FOX auto retune

Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I cam home this evening to find that my HDR-FOX T2 had done a retune, losing all my reservations. Is there a way to stop it from doing this until I ask it to?

Comments

• Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have the custom firmware installed then install the disable-dso package. This will delete the hidden schedule event that triggers a retune to be enforced. The hedden schedule event is loaded on to your HDR-FOX T2 in advance of the publicised retune dates and so you could manually delete the event through the custom firmware’s web interface view of the schedule which does not hide these events. But if you did this manually there is nothing to stop the HDR-FOX T2 setting it up again.

What the HDR-FOX T2 does on all but the oldest software versions is to display a pop-up asking if you want to retune now or later. If you don’t select 'Later' within three(?) minutes it defaults to ‘Now’.

Your HDR-FOX tuning while you were out suggest that it was switched on at some point between 15:30 and when you went to use it after you came home. You may have left it on, there may be a programme reminder that you set, or you may be using the power on/down option, or you may have switched it on when you came home but didn’t check the screen for a few minutes.

Some of the old software (e.g. 1.0.2.20) asks whether you want to retune and defaults to 'No'. If you were prepared to put up with the restrictions of that version then installing 1.02.20 would also stop this happening again unless there was an OTA followed by another retune day.

Hopefully Humax will be flooded with complaints about the pop-up defaut for both the HDR-FOX T2 and the HDR-2000T.
  • DSmanDSman Posts: 1,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was caught out as well.
    I sat down with notebook in hand ready to jot down all my reservations before I do the retune only to find I had none!!
  • Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the reply Luis. I've no idea when the update happened. There was a reservation due when I was out which failed.
  • JezRJezR Posts: 1,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was away yesterday - come back to find that the HDR-FOX T2 had done a retune by itself - but had no channels stored, let alone any reservations.
  • Bob1942Bob1942 Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Retune was available from Wednesday afternoon according to a popup on my TV
  • Alan WhiteAlan White Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Luis Essex wrote: »
    Hopefully Humax will be flooded with complaints about the pop-up defaut for both the HDR-FOX T2 and the HDR-2000T.
    They'll certainly be receiving mine. Not only did I lose the recording schedule but my 2000T even interrupted a recording to do the retune :(. I find it unbelievable that a company could think this is an appropriate thing to do.

Also discussed here.
  • Luis EssexLuis Essex Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max Demian wrote: »
    I cam home this evening to find that my HDR-FOX T2 had done a retune, losing all my reservations. Is there a way to stop it from doing this until I ask it to?
    Next change of this happening is 1st Ocober after 4pm, when it first comes out of standby.
    Both my plugged in HDR-FOX-T2s now have a hidden auto retune event in their schedule. I presume my HDR-2000T and HD-FOX T2s are the same.

Thanks to prpr on hummy.tv for flagging the scheduled event earlier this morning.
    prpr wrote:
    I see there's another DSO event scheduled for 1st Oct. at 16:00
    http://hummy.tv/forum/threads/another-dso-event.5400/page-3#post-71438