£108m for Courtney Love?

Comments

• ginockginock Posts: 1,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still don't understand why she even got anything with regards to music. If it was in the will that is one thing but if it was simply because she was married to Kurt then that is stupid. She had no input into the music she makes me so mad :mad:. She was the one who released the best of album without the consent of Kris or Dave and now she moans about it...

The thing I love is that she is changing her name as she does not wish to be associated with Kurt Cobain, can someone please explain to her again that no-one cares about her and the only reason she got to where she is is because if being married to Kurt. No-one would care about her otherwise...
  • ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ginock wrote: »
    can someone please explain to her again that no-one cares about her and the only reason she got to where she is is because if being married to Kurt. No-one would care about her otherwise...

She was making music before she met him. He had nothing to do with her music and she has continued to release music since he died. If anything, its his deluded fans who insist on not letting go. Shes allowed to move on. If nobody cared about her, Hole wouldnt have been one of the biggest rock bands of the 90s. I think Kurt would be turning in his grave if he could see how moronic his hardcore fans can be.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,219
    Forum Member
    I still don't understand why she even got anything with regards to music.

I assume he left it to her.
    I'm not sure how the law works in the States, but even if someone dies intestate, everything goes to their named next of kin. Assuming again, this looks to have been Courtney. There is a case for suggesting that their daughter Frances should have inherited, but we don't know the ins and outs of the will, and whether it took her into account.

I don't often say this about musicians, but Courtney really does need to shut up and go and sort herself out quietly. Her recent interviews are quite painful to read.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohirome wrote: »
    Shes allowed to move on. If nobody cared about her, Hole wouldnt have been one of the biggest rock bands of the 90s. I think Kurt would be turning in his grave if he could see how moronic his hardcore fans can be.

I agree, she is allowed to move on, but why now? Why not ten years ago if she hated the attention and the comments for so long? And if she really didn't want to have anything attached why was she such a driving force behind the best of album?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And if she really didn't want to have anything attached why was she such a driving force behind the best of album?

Not to mention selling off her dead husbands journals... classy.
  • Arcane2Arcane2 Posts: 13,409
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's worth a whole lotta drugs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, she is allowed to move on, but why now? Why not ten years ago if she hated the attention and the comments for so long? And if she really didn't want to have anything attached why was she such a driving force behind the best of album?

I mean shes allowed to move on in that she cant play the mourning widow forever. She has a kid with the man and she was his wife. 'Normal' couples have entitlements and so she is entitled her hers as well.
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I still don't understand why she even got anything with regards to music. If it was in the will that is one thing but if it was simply because she was married to Kurt then that is stupid. She had no input into the music she makes me so mad :mad:. She was the one who released the best of album without the consent of Kris or Dave and now she moans about it...

The thing I love is that she is changing her name as she does not wish to be associated with Kurt Cobain, can someone please explain to her again that no-one cares about her and the only reason she got to where she is is because if being married to Kurt. No-one would care about her otherwise...

Who would you suggest should inherit it? She was his next of kin so presuming there wasn't a will then she would get everything.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who would you suggest should inherit it? She was his next of kin so presuming there wasn't a will then she would get everything.

Inherting the money is one thing, but it's how she handeled the majority share because she was married to Kurt. From what I remember the remaining members of the band and Love were in a agreement that any material released after his death would have to be decided between all three and if they didn't all agree it wouldn't happen but Love then decided this wasn't fair as she was married to Kurt. She can't say she doesn't like being associated with Kurt when she did for so long is all I am saying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Inherting the money is one thing, but it's how she handeled the majority share because she was married to Kurt. From what I remember the remaining members of the band and Love were in a agreement that any material released after his death would have to be decided between all three and if they didn't all agree it wouldn't happen but Love then decided this wasn't fair as she was married to Kurt. She can't say she doesn't like being associated with Kurt when she did for so long is all I am saying.

I very very much doubt she doesnt want to be associated with him - I believe she still very much misses him - however as I said before, I think she is sick of having to constantly answer the same questions about how she felt when he died, how shes coped etc etc. It was a very long time ago.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ohirome wrote: »
    I very very much doubt she doesnt want to be associated with him - I believe she still very much misses him - however as I said before, I think she is sick of having to constantly answer the same questions about how she felt when he died, how shes coped etc etc. It was a very long time ago.

To be fair you are probably right and I may have been a bit OTT on this, its just one of my bug bares when celebs play off something and then complain when they no longer like it.
  • grabbigrabbi Posts: 5,428
    Forum Member
    I just wish Grohl would take the rights. He wouldn't tarnish it like she has...