Options

Man United Supporters Thread (Part 47)

Comments

• Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my mind it is a word, to me it means something like "after along while", or "taking longer than might be deemed necessary".

I hope that helps to sort things out.

Elongated is a word.

Elongatedly is not.

But go on a reality TV show and say it over and over again and it will soon find it's way into the OED.
  • Options
    Eye ItchEye Itch Posts: 671
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In my mind it is a word, to me it means something like "after along while", or "taking longer than might be deemed necessary".

I hope that helps to sort things out.

Stop making shit up.
  • Options
    batdude_uk1batdude_uk1 Posts: 78,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elongated is a word.

Elongatedly is not.

But go on a reality TV show and say it over and over again and it will soon find it's way into the OED.
    Eye Itch wrote: »
    Stop making shit up.

Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone, I have honestly used the form of the word, that is not actually a word before, hence why I used it here.

I guess I should be more careful over the words that I chose to use, once again, sorry about the error, when I wrote that post it made sense to me, if it confused others, or it didn't make sense, then I apologise for that.
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry I didn't mean to offend anyone, I have honestly used the form of the word, that is not actually a word before, hence why I used it here.

I guess I should be more careful over the words that I chose to use, once again, sorry about the error, when I wrote that post it made sense to me, if it confused others, or it didn't make sense, then I apologise for that.

Protractedly is the word you wanted. And I should know... :D
  • Options
    HaydenHayden Posts: 32,949
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get the best years from Falcao (say four of them), then perhaps look to see if Welbeck has developed into a more complete player, then look to sign him back or not.

Will Arsenal have any say in this or will you just expect him to come running back when you click your fingers?
  • Options
    NorthernNinnyNorthernNinny Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »
    Will Arsenal have any say in this or will you just expect him to come running back when you click your fingers?

Nah,he's burnt his bridges here.

Not even said anything about how great the Utd fans were.

You're welcome to him.:p:D
  • Options
    bazzaroobazzaroo Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member

Oh do stop procrastinating! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hayden wrote: »

Of course they will, it was only a small idea that I thought that I would put out there as something that could happen in the future, not something that will happen.
    There are of course a lot of layers to any transfer, band who knows he might be really settled with your club by then, and might not want to cone back.
    There are any number of different reasons why this would not happen, I was only putting across one particular scenario.
  • Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apparently, Danny Welbeck's dad was a South African bomb disposal expert.

His name was Stan.

It made me laugh, at least :D
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes it turned up about two or three weeks ago, I now have it under lock and key (well almost anyway!).

Thanks for asking.

Make sure it doesnt get lost again, otherwise you wont be able to follow United on tour next summer. Maybe give it to your mum to look after.

Where are you planning to go on Holiday, - America, Holland, Thailand, Spain, now you have your passport again the world is your oyster.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Make sure it doesnt get lost again, otherwise you wont be able to follow United on tour next summer. Maybe give it to your mum to look after.

Where are you planning to go on Holiday, - America, Holland, Thailand, Spain, now you have your passport again the world is your oyster.

I don't quite know yet, perhaps I will try something a lititle closer to home, perhaps Naples in Italy (that is the one with the gondalas isn't it?).

Something that I would love to go and see, and if I had a bucket list, this would be right at the top, would be to go and see the Northern Lights.
    It is one thing seeing them on TV in a programme, even in HD, but I would imagine that it would be something entirely different, seeing them with my own eyes.
  • Options
    Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't quite know yet, perhaps I will try something a lititle closer to home, perhaps Naples in Italy (that is the one with the gondalas isn't it?).

Something that I would love to go and see, and if I had a bucket list, this would be right at the top, would be to go and see the Northern Lights.
    It is one thing seeing them on TV in a programme, even in HD, but I would imagine that it would be something entirely different, seeing them with my own eyes.

Somewhere near to home, what about France.

Somewhere near to home you wont need a passport though, London.
  • Options
    Xela MXela M Posts: 4,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The German press reported that LVG is badmouthing Bayern Munich again! Grrr... not very nice at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Somewhere near to home, what about France.

Somewhere near to home you wont need a passport though, London.

I have only ever been very briefly in France, so that might be something or somewhere that would be worth exploring, as there are plenty of potential destinations there to choose from.

As for Lindon, I have been there a few times, but not for a very long while, (the last time was just after the Eye was built) so perhaps maybe now is a time to reconsider and look to go again, and see what has changed.
    I don't know if they do this, but if I were to go to London, one of the things I would like to see would be a tour of the House of Commons and the Lords, as even though I am not that much into politics, I recognise what an historic building that is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xela M wrote: »
    The German press reported that LVG is badmouthing Bayern Munich again! Grrr... not very nice at all.

What sort of things has he been saying? :confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What sort of things has he been saying? :confused::confused:

He never got on with Uli Hoeness and they had a bit of a mud slinging match in the press when LVG was asked to leave Bayern.

However, LVG's most recent statement was that Bayern never supported him or trusted his philosophy, so at this point in the season if he had a similar start with Bayern as he did with ManUnited, he would have been called into the office to explain himself to Bayern's management. Whereas ManUnited's reaction is to spend money and buy more players.
  • Options
    TheMunchTheMunch Posts: 9,024
    Forum Member
    I have only ever been very briefly in France, so that might be something or somewhere that would be worth exploring, as there are plenty of potential destinations there to choose from.

As for Lindon, I have been there a few times, but not for a very long while, (the last time was just after the Eye was built) so perhaps maybe now is a time to reconsider and look to go again, and see what has changed.
    I don't know if they do this, but if I were to go to London, one of the things I would like to see would be a tour of the House of Commons and the Lords, as even though I am not that much into politics, I recognise what an historic building that is.

You can help the Queen and Prince Philip with their Ice Bucket Challenge while you're there, too. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He never got on with Uli Hoeness and they had a bit of a mud slinging match in the press when LVG was asked to leave Bayern.

However, LVG's most recent statement was that Bayern never supported him or trusted his philosophy, so at this point in the season if he had a similar start with Bayern as he did with ManUnited, he would have been called into the office to explain himself to Bayern's management. Whereas ManUnited's reaction is to spend money and buy more players.

Thanks for the update, I thought that at one stage he did in fact have a similar start with Bayern as he currently has done with us so far, (I could be wrong)??

What does it matter if our reaction is to spend money? Bayern recently saw one if their players get injured, what was their reaction? Oh yeah to spend some more money and buy another player, so they are hardly innocents in all of this, and they haven't exactly started the season as I expect they thought that they might either, so they don't have much room to have a go at us.

TheMunch wrote: »
    You can help the Queen and Prince Philip with their Ice Bucket Challenge while you're there, too. :p

Alright, if I got passed all of the possible security that guards them night and day, then yes that would be a good idea!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update, I thought that at one stage he did in fact have a similar start with Bayern as he currently has done with us so far, (I could be wrong)??

What does it matter if our reaction is to spend money? Bayern recently saw one if their players get injured, what was their reaction? Oh yeah to spend some more money and buy another player, so they are hardly innocents in all of this, and they haven't exactly started the season as I expect they thought that they might either, so they don't have much room to have a go at us.

Sorry, I didn't word my post very well. Bild Sport reported that LVG said that ManUnited were a lot more positive in their approach because they trust him and his philosophy, so they bought new players, whereas Bayern Munich's management was a lot more critical and would have probably sacked him by now. He had big arguments with Hoeness over player purchases and team formations at Bayern. I see Pep going the same way LVG did. I don't think foreign managers suit Bayern, especially when some of the best managers in the world are German. Bayern's management is very tough and was especially tough when Hoeness was around. They are very 'hands on' directors and have seen it all before, so a manager doesn't get too many chances to demonstrate his philosophy. Stubbornness is not appreciated. Another spectacular mistake by LVG's favourite keeper Thomas Kraft and he was shown the door.
  • Options
    f_196f_196 Posts: 11,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wenger saying if he'd have been in the country, he wouldn't have signed Welbeck. Whoops! :D
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, I didn't word my post very well. Bild Sport reported that LVG said that ManUnited were a lot more positive in their approach because they trust him and his philosophy, so they bought new players, whereas Bayern Munich's management was a lot more critical and would have probably sacked him by now. He had big arguments with Hoeness over player purchases and team formations at Bayern. I see Pep going the same way LVG did. I don't think foreign managers suit Bayern, especially when some of the best managers in the world are German. Bayern's management is very tough and was especially tough when Hoeness was around. They are very 'hands on' directors and have seen it all before, so a manager doesn't get too many chances to demonstrate his philosophy. Stubbornness is not appreciated. Another spectacular mistake by LVG's favourite keeper Thomas Kraft and he was shown the door.

Sounds like LVG's view is similar to yours then. Sounds like a difficult club to work for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like LVG's view is similar to yours then. Sounds like a difficult club to work for.

I'm actually a Bayern and Hoeness fan :blush: They may be tough and difficult to work for, but they are very experienced and smart. They have built an incredible club. Hoeness has done an amazing job (regardless of his current whereabouts :D ). He discovered Klinsmann was a useless manager almost immediately. Anyway... some great managers are not suited to certain clubs.

LVG may be a perfect fit for ManUtd.
  • Options
    Grim FandangoGrim Fandango Posts: 4,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually a Bayern and Hoeness fan :blush: They may be tough and difficult to work for, but they are very experienced and smart. They have built an incredible club. Hoeness has done an amazing job (regardless of his current whereabouts :D ). He discovered Klinsmann was a useless manager almost immediately. Anyway... some great managers are not suited to certain clubs.

LVG may be a perfect fit for ManUtd

Yeah, sounds like the point that LVG was putting across. It's also not uncommon for a manager/player to ingratiate himself with the fans/owners with a dollop of charm every now and again.

I guess it's a case of whatever works, and obviously in Bayern's case they're done pretty well with Hoeness etc. playing such a large roll. I never think it's a good thing for the directors and other backroom staff to have too much influence over the team, a case of too many cooks, you could say.
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,510
    Forum Member

Please tell me that this is a joke
    Total face palm moment.....:o
  • Options
    kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    Are there any people on here in favour of Scottish independence? Ideally Scots but if you're not then feel free to answer as well :)
This discussion has been closed.