Options

IS executes 150 women who refuse to marry militants

Comments

• Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Namira wrote: »
    Why did they execute them? Even some non extremist Muslims don't seem to let a little thing like a woman's consent stand in the way of marriage so why would IS?
    As Sunni Muslims perhaps they had to give their consent to marriage, under their 'rules', whereas non Sunni Muslims did not?
  • Options
    GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    I wonder how many people have actually read about his 'perfect life'.

If that's perfection I thank Azathoth that I am a very flawed human being.

Warlord, rapist, mass murderer, paedophile. And we wonder why he inspires groups like IS :(
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I don't know why the world hasn't got its **** together in the name of our species and sorted these sub-human creatures out.
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    Following a link in the O/P article:

"Question 13: Is it permissible to have intercourse with a female slave who has not reached puberty?

"It is permissible to have intercourse with the female slave who hasn't reached puberty if she is fit for intercourse; however if she is not fit for intercourse, then it is enough to enjoy her without intercourse."

Speechless. This is prehistoric stuff really, the kind of behaviour we see in the animal kingdom. Probably worse.
  • Options
    barbelerbarbeler Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think normal Muslims could be deeply affected by this and begin to wonder what on earth their religion has actually created. Perhaps it's time them to think about disowning the medieval interpretation and find a new path to follow.
  • Options
    dorydaryldorydaryl Posts: 15,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Under Soul wrote: »
    It's horrible but not exactly surprising knowing who we are dealing with. The very sad thing is the large number of women (albeit not as many as men) who join ISIS and support this behind their burkas. I read an article about how women staff these brothels and also report on other women who aren't acting "Islamic enough".

Maybe one day the violence will be over but the observers and rape victims who survive will have horrid lives that no amount of counselling can cure.

I wonder if some of these women are becoming perpetrators because it's the only way they believe they can survive- ally yourself with the oppressors or be at their total mercy. Of course there will be a proportion of them who enjoy the power, violence and control; some will be so indoctrinated/ brainwashed that they cannot think outside of what surrounds them. What do they do? Become subservient and 'on the receiving end' or subscribe to the dominant viewpoint in the hope that you have a modicum of control and that somehow you won't be targeted for abuse and worse? In some ways, they are victims whatever path they take.
  • Options
    phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »

"Question 13: Is it permissible to have intercourse with a female slave who has not reached puberty?

"It is permissible to have intercourse with the female slave who hasn't reached puberty if she is fit for intercourse; however if she is not fit for intercourse, then it is enough to enjoy her without intercourse."

Speechless. This is prehistoric stuff really, the kind of behaviour we see in the animal kingdom. Probably worse.

Worse.

Animals are...well, animals. They wouldn't be seeking justification for doing things.
  • Options
    phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    barbeler wrote: »
    I think normal Muslims could be deeply affected by this and begin to wonder what on earth their religion has actually created. Perhaps it's time them to think about disowning the medieval interpretation and find a new path to follow.

I'm not sure that's truly enough now - not in Iraq/Syria. Maybe for other Muslim communities around the world....but for the IS Caliphate itself? Put it this way...

If you don't convert and join them when IS arrives - you die; adult or child...you die. If you don't marry them - you die....

If you don't want to convert, or marry them, or become a perpetrator...you take to your heels and get the hell out of Dodge.

Ergo - how many people INSIDE the so-called Caliphate are now truly "innocent"...? :o

Hand the problem over to the Strategic Air Command.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    They killed Muslim women?

They'd probably say that any woman who isn't prepared to marry an upstanding jihadi isn't a "real muslim" at all.

I guess the whole "If you don't believe the same stuff as me then you don't count" thing probably helps them sleep at night.
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    Warlord, rapist, mass murderer, paedophile. And we wonder why he inspires groups like IS :(

Yeah, not exactly my idea of perfection either. Maybe it depends on your frame of reference :confused:
  • Options
    reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    I think it worth noticing that the publisher of this story appears to very much doubt its authenticity. First of all they include the word claim in the headline

Isis 'executes scores of women for refusing to marry militants', Iraq ministry claims

Then they attribute the quote to a news agency "according to the Anadolu Agency."

And then lower down they include a paragraph

However, while Isis has been regularly exposed as spreading misinformation, there are also increasing concerns by some experts that those against the militant group are increasingly spreading misinformation in a bid to undermine it.

and follow with an example:
    One example of this was a document purporting to show the prices placed on the heads of captured Yazidi and Christian girls being sold at a slave market by Isis.

This was dismissed by an expert as most likely fake because of one key discrepancy in the top right hand corner - it refers to Isis as the Islamic State of Iraq, not as just the Islamic State or Islamic caliphate.

And then they put a final nail in the coffin with:

The Independent is attempting to verify the reports.

Sounds very much like wartime propaganda
  • Options
    reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    There was a lot of this propaganda with syria. The media would constantly take information like the number of dead from a one-man outfit operated out of a london flat who got his information from monitoring twitter and would report the numbers and news as if it was true and not propaganda. They would use the name "syrian observatory" or something like that but then the newspaper would fail to mention the nature of the syrian observatory being based in london run by one man following twitter. Funny thing was once these figures had been in print they became de-facto truth.

Also what is quite interesting is that during that time america or uk (dont remember which) taught the rebels (ISIS) how to use the internet and in particular twitter as a tool to mobilise people and as a tool of propaganda. So when you see ISIS using twitter as a tool to mobilise people and as a tool of propaganda now you know who to thank
  • Options
    MAWMAW Posts: 38,777
    Forum Member
    Sounds just like other extreme religious groups to me. It's all too believable.As I said earlier, it wouldn't be a first.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    reglip wrote: »
    I think it worth noticing that the publisher of this story appears to very much doubt its authenticity. First of all they include the word claim in the headline

Isis 'executes scores of women for refusing to marry militants', Iraq ministry claims

Then they attribute the quote to a news agency "according to the Anadolu Agency."

And then lower down they include a paragraph

and follow with an example:

And then they put a final nail in the coffin with:

The Independent is attempting to verify the reports.

Gotta say, after the result of the Al Sweady enquiry, I have limited interest in claims made by Iraqi authorities.
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Electra wrote: »
    Yeah, not exactly my idea of perfection either. Maybe it depends on your frame of reference :confused:

Over 1.6 billion people think that the bloke was perfection on earth.

However I doubt many really ponder deeply about his life - they just block out the bad or distasteful parts - human beings are very good at that indeed.

Organised religion - simply wonderful. :(
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There are few other sources than Iraq gov or IS as to what goes on in Iraq as it is deemed too dangerous for journalists to go into, especially in Anbar province. There is little doubt that many men from the Sunni tribes who fought against IS have been massacred, if the women initially survived presumably IS would attempt to take them as wives, but could not enslave, or perhaps do so without their consent, being Sunnis.
  • Options
    jediknight2k1jediknight2k1 Posts: 6,892
    Forum Member

It has been reported by Yazidi that men who didn't convert to Islam were killed and the the women were taken as prisoners to sold or used as slaves, the survivors have they will give evidence to the ICC. It has already been reported that most of the women killed were Yazidi so I don't doubt its authenticity.

Last month IS killed a male news Iraqi journalist because he refused to cooperate and weeks before they publicly executed a female Iraqi journalist who spoke out about their treatment of women. So events like it are happening on a weekly basis.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sadly I can't see this happening. Even the more enlightened Muslims who join in on this forum will insist that none of this murderous barbarism has anything to do with Islam.

Until they recognise that they are happy to live under the same umbrella as the barbarians who commit these terrible act in the name of Islam, there is little hope of change.

I often wonder if members of the Nazi Party were happy to admit to belonging after they found out just HOW barbarous their regime really was. The sad thing is, all the 'moderate' Muslims living today know exactly how barbarous other members of their religion are, but are still happy to be part of it.
  • Options
    Deep PurpleDeep Purple Posts: 63,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Their policy seems to be, "kill anyone who doesn't agree with us", and that includes other muslims more than anyone else, because they are more readily available to kill.

There is no answer to them, other than to completely destroy them, which is impossible.

What really sickens me is the home grown nutters who go to join them, claiming it is because of what the west do to "their brothers". They don't seem to care when it is muslims killing other muslims, which is ongoing all the time.
  • Options
    SemieroticSemierotic Posts: 11,132
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The more I hear about IS, the less I care for them.
  • Options
    Under SoulUnder Soul Posts: 2,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There is no answer to them, other than to completely destroy them, which is impossible.

Good news is that a lot of them are getting killed daily by US airstrikes/Kurds and Iraqi and Syrian armies - it seems a good number of these ISIS members only get a year or two max in their wonderful caliphate.
  • Options
    Red NovemberRed November Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d'@ve wrote: »

Sounds like that might have come from their 'how to rape a child' guide:

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/world_news/Middle_East/article1495719.ece
  • Options
    MidnightFalconMidnightFalcon Posts: 15,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So these women that they killed believed in the same Quran & prophet?

They believed in the version that hadn't been perverted to suit the barbarity and animal lusts of their killers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They killed Muslim women?

I wonder if `Allah` is proud of them ?:blush:
  • Options
    bspacebspace Posts: 14,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

they sure need something similar to a reformation and an age of enlightenment for a start.