Options

Corrie's Cheryl (possible spoilers)

dmbowensdmbowens Posts: 574
Forum Member
✭✭
Is it just me who can't seem to get excited about Cheryl?

She arrived from nowhere and has been thrust in to this story with Lloyd, another character who I can't get excited about, and reading her news article on DS she's about to be thrust in to a domestic violence story with many twists and turns.

I'm just wondering why we are supposed to care about her, given that she's only just arrived. I feel no empathy towards her at all and the whole storyline with her and Lloyd is boring me.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    i actually really like her and am glad she is getting more of a storyline.
  • Options
    FayecorgasmFayecorgasm Posts: 29,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dmbowens wrote: »
    Is it just me who can't seem to get excited about Cheryl?

She arrived from nowhere and has been thrust in to this story with Lloyd, another character who I can't get excited about, and reading her news article on DS she's about to be thrust in to a domestic violence story with many twists and turns.

I'm just wondering why we are supposed to care about her, given that she's only just arrived. I feel no empathy towards her at all and the whole storyline with her and Lloyd is boring me.

I know what you mean I hate it when they introduce soemone new and expect us to care about them after 5 minutes
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like her storyline, especially as her husband is gonna be playing a big part in the show
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like her. That said, I'm only dipping in and out of Corrie at the moment because I dislike the more established characters.
  • Options
    thebill22thebill22 Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they're is no one else on the street who can have a domestic abuse storyline as i can't see any of the other male characters becoming wife beaters overnight so they had to bring in a new character to make it happen.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    Are we supposed to be bothered .I think not . :mad: I am really disliking these episodes at the moment .Its mindnumbingly boring :sleep: and the Cheryl and Lloyd storyline makes me switchoff completely
  • Options
    PeteJBPeteJB Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Cheryl, she's a good actress aswell. Shame she's with Llyod
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really really like her. Potential to be a great actress too, I can really see her behind the bar.
  • Options
    SupratadSupratad Posts: 10,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's nice that Neneh Cherry has been able to revive her career. We can look forward to her 'hanging' in the Rover's in a buffalo stance. Perhaps Lloyd will give her love baby, not romance.
    Mind you, Lewis, he's just a gigolo man, what is he like?
  • Options
    ScotlassScotlass Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another character who just appears and takes a lead role, strange that we never see other main characters just going about their business when focused on a storyline.
    e.g. Kevin in his garage, Dev in his shop etc.
  • Options
    ScotlassScotlass Posts: 819
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Supratad wrote: »
    It's nice that Neneh Cherry has been able to revive her career. We can look forward to her 'hanging' in the Rover's in a buffalo stance. Perhaps Lloyd will give her love baby, not romance.
    Mind you, Lewis, he's just a gigolo man, what is he like?
    I like him, pity he is leaving
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    It's like Kelly left and they thought "we need another leggy black girl with curly hair...pronto!!"
  • Options
    Born lippyBorn lippy Posts: 2,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    It's like Kelly left and they thought "we need another leggy black girl with curly hair...pronto!!"

HA HA HA!! Totally! She's so hot.... find it hard to believe that she'd go for Lloyd though....

I actually have warmed to Cheryl, the storyline is portraying very well the dilemma mothers face in domestic violence situations. She's torn....

She didn't really come from nowhere, she came onto the show a couple of months ago and was Leanne's mate.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    Boring storyline. And does every female that Lloyd meets have to move into his flat within the first five minutes?
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just can't summon up any interest in this storyline, so far. Doesn't help that the actress playing Cheryl is very bland, IMO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    I just can't summon up any interest in this storyline, so far. Doesn't help that the actress playing Cheryl is very bland, IMO.

Yes, have to agree with you. I feel my eyes glazing over when these two appear. Can they not just give Lloyd a nice girlfriend without "issues"? Or is that too much for Corrie?
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am fed up with these domestic abuse storylines?

Have soaps ever done a domestic abuse storyline involving a man, getting beaten by his wife or girlfriend at home? It does happen in real life, and would make a change than always being women being abused and men always looking like the villains.
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am fed up with these domestic abuse storylines?

Have soaps ever done a domestic abuse storyline involving a man, getting beaten by his wife or girlfriend at home? It does happen in real life, and would make a change than always being women being abused and men always looking like the villains.

Hollyoaks did it a few years ago, when (the deeply annoying) Mandy started beating Tony....and I think Enders did it too, with Steve Owen's sister attacking Gianni di Marco
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

And I suspect she will be written out by next spring
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hollyoaks did it a few years ago, when (the deeply annoying) Mandy started beating Tony....and I think Enders did it too, with Steve Owen's sister attacking Gianni di Marco

Didn't Brookside do it as well, with Bernie Nolan and her husband?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    marvola45 wrote: »
    Didn't Brookside do it as well, with Bernie Nolan and her husband?

I don't think she did...she was meek and mild (and always banging on about IVF as she couldn't have kids of her own)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think she did...she was meek and mild (and always banging on about IVF as she couldn't have kids of her own)

Ah, ok. I know Marty's ex-wife used to beat him up - for some reason, I had it in my head that Diane did as well towards the end of their storyline.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    I'm warming to her after the last episode
  • Options
    charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm warming to her after the last episode

Agreed, I think Corrie are portraying this storyline really well- anyone else agree?
  • Options
    callumfreemancallumfreeman Posts: 12,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss Teresa