Panasonic TX37G10 - Question

I bought this set some months ago and am fairly happy with it.

At the time SKY HD was great picture sharp all fine and dandy.

I then purchased a Samsung c5300 Blu Ray Player connected up and again was happy with the quality.

Now here is my question, on display models in the shops other Panasonics when showing either a Blu-Ray feed or an SKY HD feed their image was different to mine.

It was extremly smooth, almost like you were watching a live feed. Why was my display not showing those same results.

I then realised that on the Smasung BD player the 24p option by default was off, so turned that on. Also by default the 24p option on the Panny was off so turned that on.

Played a movie and low and behold the live effect could be seen straight away, especially on the newer Blu ray movies. But for the life of me I cannot get the same effect on Sky HD.

I was at CostCo yesterday and they had several Pannasonics on display all showing the same SKY1 HD feed of Bones and it was like watching a live feed.

Is is just my older panel that is not processing the HD feed from the Sky box correctly, or is it some other setup either on the Sky box or Panny.

Any help would be appreciated

Comments

• pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    Errr oh you mean that awful image interpolation tech aka "motion flow" or such high hz tech. It makes everything look like a soap opera, generating artifacts and the rest, awful stuff.
  • MeanMintMeanMint Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    That's the one, but I don't get the artifacts or other awful stuff you are on about on my set via blu-ray. Only a smooth real life like image.;)
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps your telly can use different image settings for each input? Even my "lowly" LG is capable of that.

Worth double checking the image settings are the same regardless of input selection.
    Forum Member
    Thought that initially but in the manual when you go to the setup you have the option for 24p for 24p sources. If it's not a 24p source then you only get the option for frame correction. This is set to max on Sky HD, but makes no difference.
    Forum Member
    24p is entirely separate from motion flow smoothing. If your tv doesn't have the feature you don't have it regardless of what the input box is set to. Just because you have high hz tv does not mean it has the feature.
    Its lame anyways, life like..more like bad cg or cheap video.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pocatello wrote: »
    24p is entirely separate from motion flow smoothing. If your tv doesn't have the feature you don't have it regardless of what the input box is set to. Just because you have high hz tv does not mean it has the feature.
    Its lame anyways, life like..more like bad cg or cheap video.

Generally on Panasonics the 100Hz frame interpolation/ motion handling is excellent. On other makes it certainly used to produce some wierd effects.

I have not heard of a "Frame Correction" option in the menu that the OP describes. Could the OP please check the description of this option in the menu?
    Forum Member
    Lol I'm not sure why he didn't just mention the model of his tv....
    Forum Member
    I did, it's in the title.
    Forum Member
    Oh somehow missed it