Options

If you think it's fixed then don't bother watching next year

xKatieLxxKatieLx Posts: 4,400
Forum Member
✭✭✭
We all know how fixed this series has been........

Last night's sing off.
Katie always getting saved despite giving up in the singoff.

I can understand watching till the end of this series if one of your favourites is still in. But my question is are any of the people who said it's fixed going to tune in next year? I certainly won't be.

Comments

• Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped watching when Aiden left. I watched the start of the results show last night until Glee had performed then switched off.

Been keeping up with Matt on Youtube, and the gossip on here and in the paper.
  • Options
    astoundedastounded Posts: 2,047
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I won't be. Not a chance. It's reached a stage where it reflects negatively on people if they continue to watch it. I'll watch the final performances this year on youtube, where there are no ads so no income for cowell.
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think despite still getting a large amount of viewers - most people will have been put off the show. I know a lot of friends who adore the show; who have stopped watching this year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kyri wrote: »
    I think despite still getting a large amount of viewers - most people will have been put off the show. I know a lot of friends who adore the show; who have stopped watching this year.

Yep, there is not a chance in hell that next years ratings will beat this years.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    astounded wrote: »
    Yep, there is not a chance in hell that next years ratings will beat this years.

People said that last year.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    No, I won't watch. For a start it takes up too much of my time once you start watching every Saturday and every Sunday when the live finals begin. Primarily I feel like an idiot for watching such trash so I'm going to do myself a favour and not even start watching it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Willz wrote: »
    People said that last year.

I don't care what people said last year, because I'm talking about next year, based on observationsfrom this year, and the current popularity of the show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2007 series passed me by completely so it won't be a great hardship if I decide not to tune in.

It's spun out too long these days anyway. 7 hours on a Saturday night and another 5 on a Sunday. A few weeks I've only had time to youtube my favourites or anyone that has been car crash according to you guys on here.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 41
    Forum Member
    I can't even bear to watch the final next weekend. I'll watch Matt and Rebecca's performances on Youtube then I'm done with it for good.
    It might be a big effort but it's important not to watch a single second of it, otherwise it's too easy to get sucked in. I did the same with Big Brother 3 or 4 yrs ago - avoided it at all costs, didn't watch a single show or read about it in the papers, and certainly didn't feel like I missed out.
    No way I'll be watching US XF either if it's going to be a re-run of the Simon and Cheryl show.
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will never happen, but the only viable protest is for everyone to refuse to vote.

Seeing as $imon Cowell & those that carry his jockstrap don't really care about what the public wants, why bother to vote?
  • Options
    Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with the top 4 and also liked Katie, so I'll be watching.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's never going to happen, but I'd love it if no-one bothered voting on next week's finale. Best way to pull the rug out from under Simon at the last moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14
    Forum Member
    It's the first one I watched and it is the last one I will ever watch. Frankly I am disgusted with myself for watching such trash :( Simon and Cheryl put me right off.

Only other 'reality' show I have watched (every series) and will continue to watch is The Apprentice. :)
  • Options
    wkdstepmotherwkdstepmother Posts: 6,563
    Forum Member
    This is the only reality show I watch other than the ALW ones and this year is the first time I have really followed it. I will not watch it again after the final this year - and I'm only watching that because of Matt - if he goes out Saturday I won't watch on Sunday
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's the first one I watched and it is the last one I will ever watch. Frankly I am disgusted with myself for watching such trash :( Simon and Cheryl put me right off.

Only other 'reality' show I have watched (every series) and will continue to watch is The Apprentice. :)

I feel similiar. That I watch this shit doesn't speak well of me, so I'm calling it a day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,699
    Forum Member
    Watched every show last year

This year not so much....
  • Options
    kitten12kitten12 Posts: 3,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always watch on Sky+ anyway. By the time you have eliminated the ads, the OTT introductions to the judges, contestants et al, Dermot's cringeworthy "chats" with the acts you get 1.30 of performance and about 2 mins of judges comments - that takes no more than about 15 minutes for a 2 hr programme. No time at all!:cool:
  • Options
    Syntax ErrorSyntax Error Posts: 27,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kitten12 wrote: »
    I always watch on Sky+ anyway. By the time you have eliminated the ads, the OTT introductions to the judges, contestants et al, Dermot's cringeworthy "chats" with the acts you get 1.30 of performance and about 2 mins of judges comments - that takes no more than about 15 minutes for a 2 hr programme. No time at all!:cool:

LOL.

That's the way to do it.:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wrong thread
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    I will try but those dam auditions draw us in so easily!
  • Options
    George7George7 Posts: 840
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I almost certainly won't bother with it next year. I'll probably watch the final this year though, just to see what dirty tricks they pull to round this series off nicely on a real low - if it can go any lower.
  • Options
    The Steel FlippThe Steel Flipp Posts: 4,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest I really don't know if I will watch it next year or not as its a long way off and memories can be short. (I am talking about me here no one else) I normally avoid the auditions til the judges houses then I make a decision. I will watch the final as I have stuck with it for all the live shows but I haven't voted yet and probably won't as it has been a complete farce unless someone plays an utter blinder which I very much doubt.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    xKatieLx wrote: »
    We all know how fixed this series has been........

Last night's sing off.
    Katie always getting saved despite giving up in the singoff.

I can understand watching till the end of this series if one of your favourites is still in. But my question is are any of the people who said it's fixed going to tune in next year? I certainly won't be.

Yup, watching til the end due to Matt and Rebecca, but next year... I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.
  • Options
    philster1972philster1972 Posts: 156
    Forum Member
    Well I've watched X Factor from day 1, year one and seen lots of contraversy, manipulation, fixing, whatever you want to call it but it hasn't until now become a major issue. We know they manipulate the results but they did mislead the public at the weekend totally because their psycological tricks haven't worked so they did this and did they think the public wouldn't react...

Anyway, after this, I will never watch X Factor again even the final because there is no one in I'm bothered about winning. It will also be the last time I vote on these stupid shows. I urge everyone who agrees with me and others not to watch or vote. It will hurt Simon Conwell! Let's get this corruption out.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Certainly won't be wasting my time watching next year. In fact, the only reason I'll even watch the final is as an excuse to crack open the bottle of (non-alcoholic) champers and celebrate the end of this car crash sh*te in my life!