whats the new changes when liberty takes over virgin media?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
Forum Member
whats the new changes when liberty global takes over virgin media?

Comments

• Ernie_CErnie_C Posts: 2,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess we'll find out IF the takeover happens.
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same strategy as now but more debt will be raised. Before, VM was starting to pay down its debt.
    Acquisition of VM will give Liberty the knowledge to roll-out mobile services in Europe so those businesses will probably see more change than the UK.
    Key thing will be a new CEO as Neil Berkett will step down when the takeover has happened and his replacement is bound to stamp their mark on things.
  • Harvey28Harvey28 Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    If Liberty follow the route they took when they 'invested' in London's post production industry back in 2001, they will 'rationalise' companies and departments and make a lot of people redundant. I'm speaking from personal experience.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Harvey28 wrote: »
    If Liberty follow the route they took when they 'invested' in London's post production industry back in 2001, they will 'rationalise' companies and departments and make a lot of people redundant. I'm speaking from personal experience.

sorry to hear that
  • 1andrew11andrew1 Posts: 4,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think VM's already done most or all of its rationalisation, merging the predecessor set-ups into one. (Virgin ADSL, Virgin Mobile, Telewest, NTL).
  • Harvey28Harvey28 Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    1andrew1 wrote: »
    I think VM's already done most or all of its rationalisation, merging the predecessor set-ups into one. (Virgin ADSL, Virgin Mobile, Telewest, NTL).

As another famous Yank said, "You ain't seen nuthin' yet."
    Forum Member
    As another famous Yank said, "You ain't seen nuthin' yet."

i bet..lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Rebrand it SKY CABLE maybe? as Liberty Media is the second largest share holder in News Corp behind the Murdoc family!! the owners of SKY
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2corney wrote: »
    Rebrand it SKY CABLE maybe? as Liberty Media is the second largest share holder in News Corp behind the Murdoc family!! the owners of SKY
    Maybe this throws a different light on that:
    The takeover renews rivalries between Liberty's John Malone and Rupert Murdoch, the chief executive of News Corp.

The billionaire unsettled Murdoch in 2004 by amassing a 17% stake in News Corp, challenging the Murdoch family's grip over the company.

The dispute was eventually ended after News Corp agreed to sell its stake in US satellite TV broadcaster DirecTV to Malone, who in turn offloaded his News Corp shares.

Malone has eyed a move into the UK for some time, and built up a 25% stake in Telewest before it merged with NTL. The group later joined with Virgin Communications to form Virgin Media.

He can now use Virgin Media and its ready-made customer base and considerable network assets to challenge the dominance of Murdoch's Sky in the lucrative UK market.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/media/news/a456658/sky-dominance-challenged-by-liberty-owned-virgin.html
    Forum Member

i hope it be SKY-CABLE COMMS

if it be sky cable?
    they will WILL HAVE TO EXPAND THE BANDWIDTH to get all the sd and hd and 3d channels sky tv has and alot more for future proof..plus plenty bandwidth for 4k and 8k ultra hd..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    wiki says they still have 16% of news corp after the 'deal'
    Forum Member
    wiki says they still have 16% of news corp after the 'deal'

ok,fair enough