Options

Sky 1TB box - upgrade advice

Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
Forum Member
Firstly, let me apologise for the potential basic nature of the enquiry. I'm an old fashioned analogue man and reading around the topic has made me wary of "kill" instructions sent to Sky boxes / viewing cards.

I have a multiroom subscription with an old Sky + box in one room and a "standard" HD box in another - although I do not have any HD subscription. The HD box was bought, purely for its greater storage capacity.

I've been pretty impressed with some of the FTV HD channels and am thinking of taking out an HD Subscription. Talking to Sky, If I addan HD subscription I can get a 1TB box as an existing customer for £49 which appeals as no doubt I'll be recording programmes in HD.

Here's the situation. Can I move my existing HD box to the other room, with its already paired card and retire the Sky + box. When the new 1TB box arrives (though not ordered yet) it will go where the other HD box went. Will it be supplied with a new card - or perhaps the old one from the Sky+ box which Sky upgrade?

I'm hoping to do a self install (even I understand the concept of plugging in cables) when Sky switch on HD will I have an HD service on both boxes - or will one only have free to air channels.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    If you have multiroom, you will receive exactly the same channels on both boxes, SD and HD.
    You won't need a replacement card, the one in your SD Sky+ box will go in the new box and once it's paired to the new box will work fine.
    As long as you keep the cards in the boxes that go with them it doesn't matter at all where they are in the house, you can swap them over at will.
    :)
  • Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Brilliant, Dave

Thanks for the reply.