Aliona Vilani Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Options
    KorkyTheCatKorkyTheCat Posts: 24,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spin turn wrote: »
    Thought you might be interested in this post from the Attic Cafe:

Unfortunately KA is unable to reproduce Aliona's emoticon for disturbing.....:-D

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThb0wyD6IrjRFGLZlPkXQqZrZvOxwo4C3WiQy2MmRpmn1fiUFHrg
  • Options
    Spin turnSpin turn Posts: 1,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fact Korky chose Munch is disturbing me double now :D:o:p

😖😖
  • Options
    fatskiafatskia Posts: 11,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My pattern has been to use logic and evidence where available.

I do also come up with the best answer I can from what information I collect and basically hold that until I think there is a better answer - then I replace it with the new one.

I'm fairly alone in my 'best answer' so was staying off the forum as its an opinion and differs from a lot of forumites I respect.

There may be a bit of 'hair-tearing-out' at me saying that this could be a sign that having made her protest at Gregg still being on the show, Aliona is moving on.

I'll not be arguing for my new best answer either as I don't have proof to argue with - just stating how I think it may be. I think I should state it because I didn't want to come to these conclusions as it makes me unhappy, but having reached them, it is something I think matters.

I'll move on and leave it at that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fatskia wrote: »
    My pattern has been to use logic and evidence where available.

I do also come up with the best answer I can from what information I collect and basically hold that until I think there is a better answer - then I replace it with the new one.

I'm fairly alone in my 'best answer' so was staying off the forum as its an opinion and differs from a lot of forumites I respect.

There may be a bit of 'hair-tearing-out' at me saying that this could be a sign that having made her protest at Gregg still being on the show, Aliona is moving on.

I'll not be arguing for my new best answer either as I don't have proof to argue with - just stating how I think it may be. I think I should state it because I didn't want to come to these conclusions as it makes me unhappy, but having reached them, it is something I think matters.

I'll move on and leave it at that.

It's an honourable position, and thank you for explaining, but don't let it keep you away from the forum. Miss you! :)

(I'm still at the watching and waiting stage with Aliona and Gregg.)
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Greg goes commando :o:o

Poor Aliona!!

Hope he wears pants to his next lesson
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    olivej wrote: »
    Greg goes commando :o:o

Poor Aliona!!

Hope he wears pants to his next lesson

I remember Rav doing the same thing, but it was because of his big thick thighs, so maybe less risk of finding out if he was going commando.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is video of Rav's split - but I couldn't find it.

Did find this fanvid - which I hadn't seen before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKdkdCt998s
  • Options
    fawkesfawkes Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Just popped in to the Matt/Aliona thread, but thought I'd send a little wave to you folks here too :cool:

Have been an Aliona fan since Team Mattiona days (still my fave pairing ever!) and love watching her dance. Sad to see things aren't going quite in the way I had hoped for her this season :o but maybe she'll turn things around - and in any case, it will be fab to see her in some more pro dances :)

Enjoy the series!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fawkes wrote: »
    Just popped in to the Matt/Aliona thread, but thought I'd send a little wave to you folks here too :cool:

Have been an Aliona fan since Team Mattiona days (still my fave pairing ever!) and love watching her dance. Sad to see things aren't going quite in the way I had hoped for her this season :o but maybe she'll turn things around - and in any case, it will be fab to see her in some more pro dances :)

Enjoy the series!

Matt and Aliona still my favourite pairing ever too! They did use Aliona well last year in the pro dances, so I hope they do the same this year. She is too talented to not make use of.

Gregg does look like he has some dance potential and we will see how it goes. He says he is keen to learn, so we don't have long to wait to see the CCC.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am genuinely intrigued to see how this pair works out. You never know where unlikely friendships can form. (We can hope any way -- cos it would be great if both enjoyed this year's Strictly.) Good luck to 'em, especially if Craig is going to be gunning for Greggggg.

Gizza clue with Matt and Aliona. I didn't watch until the year after their year. What is their best dance you'd recommend I watch?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    I am genuinely intrigued to see how this pair works out. You never know where unlikely friendships can form. (We can hope any way -- cos it would be great if both enjoyed this year's Strictly.) Good luck to 'em, especially if Craig is going to be gunning for Greggggg.

Gizza clue with Matt and Aliona. I didn't watch until the year after their year. What is their best dance you'd recommend I watch?

Its a difficult choice, but I'd recommend the Samba. Sort of captures them at their best (although I preferred what Aliona wore when dancing it on the tour)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDzzqqUlSvU
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

samba and tango - although I just enjoyed watching them dance together :)

all their dances and training clips are on here http://www.youtube.com/user/AlionaVilaniOnline
  • Options
    Gill_BrettGill_Brett Posts: 235
    Forum Member

I love watching thier Jive based on an Austin Powers theme, I also like thier Foxtrot very sexy and I think it was only week 2. Sorry I'm a techiphobe and I can't do links but you can get them on you tube :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill_Brett wrote: »
    I love watching thier Jive based on an Austin Powers theme, I also like thier Foxtrot very sexy and I think it was only week 2. Sorry I'm a techiphobe and I can't do links but you can get them on you tube :)

Here you go:)
    Jive. They had to go to the Outer Hebrides in blizzards which disrupted the flights and had very little training time that week.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5OcnanhScg

Foxtrot (Matt's first ever ballroom dance)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns_zYaL0LXk
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

their training videos are good too, I esp love the one of Matt and Aliona on Matts farm :D
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there an elimination this weekend?

I hope not, as I won't be in a handy place to phone on Saturday night, and I bet they will need all the votes they can get!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lurve the jive! It's so full of character. Matt looks like the real deal. Any other year, I guess he'd have won. Oh and Aliona is terrific in all these videos -- she seems literally a paler version of herself these days. Wacky bright hair Aliona is a force of nature :D:D

Thank you so much for all the links. I think somehow I've seen the Hebridean practice session, round a friend's house or something like that. It was one of those background awareness things that eventually led me to watching the show.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    teeswolf wrote: »
    Is there an elimination this weekend?

I hope not, as I won't be in a handy place to phone on Saturday night, and I bet they will need all the votes they can get!

I dont think so
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I lurve the jive! It's so full of character. Matt looks like the real deal. Any other year, I guess he'd have won. Oh and Aliona is terrific in all these videos -- she seems literally a paler version of herself these days. Wacky bright hair Aliona is a force of nature :D:D

Thank you so much for all the links. I think somehow I've seen the Hebridean practice session, round a friend's house or something like that. It was one of those background awareness things that eventually led me to watching the show.

This is a great clip. They were ill the week of the final and Aliona was carrying a back injury, so the gymnastics she seemed to be trying to learn never appeared in the Showdance. That's just an aside though, the clip is a summary of their Strictly experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoD8wkiNhFM
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know if Aliona and Gregg are dancing on Friday or Saturday?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gill_Brett wrote: »
    Does anyone know if Aliona and Gregg are dancing on Friday or Saturday?

Saturday - from Aliona's twitter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fatskia wrote: »
    Saturday - from Aliona's twitter.

Thanks Fatskia:)

Lets hope they dance really well and then it's just down to his popularity.
  • Options
    Forum Member

If your looking for more Matt and Alliona there's also the Charlston that's brilliant as well:)
  • Options
    teeswolfteeswolf Posts: 3,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news there is no elimination this weekend:)

Bad news they dance Saturday as I probably won't get to see:cry:

I assume the results show won't be shown until Sunday again? Never understood that, much more exciting watching it live, even if it was on delay on a Saturday night it would be better.