The DS Eurovision General Discussion Thread (Part 48)

Comments

• BigBmadBigBmad Posts: 18,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Moving on from Bonnie for the moment.....

Looks like Esma isn't overjoyed by the new version of the Macedonian song as she is quoted as saying.

"I have no comments about the song. I did what was asked and expected of me, which was going to the studio for new recordings. I have no more comments"

oh dear.

Aww poor Esma, I can't listen to the song now without seeing Jabba :(
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moving on from Bonnie for the moment.....

Looks like Esma isn't overjoyed by the new version of the Macedonian song as she is quoted as saying.

"I have no comments about the song. I did what was asked and expected of me, which was going to the studio for new recordings. I have no more comments"

oh dear.

I'm gutted they're changing the whole thigh too, poor Esma indeed although like Maddy I can't listen without seeing Jabba too

Aww both video's have gone :(
  • Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,490
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jumping the gun slightly, but unless someone has an earlier post, I'm claiming the DS psychic award for this year.........

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=62585431&postcount=3122

:sleep:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,382
    Forum Member
    Daniel Hinchliffe ‏@danhinchliffe
    Big UK Eurovision News at 8am tomorrow

This guy runs this agency: http://www.soundcheckentertainment.co.uk/ and their banner talks about Petula Clark's new album.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait to wake up in the morning to see if its Petula or Bonnie....sad after The Hump failed they decided to use the same formula
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look who's name is in the publicity section

"JOHN BARROWMAN!!!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To me it seems like a two horse race between Petula and Bonnie now, with Petula being the favourite after that announcement. Would also link back to Norton telling the truth.
  • EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know where I stand on Bonnie.

I like the sound of the songs on her new album, but I don't think her voice is up to much anymore.

Would the BBC not want first dips on the song though, not have it out there unofficially out there? (Believe In Me doesn't sound the strongest on the album, either :()

My gut feeling is she's a terrible choice : she's the type of singer you'd expect to see on afternoon TV shows like Titchmarsh, as a relic from the past.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,493
    Forum Member
    BBC sure know how to treat their fans, right?!

If it is Petula, our last two acts will have a combined age of over 150 :(
    Forum Member
    That person represents Petula, Kerry Ellis (ties in with a Voice act), Dolly Parton (gay icon with a ballad?!), Celine Dion (Eurovision comeback?) and Steps (just no)
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    My gut feeling is she's a terrible choice : she's the type of singer you'd expect to see on afternoon TV shows like Titchmarsh, as a relic from the past.

BT would be a terrible choice. But Petula Clark would be even worse. And the tweet from her PR company suggest it's her.
  • vauxhall1964vauxhall1964 Posts: 10,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Can't wait to wake up in the morning to see if its Petula or Bonnie....sad after The Hump failed they decided to use the same formula

When I wake up I want to find this last hour has been a bad dream but I won't.
    Forum Member
    I honestly believe the BBC have no interest in winning.

They practically had an open goal this year, too. All I want is a singer in their prime.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly believe the BBC have no interest in winning.

They practically had an open goal this year, too. All I want is a singer in their prime.

All they care about is TV ratings on the night....they want a "name" to pull in the viewers.
  • Cestrian18Cestrian18 Posts: 6,855
    Forum Member
    Ok, so I've lost all hope now, I think even Bonnie would have been good compared to Petula friggin Clark, I mean its the 60s anymore, it just won't wash with Europe and I just hope its all one big hoax and 8am comes and goes-Goddam the BBC if this is the best they can do, hell an unknown would be better!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All they care about is TV ratings on the night....they want a "name" to pull in the viewers.

Yeah but if we were hot favourite to win I'm sure viewing figures would sky rocket.
    Forum Member

I can't wait to see who Katie Taylor vetoed to get these ratings.

I honestly believe a chimp could do a better job than herself. It's my dream job, BBC, give it to me! I'll do it for half her wage and won't be bothering about Strictly/ The Voice whilst I'm doing it!

Nice article about Eurovision in Heat, too

http://www.heatworld.com/Entertainment/Music/2013/02/Comedian-David-Morgan-explains-why-we-should-take-Eurovision-seriously-this-year/#image-2
    Forum Member
    It's perfectly in line for them rushing it forward for the Big Chat tomorrow night as well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's definitely Bonnie Tyler :eek: Daily Mail are reporting it and even have quotes from her....reported song title is correct too.
    Forum Member
    I refuse to visit MailOnline- what's it saying?!

Oh my Christ we've got Believe In Me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't wait to see who Katie Taylor vetoed to get these ratings.

I honestly believe a chimp could do a better job than herself. It's my dream job, BBC, give it to me! I'll do it for half her wage and won't be bothering about Strictly/ The Voice whilst I'm doing it!

Nice article about Eurovision in Heat, too

http://www.heatworld.com/Entertainment/Music/2013/02/Comedian-David-Morgan-explains-why-we-should-take-Eurovision-seriously-this-year/#image-2

Whilst people mention Katie Taylor all the time, I am sure there are a lot more people making decisions apart from her. Not sticking up for the lady but it probably ain't her coming up with these names. She probably doesn't give a damn and just agrees
    Forum Member
    BigBmad wrote: »
    Whilst people mention Katie Taylor all the time, I am sure there are a lot more people making decisions apart from her. Not sticking up for the lady but it probably ain't her coming up with these names. She probably doesn't give a damn and just agrees

But she's our head of delegation. She should be the most involved person in the country and be the driving force behind every decision made.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's definitely Bonnie Tyler :eek: Daily Mail are reporting it and even have quotes from her....reported song title is correct too.

The DM say nothing different to the Mirror and the quotes do not concern the article or eurovision at all
    Forum Member
    "Tyler, whose husky voice has led to her being described as ‘the female Rod Stewart’, said: ‘It is an honour to represent my country and is also a wonderful way to ensure that my song Believe in Me reaches the widest possible audience.

‘It is a very strong, catchy and melodic song that appeals to a wide range of people. Desmond Child partially wrote this song at the dinner table at his house in Nashville whilst we were all eating together.’"
This discussion has been closed.