Options

Week 1 Dances / Training Videos

Comments

• Options
    kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    This may or may not be true, of course. However, she is a professional and should not let it show. I daresay there have been many pro's, over the years, less than happy with their partners, or just don't even like them, but they act in a professional manner and no-one would ever know..

I take it you didn't see the years with Gary Rhodes and Paul Daniels it was obvious Karen and Ola didn't like their partners at all.

To me this is just Aliona and her personality I don't remember her being over extrovert or ott happy with any of her other partners she concentrates on teaching which is being a professional to me that all I see in the vt. Aliona really can't win if she was smily and all over Gregg (which would never happen) she would be called fake. People seem to tear Aliona apart for the slightly thing no matter what she does and analyses / overanalyses every tiny detail.
  • Options
    kp2nikp2ni Posts: 1,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like Simon and Kristina might be doing the jive if you look at this picture
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    Looks like Pixie and Trent are Jiving if the first steps video is anything to go by.....
  • Options
    Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Assuming the same format is used (except the numbers for the female/male celebs), I would reckon that the remaining females will probably have a mix of tango/cha cha cha & waltz.

Personal (random) guess for the remaining female celebs:

Jennifer - Waltz
    Alison - Cha Cha Cha
    Sunetra - Tango
  • Options
    Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    And c) we're lost if we start writing our own flipping tabloids :(

Or, in other words, good for you :)

• Options
    CloneClownCloneClown Posts: 6,296
    Forum Member
    You can tell Trent was Robin's replacement. That looked like serious level Lisa Riley choreography. :o

It does look dodgy and is making me think perhaps we have another Tina & Jared scenario where it's going to be an odd pairing that just doesn't work because the pro is not up to it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Pixie and Trent..looks erm, interesting. I think she'll be a good dancer but choreography needs to be great to really impress. Hopefully they'll throw in some actual dance steps and we just haven't seen them in the clip.
  • Options
    cwickhamcwickham Posts: 10,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know Trent was a last-minute replacement but I can't imagine they'd put him with the pre-series favourite if they didn't think his choreography was up to scratch.
  • Options
    KiwiJayKiwiJay Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If the first week follows the same format as last year's, as I believe it will then:

CHA-CHA-CHA
    Caroline & Pasha - CONFIRMED
    Scott & Joanne - CONFIRMED
    Mark & Karen - CONFIRMED
    Gregg & Aliona - CONFIRMED
    male - possibly Thom & Iveta
    female - possibly Alison & Aljaz or Jennifer & Tristan

WALTZ
    Frankie & Kevin - CONFIRMED
    Judy & Anton - CONFIRMED
    male - possibly Steve & Ola or Tim & Natalie
    female - possibly Alison & Aljaz or Jennifer & Tristan

TANGO
    Jake & Janette - CONFIRMED
    male - possibly Steve & Ola or Tim & Natalie
    female - possibly Sunetra & Brendan

JIVE
    Pixie & Trent - CONFIRMED
    male - possibly Simon & Kristina
  • Options
    Ellie_Ellie_ Posts: 1,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie looks like she's gonna be awesome!

Not a huge fan of the choreo but we're only seeing small snapshots of an unfinished routine at the moment. Hasn't Trent got pretty good credentials? It might just be that faffy stuff at the beginning before the routine itself gets going...
  • Options
    Jennifer_FJennifer_F Posts: 4,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pixie and Trent..looks erm, interesting. I think she'll be a good dancer but choreography needs to be great to really impress. Hopefully they'll throw in some actual dance steps and we just haven't seen them in the clip.

What is here, is only a snippet of course, but these are jive "steps".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ellie_ wrote: »
    Pixie looks like she's gonna be awesome!

Not a huge fan of the choreo but we're only seeing small snapshots of an unfinished routine at the moment. Hasn't Trent got pretty good credentials? It might just be that faffy stuff at the beginning before the routine itself gets going...

I agree, Pixie looks good in this clip, a lot of natural rhythm, but expected bearing in mind her dance experience. Trent will get her to tone her body more and use her legs and feet to better effect. She doesn't want to make it look too balletic though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kp2ni wrote: »
    I take it you didn't see the years with Gary Rhodes and Paul Daniels it was obvious Karen and Ola didn't like their partners at all.

To me this is just Aliona and her personality I don't remember her being over extrovert or ott happy with any of her other partners she concentrates on teaching which is being a professional to me that all I see in the vt. Aliona really can't win if she was smily and all over Gregg (which would never happen) she would be called fake. People seem to tear Aliona apart for the slightly thing no matter what she does and analyses / overanalyses every tiny detail.

A professional dance coach is never smiley, smiley. Dancers pay a lot of money to be taught and expect 100% commitment and concenration on the matter in hand, I certainly don't expect chat- don't want it, its my money they are wasting - but I do expect a friendly disposition and a professional approach. I am not over analysing Aliona, couldn't care less really. I was commenting on how a professional should treat their student. If I felt a coach was offhand with me, they simply would never see my money again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer_F wrote: »
    What is here, is only a snippet of course, but these are jive "steps".

I agree. Hip bump, chasse etc. I think it is that so many Strictly jives consist mainly of kicks and flicks, it is forgotten that there are other jive steps.
  • Options
    Sue_HowarthSue_Howarth Posts: 1,062
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we start to guess who is performing Friday/Saturday?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spin turn wrote: »
    I agree. Hip bump, chasse etc. I think it is that so many Strictly jives consist mainly of kicks and flicks, it is forgotten that there are other jive steps.

Spot on spin turn, absolutely correct.
  • Options
    hannahhannah Posts: 13,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thom & Iveta first steps video is up now
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p026yttf
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hannah wrote: »
    Thom & Iveta first steps video is up now
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p026yttf

Yay! They got that up quickly. Ta hannah
    I'm sure Iveta didn't wear lipstick for training last year… Crying on the inside for Mark. :cry::cry:

(Just trying to pick the brains of proper dancey people... Can any of you tell what Steve is dancing from this one over-dark picture? Not the best ever bit of evidence... But you all seem able to perform detective miracles https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveBackshall/status/512930793292046336/photos)
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    I'm sure Iveta didn't wear lipstick for training last year… Crying on the inside for Mark. :cry::cry:

(Just trying to pick the brains of proper dancey people... Can any of you tell what Steve is dancing from this one over-dark picture? Not the best ever bit of evidence... But you all seem able to perform detective miracles https://mobile.twitter.com/SteveBackshall/status/512930793292046336/photos)

Paso maybe :confused:
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have lightened it considerably and it does look suspiciously like a paso - would he be doing a paso as a first dance :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    I have lightened it considerably and it does look suspiciously like a paso - would he be doing a paso as a first dance :confused:

Getting scared again! Was just calming down after the samba fear. Eek

Thanks for the suggestions, AK and olive :)
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting scared again! Was just calming down after the samba fear. Eek

Thanks for the suggestions, AK and olive :)

could possibly be an odd, swishy foxtrot.......:blush:;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His shoes look like latin ones. The line (which is incidentally quite nice :-) ) does look a bit paso. Could be samba I suppose although there's not much in the way of hip action

I don't think paso is that difficult actually. But then I'm a ballroom lady and so paso is the most comfortable of the latin dances.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Spin turn wrote: »
    His shoes look like latin ones. The line (which is incidentally quite nice :-) ) does look a bit paso. Could be samba I suppose.

I thought rather nice too, though I am well on the way to complete bias as far as Steve is concerned :D:p

Any hoo, even I can tell Thom and Iveta are doing the waltz and he looks very promising in a big brooding dark and handsome way, if you prefer that kind of thing to short, scruffy and round (like lovely Mark)
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the pictue of steve and ola could be anythng a start piece or part of a routine could still even be samba but don' t thnk it is paso - Tom and Iveta look ok