Options

should I complain to Three?

18ch8818ch88 Posts: 14
Forum Member
I just got my new upgrade in from three. A lumia 925. Which some of you will know requires a micro sim card.
The phone came in yesterday and they have sent me a regular size sim.
When I phoned up they just kept insisting they have sent me a micro one and telling me how to insert it. Kinda making out I was just dumb.
I told them its definitely the wrong size and ive watched YouTube videos etc.

(Was hoping to post this all last night. But this morning I noticed on the sim they sent me, it's the wrong phone number printed on the card. Im keeping my number and have a text from them saying so.)

So they are sending me out a new on which takes 3-5 days.
So can i argue that im without a phone for then. (Well not really when i think about it, because they can tell right ? I would needed to have stopped using it.

This isnt all just to do with them sending me the wrong size sim. Im getting really fed up with them.
This is all on top of other problems, like choosing an actual handset in the first place due to their shocking low stock issues.
Also getting sent into town being told they had z1 compacts in stock and when I got in they didn't.

and just the general problems with three. (Very poor reception at times/ poor customer service etc .. dont know how many times in the past they have said they will phone me back regarding issues. Sales ? oh yes. Quick to phone then.)

So am I well within my rights to have a good moan at them and see if I can get some sort of 'compensation'/freebie etc
I have my wifes contract that i haven't yet renewed.

I had to pay £5.99 delivery for the handset which I wasn't to happy about.
It will come off my bill next month
Could i moan and get that took off?
Anything else? Technically ive bought something that doesn't work. Its like ive bought a car with no tyres. ..Ok, maybe not that bad.

Comments

• Options
    huwdwhuwdw Posts: 643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The different number on the SIM is nothing to worry about. Once your number is ported in it will be fine.

Do you have a Three store near you? They will replace the sim without having to wait.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    huwdw wrote: »
    The different number on the SIM is nothing to worry about. Once your number is ported in it will be fine.

Do you have a Three store near you? They will replace the sim without having to wait.

Thanks.

I dont no. It was something i inquired about, but she either didn't understand me or ignored it.
    I grudge it anyway after heading into town already being told the handset i wanted was in stock. That morning!
  • Options
    de525made525ma Posts: 874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    18ch88 wrote: »
    I just got my new upgrade in from three. A lumia 925. Which some of you will know requires a micro sim card.
    When I phoned up they just kept insisting they have sent me a micro one and telling me how to insert it. Kinda making out I was just dumb.

(Was hoping to post this all last night. But this morning I noticed on the sim they sent me, it's the wrong phone number printed on the card. Im keeping my number and have a text from them saying so.)

So can i argue that im without a phone for then. (Well not really when i think about it, because they can tell right ? I would needed to have stopped using it.

This isnt all just to do with them sending me the wrong size sim. Im getting really fed up with them.
    This is all on top of other problems, like choosing an actual handset in the first place due to their shocking low stock issues.
    Also getting sent into town being told they had z1 compacts in stock and when I got in they didn't.

and just the general problems with three. (Very poor reception at times/ poor customer service etc .. dont know how many times in the past they have said they will phone me back regarding issues. Sales ? oh yes. Quick to phone then.)

So am I well within my rights to have a good moan at them and see if I can get some sort of 'compensation'/freebie etc

Anything else? Technically ive bought something that doesn't work. Its like ive bought a car with no tyres. ..Ok, maybe not that bad.

Are you **absolutely sure** its not a combi-sim where you just press out the smaller size sim, near the chip? This is usually what three provide.

The phone number on your sim is your temporary three number until the number-port goes through.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    de525ma wrote: »
    Are you **absolutely sure** its not a combi-sim where you just press out the smaller size sim, near the chip? This is usually what three provide.

Identical to this one here.. http://www.fones.com/uploads/product/three-3-pay-as-you-go-mobile-broadband-sim-card-1gb-data-m-8719-1317732336.jpeg

The phone number on your sim is your temporary three number until the number-port goes through.

Cheers de525ma, im certain yes. Its identical to the sim ive had in my S2 for 2yrs. But thanks anyway, wasn't aware of that.

And you just reminded me or something else. How could i forget.
    The girl on the phone said yesterday.. ''you can cut the sim to fit'' :o
    This was after id told her for the 10th time that the sim was too big and before she eventually said they will send out a replacement.

I do hope she was referring to one of these combi sims and not suggesting people go take a scalpel or scissors to a sim. And are they even the same thickness.

But that was her words, word for word above.
  • Options
    Jack_Wilson2Jack_Wilson2 Posts: 2,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have my wifes contract that i haven't yet renewed.

'So they are sending me out a new on which takes 3-5 days.
    So can i argue that im without a phone for then.'

Think you're been to 'picky' and trying to get something for nothing for a mistake everyone makes mistakes.

Think the main question is has it been completely resolved? if yes what's the issue?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    'So they are sending me out a new on which takes 3-5 days.
    So can i argue that im without a phone for then.'

Think you're been to 'picky' and trying to get something for nothing for a mistake.

Yes i am and i have no problem admitting that lol.
    Like i said, this wasn't all because of them sending me a wrong sim. That was just the tip of the iceberg or the 'final'* straw if you will.

Ok yes im not going to leave them because a wrong sim got sent and tipped me over the edge. Ofc im not, i just feel im owed something. And im not that kind of person in life. I dont go around thinking everyone owes me something.
    But you always see tv programmes and hear people telling you not to take any shit etc. And yes try and sqeeze that little extra or make your ££ go a little further that's all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes i am and i have no problem denying that lol.
    Like i said, this wasn't all because of them sending me a wrong sim. That was just the tip of the iceberg or the 'final'* straw if you will.

Ok yes im not going to leave them because a wrong sim got sent and tipped me over the edge. Ofc im not, i just feel im owed something. And im not that kind of person in life. I dont go around thinking everyone owes me something.
    But you always see tv programmes and hear people telling you not to take any shit etc. And yes try and sqeeze that little extra or make your ££ go a little further that's all.

Lets face it everyone wants something for nothing.

You could give it a go I suppose they can only say no I guess.

Hey! I complained about the payment without direct debits £4 extra charge and they credited my account with £29 and a further £5 for one day without service. Probably because I wouldn't shut up, so yeah I got 2 months bills more a less paid for.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lets face it everyone wants something for nothing.

You could give it a go I suppose they can only say no I guess.

Hey! I complained about the payment without direct debits £4 extra charge and they credited my account with £29 and a further £5 for one day without service. Probably because I wouldn't shut up, so yeah I got 2 months bills more a less paid for.

Woot. Thats the shit im talking about lol
    Although im not expecting anything like that haha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Woot. Thats the shit im talking about lol
    Although im not expecting anything like that haha

http://i.imgur.com/PbF6dCe.png ;)
  • Options
    finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would have just cut the mini sim down to a micro sim and not even have thought about it. I have done that loads of times. Now I always ask for a nano sim and use adapters for mini and micro when needed - Three adapters are some of the best and you can get them instore for free. This should have been no more than a 1 minute inconvenience rather than 5 days without a phone,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    finbaar wrote: »
    I would have just cut the mini sim down to a micro sim and not even have thought about it. I have done that loads of times. Now I always ask for a nano sim and use adapters for mini and micro when needed - Three adapters are some of the best and you can get them instore for free. This should have been no more than a 1 minute inconvenience rather than 5 days without a phone,

Fair play to you but that could also go the other way and turn into 10+ days without a phone. I dont fancy cutting up a sim card to fit the 925.
    My old phone the s2 , where you can just slide the sim in and out under the metal clip and still see it, yes id probably give that a go.
    But with the 925 it goes into a compartment. Knowing my luck id cut it too short and without a snug fit it will be stuck in there or some shit.
    Il pass thanks.
    Christ i dont even know what i have now.. do i have a sim, a mini sim, a micro or a nano ?
  • Options
    alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    I do hope she was referring to one of these combi sims and not suggesting people go take a scalpel or scissors to a sim. And are they even the same thickness.

Why? It's easy to cut them down to size. Done it a few times now.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    alan1302 wrote: »
    Why? It's easy to cut them down to size. Done it a few times now.
    I just dont see why we should need to 'mod' a sim card.
  • Options
    alan1302alan1302 Posts: 6,336
    Forum Member
    I just dont see why I should need to 'mod' a sim card.

You don't - you just have to wait for a new one.

But if you didn't want to wait you could just cut it down - you are not happy about having to wait but not willing to cut it down either so not helping yourself.
  • Options
    SebastianJackSebastianJack Posts: 58
    Forum Member
    Sounds like a simple mistake to me... and it happened to me a few days ago, when I bought the HTC One (M8) from the Three Store in my town, along with a £15 PAYG starter SIM.

Unfortunately they give me a standard size SIM instead of a Nano-SIM. At the time I didn't even know there was such a thing as Nano-SIMs, so I spent a good hour puzzled why it wouldn't fit:(. On the M8 there are two pop-out trays... one for the SD card, and one for the SIM, and the instructions are not exactly clear about which one is for which 'card'. In the end I just went back to the store, and they swapped the regular SIM for a Nano-SIM, and they even fitted it for me... the HTC One (M8) is an amazing handset, but the pop-out trays are incredibly fiddly.

Personally, I wouldn't bother trying to 'snip' your SIM down to size... if you get it wrong, you could damage the SIM and possibly the handset, and they might then not swap the SIM. I'd just wait the five days or so for your replacement SIM to arrive. A pain in the elbow, I know... but sometimes patience is it's own reward. Good luck anyway.
  • Options
    natbikenatbike Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I wouldn't bother trying to 'snip' your SIM down to size... if you get it wrong, you could damage the SIM and possibly the handset, and they might then not swap the SIM.
    Yes, they will still swap the SIM, you have nothing to lose.
    No, you are very unlikely to damage the handset (unless you hammer it in).
    Use the following link and a child (with adult supervision) could do it...
    http://www.thechinacellphone.com/micro_sim_template.pdf
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SebastianJack/natbike, thanks for the replies... but ..

Update. So my old phone/sim stopped working last night. I phoned them today and it has been deactivated because i have my new sim. .. Well no, i dont yet.

They said it should be here today before 6 'oc,
    I complained and said that isnt good enough. I need my phone as i work as a part time photographer and need to speak to clients this afternoon and i will be driving/on the road so my landline wont be an option.

I made my way onto the complaints department and spoke with a manager. all he could suggest was head into town and get one fitted there and then. I explained i had already went into town to one of their stores for a wasted journey last week etc etc

So they said they would credit my account with £15. {i said town was 15 miles away.. and he misunderstood me and thought i meant it would cost 15 pounds to get in there.}

On top of that they said they will credit me another £10 good will.
    When asked if there was anything else they could do i thought stuff it it, .. yes there is.
    I said i wasn't happy about paying the original delivery charge of my new handset and they have credited me with the cost of that too.

So all in they have compensated me with £30.

Back of the net! :p