Options

Does anyone know if this is true ?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,076
Forum Member
http://tellymix.co.uk/reality-tv/dancing-on-ice/119319-dancing-on-ice-2013-hayley-tamaddon-to-join-judging-panel.html

I sincerely hope not, I may have to give this series a miss if she is on the panel.
Did they not see how much criticism Strictly came in for having a past winner on the panel?

Comments

• Options
    TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not been denied or confirmed so don't know.
    Really hope not though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand her, sorry.

Whether I like her or not though, I think it's really stupid of any show to let previous contestants work on the show (presenting/judging etc.)

Just because she won, doesn't mean everyone likes her - there's a reason why she only got 60% of the vote and not 100%.

The same goes for Brian Dowling, he may have won BB2 and Ultimate BB, but that does not mean people want him presenting the show. Stupid and lazy decisions when they give jobs to ex-contestants :mad:

Hayley will make me switch off - she's a smug cow.
  • Options
    memmhmemmh Posts: 14,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Order wrote: »

Whether I like her or not though, I think it's really stupid of any show to let previous contestants work on the show (presenting/judging etc.)

Just because she won, doesn't mean everyone likes her - there's a reason why she only got 60% of the vote and not 100%.

The same goes for Brian Dowling, he may have won BB2 and Ultimate BB, but that does not mean people want him presenting the show. Stupid and lazy decisions when they give jobs to ex-contestants :mad:

I completely agree with all of that and I'm not sure I'd watch if she's on the panel either.
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    Hayley's just confirmed on twitter it's NOT true
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank goodness for that. Having a former contestant as a judge is a really bad idea. Thanks, pothuthic.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,533
    Forum Member
    pothuthic wrote: »
    Hayley's just confirmed on twitter it's NOT true

Thank God for that... surely one of the worst celebs to appear on the show - her and Dan's sickly grims and winks to the camera always irrated me immensly
  • Options
    bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason Gardiner tweeted to say "don't believe all you read" when it was first rumoured that he was back on the Judging panel, as far as I know no one else has been mentioned apart from Haley and I'm pretty sure she would be more than happy to do it if she was asked!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hayley's tweet:
    Hello all. Just to set the record straight... I will not be a judge on the panel of Doi this year. But I'm sure whoever is will be great.xx
    I'm pleased. VERY pleased.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fantastic news!!!

It is strange though how they've confirmed Jason but aren't willing to confirm the other judges - unless they've still not decided on who they want? Surely Robin will be back?
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I know that Jason is back on the ITV website
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    Order wrote: »

Thats 60% more than anyone else they could get. People complained , rightly, about Nicky being random and Karen's marking being bland. A lot complained when they put one of the most experienced and successful singers and actors around on the panel. A professional critique wasn't that popular when people's favourites were on the end of it and the people getting no votes were praised. When they put Emma on as an immensely popular general judge, they complained she couldn't skate. When they then put one of the few skaters anyone will have heard of on they compalined about her marking and her English.

Basically there' 's no more perms left. Its either a big TV name - probably with less relevant experience than either Ruthie or Emma - like Biggins. Or a skater no one has heard of who parrots Robin. Or they could try someone with a lot of acting, stage, TV and musical experience who skates better than almost all the contestants ever will, knows the show, and won the thing. If you want to go for the last option, there's only a couple of candidates with enough relevant experience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thats 60% more than anyone else they could get. People complained , rightly, about Nicky being random and Karen's marking being bland. A lot complained when they put one of the most experienced and successful singers and actors around on the panel. A professional critique wasn't that popular when people's favourites were on the end of it and the people getting no votes were praised. When they put Emma on as an immensely popular general judge, they complained she couldn't skate. When they then put one of the few skaters anyone will have heard of on they compalined about her marking and her English.

Basically there' 's no more perms left. Its either a big TV name - probably with less relevant experience than either Ruthie or Emma - like Biggins. Or a skater no one has heard of who parrots Robin. Or they could try someone with a lot of acting, stage, TV and musical experience who skates better than almost all the contestants ever will, knows the show, and won the thing. If you want to go for the last option, there's only a couple of candidates with enough relevant experience.
    How about a former pro? They know skating, they're known to the public, they're already associated with the show and they know what it's like for the celeb. They'd be respected more on the panel by the viewers than a former celeb contestant would be, even one of the winners.

Mind you, can you imagine if it was Frankie?! The clashes Karen and Jason used to have would be nothing compared to the ones Frankie and Jason would likely have! On the other hand, the producers would no doubt love that because of the publicity it would probably generate each time they argued :eek:
  • Options
    TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bring back Karen Kresge from series 1 she was fab
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's not a bad idea, but that's assuming she wants to come back. If I remember rightly, she had other commitments after series 1 so she may not be available now either. I wonder if Sandra Bezic from Battle of the Blades would be available and interested...
  • Options
    bendymixerbendymixer Posts: 18,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    someone hinted on twitter abut DOI going back to series one so maybe Kresge? though that hint could apply to Olga too who is skating with Keith cheggers
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,940
    Forum Member
    So glad it isn't true. I didn't used to mind her, but since winning DOI she seems to come across as being very full of herself. Can't stand her now.