Options

Missing episode discovery rumours

Comments

• Options
    bigheatherbigheather Posts: 694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the intrigue, deception, misinformation, accusations, bitterness and egos will make a great book
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooks wrote: »
    I don't think there's many people in this whole affair that have come out of this looking better than before quite frankly.

It's been quite the education in the wild and corrosive nature of fandom.

Agreed. It does seem to have bought the worst out in a lot of people on all sides. :(

Although I think Morris has put himself in a league of his own with recent comments.
  • Options
    DiscoPDiscoP Posts: 5,931
    Forum Member
    bigheather wrote: »
    All the intrigue, deception, misinformation, accusations, bitterness and egos will make a great book

Or an episode of Doctor Who. I'm looking forward to the abzorbaloff caricature of Morris that could create in a couple of years.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    *davros voice* Spilsbury did more than that. He saw time, it's infinite complexity and majesty raging through his mind...

Random moment, excuse me :blush:

:D

And this is one of Morris's sock Twitter accounts which he uses to attack Levine and the Cardiff production office:

https://twitter.com/musicmaker880/with_replies

Morris boggles my mind.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rooks wrote: »
    Also remember that Spilsbury was involved in that terrible night of Tweets some time back where many of the professional fans were perceived to be mocking fandom about the missing episodes. I don't think there's many people in this whole affair that have come out of this looking better than before quite frankly.

It's been quite the education in the wild and corrosive nature of fandom.

It's also worth noting it's unlikely Spilsbury would have said this in public if he thought anyone senior at Cardiff disagreed with his saying it. It was fun while it lasted I guess. Though I do wonder why Steve Roberts seemed sure Morris has Marco Polo. We'll never know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    It's also worth noting it's unlikely Spilsbury would have said this in public if he thought anyone senior at Cardiff disagreed with his saying it. It was fun while it lasted I guess. Though I do wonder why Steve Roberts seemed sure Morris has Marco Polo. We'll never know.

If I recall correctly it was mainly a belief that Marco Polo would turn up as it was sold to a lot more countries than some of the other missing serials so if Morris was hunting around for them then he was quite likely to have found it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DiscoP wrote: »
    If I recall correctly it was mainly a belief that Marco Polo would turn up as it was sold to a lot more countries than some of the other missing serials so if Morris was hunting around for them then he was quite likely to have found it.

Polo was shown in 23 countries, there were 10-15 copies of it made.

Looking at it logically it's hugely unlikely we should have any of Daleks Masterplan (of which generally accepted opinion is there were only ever 2 copies of) and none of Marco Polo (numerous copies made).

But of course we do have three twelfth's of DMP, and none of Polo.
  • Options
    Chris_TVChris_TV Posts: 4,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spilsbury said rather a lot more than just that... He essentially stated that Morris is a WUM, a troll who glories in the chaos his comments create and that everyone could do a lot worse than depriving Morris of the attention he craves by ignoring him and getting on with just enjoying what we have. He said Morris was essentially at the root of all the in-fighting and that he was enjoying it. It was an incredible outburst (and one I fully agree with).

This is something that i have suspected for a while now, Full respect to Tom for finally saying something. Somebody had too at some point.
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's interesting that Tom Spilsbury has become involved once again. he is just about the most "official" statement we are likely to get, so I reckon that draws a line under things. He is the only one who has any kind of "official" or "formal" capacity in which to act, and the only one who has to mind his Ps and Qs because of his job.

Also, he's the only one to speak out who isn't a total mentalist.
    I found Tom's comment on Ian's FB page ... what a nice, measured, calming thing to say. Well done, Tom S.

I don't really understand Twitter, but this ... https://twitter.com/musicmaker880 ... seems to be the most insane thing in the whole history of the interweb. :(
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't really understand Twitter, but this ... https://twitter.com/musicmaker880 ... seems to be the most insane thing in the whole history of the interweb. :(

I don't get it. What's it supposed to be? :confused:
    Most things on Twitter are nonsense, but this takes inane nonsense to a whole new level?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

His obsession with Anthony Horowitz is a bit worrying, chap might want to think about getting a restraining order.....:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    His obsession with Anthony Horowitz is a bit worrying, chap might want to think about getting a restraining order.....:o

Just so I'm clear is the person behind this twitter account claiming not to be Morris but they have the same style of grammar and seem to share much of the same views?
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most things on Twitter are nonsense, but this takes inane nonsense to a whole new level?
    The earliest tweets make it pretty obvious that the account was set up to troll Ian Levine. More recently, it seems to have become a one-man "Sack Moffat, hire Horowitz" campaign.

Holy f***! This is a professional who managed to search some of the world's most dangerous places for missing Doctor Who episodes. Yet he spends his time merrily baiting an outspoken fan.

Bizarre. Utterly bizarre.:confused:
    DiscoP wrote: »
    Just so I'm clear is the person behind this twitter account claiming not to be Morris but they have the same style of grammar and seem to share much of the same views?
    Plus it would appear the photo belongs to someone who most definitely isn't a Blackpool DJ.

http://thegaymenproject.com/2013/09/22/reiner-graphic-designer-panama-city/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The earliest tweets make it pretty obvious that the account was set up to troll Ian Levine. More recently, it seems to have become a one-man "Sack Moffat, hire Horowitz" campaign.

Holy f***! This is a professional who managed to search some of the world's most dangerous places for missing Doctor Who episodes. Yet he spends his time merrily baiting an outspoken fan.

Bizarre. Utterly bizarre.:confused:

Well I guess everyone needs to have a hobby :)

Actually that's all a bit scary if true. I know Ian and Phil have had their differences recently but Ian did actually help get Phil started on the whole missing episodes hunt in the first place!

I wonder how many other fake accounts he may have set up? Maybe we've even been chatting to him on this very thread (although I think the DS forums are too low key for him to bother with).

This whole saga has been so surreal from start to finish and has had more twists and turns than even the most confusing of Moffat's timey wimey plots.
  • Options
    Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Muttley76 wrote: »

The thing is, the suggestion of Horowitz isn't strictly bad when the time comes for Moffat to leave but the way Morris is going about it though is utterly daft.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone here following @archives1963 on twitter please unfollow him; it's widely accepted that his having an audience isn't helping.
  • Options
    SambdaSambda Posts: 6,210
    Forum Member
    I don't follow every nuance of this saga, so people may know this, but I found it interesting (and I don't think it's been mentioned on this thread) that company tax records for PM's TIEA outfit were checked out from Companies House....

(This is from Planet Mondas...)

It's not even registered at the lockup garage anymore. TIEA head office is now a postbox at an accountants firm in Wigan. TIEA was formed in 2011 and up to end of March 2013 had no income since incorporation. Losses actually increased and all expenditure was funded personally by Phil Morris. There is actually a line in the 2013 annual return stating that the company hoped to generate income streams in the future. That would be money coming in from Enemy and Web. Also, no employees except for Morris as Executive Director.

The next accounts / annual return is due at Companies House by the end of 2014. They should shed some more light on things.

I do hope PM hasn't been taking the archival heritage of these African stations simply to get his hands on the British stuff, and doing nothing with the African stuff (except maybe running some basic cleaning, sub-contracted out, and putting the films in a new tin). That's naughty.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I did notice the strange obsession with Anthony Horowitz and the bizarre behaviour of re-tweeting every possible "Doctor Who is shit now" tweet they come across.

Is this supposed to be an account dedicated to trolling someone or is it a real person? If it is a dedicated trolling account, that's even more bizarre. Who invents a person complete with profile picture simply to annoy someone else?

(Sorry if I'm a bit behind or uninformed, I haven't really been paying any attention at all to this thread until recently when I began hearing about this Philip Morris guy and his strange vendetta against the current producers of the show)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    JCR wrote: »
    Anyone here following @archives1963 on twitter please unfollow him; it's widely accepted that his having an audience isn't helping.

Yes, this needs doing by everyone with an interest in missing episodes. Any attention that comes Morris's way at the moment is just counterproductive.
  • Options
    Forum Member

That is Morris's sock puppet account that he set up on Twitter to bait Levine and, more recently, shriek endlessly about Horowitz replacing Moffat. It is unquestionably Morris behind it (despite the bizarre tweets referring to 'rimming', etc.). Everyone needs to be aware of what Morris is up to.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did notice the strange obsession with Anthony Horowitz and the bizarre behaviour of re-tweeting every possible "Doctor Who is shit now" tweet they come across.

Is this supposed to be an account dedicated to trolling someone or is it a real person? If it is a dedicated trolling account, that's even more bizarre. Who invents a person complete with profile picture simply to annoy someone else?

(Sorry if I'm a bit behind or uninformed, I haven't really been paying any attention at all to this thread until recently when I began hearing about this Philip Morris guy and his strange vendetta against the current producers of the show)

It was an account set up to troll Ian Levine. I don't doubt Levine has a temper and is capable of of being extremely rude to people, but trolling him the way Morris and others appear to be just makes them look terrible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    The thing is, the suggestion of Horowitz isn't strictly bad when the time comes for Moffat to leave but the way Morris is going about it though is utterly daft.

I have no issue with anyone expressing the view he could be a future show runner, though wouldn't be my choice, however, he seems to retweet everything Horowitz tweets in a vaguely stalker like manner.....:blush:
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rumours, stories of finds, restoring episodes, Twitter slanging matches. This whole lost episode thing could be made into a movie someday.:D

Seriously though, I still believe something has been found but it must take a long time to restore it to watchable condition.
    I also think they should give us something to carry us over and give us a little hope that they have something. Tell us they have a few episodes but can't say if they will be able to be restored.

Always an interesting thread.
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After seeing Morris's recent behaviour, I would like to apologise publicly to Ian Levine for any bias I have shown against him.

Although I still have reservations about the wisdom of some of Ian's outbursts, it seems there has been a fair amount of provocation from certain parties. Nobody comes out of these spats looking good. I just hope in future Ian consults his Inner Editor before tweeting something which plays into the hands of the recipient.

Get well soon, Ian. I may not agree with you all the time, but I'm always interested in what you have to say.
  • Options
    BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    At some point in this whole Saga, Ian Levine somehow became the sympathetic, sane and rational one.

And if *that* doesn't show how f***ed up this has all become nothing will.