Help choosing a new phone

steveh31steveh31 Posts: 13,516
Forum Member
✭✭
The last time i bought a new phone I got the terrible HTC wildfire which I hated from moment I started using so this time I want to buy a good phone while I have the money to do so.

I am looking at Lg G3 or Somy Xperia Z2 (as Z3 comes out soon hoping for price reduction) or possibly a Samsung maybe a Note or Galaxy S5.

Can anyone give me advice?

I have read Lg G3 battery is not so good.

Much appreciated in advance.

Comments

• simon69csimon69c Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might want to consider the Oneplus One - similar specs to those but a fraction of the price, plus it runs cyanogenmod which is a really good, highly customisable version of Android with lots of extra useful features like restricting what access apps are allowed to have.

Currently only available via an invite system as they struggle to keep up with demand, but I gather they are due to be available for general purchase in October.
  • JFCJFC Posts: 569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    simon69c wrote: »
    Might want to consider the Oneplus One - similar specs to those but a fraction of the price, plus it runs cyanogenmod which is a really good, highly customisable version of Android with lots of extra useful features like restricting what access apps are allowed to have.

Currently only available via an invite system as they struggle to keep up with demand, but I gather they are due to be available for general purchase in October.

One plus One do not seem overly keen on selling phones to customers. You either have to receive an invite from someone who has already got one or enter competitions on their Facebook page or some such sh*te
  • Mark in EssexMark in Essex Posts: 3,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can recommend the Galaxy S5.

I've had one for a while and love it (a good all rounder).

There seem to be some good deals out there at the moment as well.
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The nexus 5 is still an absolutely great phone. And worth a mention considering its price.
  • victor melvictor mel Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    The nexus 5 is still an absolutely great phone. And worth a mention considering its price.

Or wait a month for the Nexus 6. Although the rumous are talking about a 5.9" screen
    which might be too big.