Options

Goodreads

13»

Comments

• Options
    InsideSoapInsideSoap Posts: 5,981
    Forum Member
    poppycat wrote: »
    What was it that actually happened, with the 'broken' books and Amazon? I keep seeing it being mentioned on GR but don't really understand what went on.

I also hope for Kindle integration but overall I'm not that thrilled about it all. I like the neutrality of GR, and even as 'fan' of Amazon and a Kindle user, I do feel it might be a bad thing for those who use other e-readers and I think we're going to get alot of Amazon related stuff shoved down our throats.

Yeah I definitely think there will be 'Buy from Amazon' links on all the books that they do sell. I just hope they don't monitor reviews and comments the way they do on their website (ie. deleting ones they don't agree with). Although Amazon have bought companies in the past and pretty much just left them to it. So you have to wonder how they (Amazon) will profit from the purchase other than simply linking to their site.

How much did they pay for the site does anyone know?

And - I think - the data thing was if a book on GR got its data or images from Amazon then the book in question was at risk of being deleted from GR unless a librarian fixed it. I think there were hundreds, maybe thousands that needed fixing. So it must be a kick in the teeth for the librarians to now be able to use Amazon's data after all...
  • Options
    GenyGeny Posts: 136
    Forum Member
    I'd love to connect with fellow authors and readers! :)

Clickie
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,145
    Forum Member
    this is me - I'm not sure if I'd put it on here before - but anyway! I review YA on a blog too - so follow me on GR to find the various links.

http://www.goodreads.com/GeorginaMartin
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5
    Forum Member
    I am on Goodreads if anyone would like to be friends: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/11900153-jenny-pugh