Options

Jack White Gets A Restraining Order.

donna255donna255 Posts: 10,177
Forum Member
✭✭
Karen Elson Gets Restraining Order Against Jack White

White has been barred "any contact" with his ex after a pattern of "bullying," Elson claimed in court papers.

Karen Elson, Jack White's ex, has received a restraining order against him, according to Nashville City Paper.

The site reports the court papers claim the rocker has a violent temper and has harassed Elson over email and text messages.

"This pattern of husband’s bullying wife into submission was a contributing factor in the demise of their marriage," the restraining order reportedly claims.

White has been barred from "any contact with wife whatsoever except as it relates to parenting time with the parties’ minor children," with an Aug. 29 court date to deal with parenting issues.

Among other concerns, White reportedly requested Elson pull their children, Scarlet and Henry Lee, from a private school class they shared with the children of an artist who had "ripped off" his music -- an assertion also applied when Elson attended another musician's wedding. The musicians were reportedly not named in the order.

In 2011, after six years of marriage, White and Elson announced their divorce with a party for friends and family. It appears their split remains in the settlement process: "I'm not extending this anymore. And we're not getting lawyers involved to rip me off," he wrote in an email cited in the restraining order.

Comments

• Options
    gregsanisongregsanison Posts: 648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks like Jack White has been on the Jack Daniels!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    SunnyMcSunnySunnyMcSunny Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I'll be honest I'm a massive fan of Jack White - but after looking at the personal emails on TMZ I'm feeling very sorry for the guy.

I feel bad for even posting such personal emails, but they are already in the public domain and they do paint a less biased picture than all the reports I've seen so far implying he's violent. He just seems frustrated at being messed about to me.

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0802_white_2.pdf
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    He sounds very paranoid from what I read.
  • Options
    SunnyMcSunnySunnyMcSunny Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    Just sounds like he wants to complete the divorce (after TWO YEARS) and is sick of being messed around.

Also sounds like he has a healthy disregard for divorce lawyers - and who can blame him?

They've come out with a load of hyperbolic stories, alleging he's violent, threatening and has made derogatory comments about his wife. In reality, judging by the emails, all he did was express frustration and sadness that she keeps changing her mind and letting the lawyers manipulate her.

This is really sad, I am a fan of both Jack and Karen, she's a really underrated singer in my opinion. They always seemed to get on pretty well and co-parent in a friendly manner up until now. Of course no one ever knows what goes on behind the scenes, but this stinks of lawyer interference to me :(