david haye is coming across well

DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,017
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
He seems a decent bloke cares about his team and is generally doing this with a smile on his face

Comments

• turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^this, Mrs Turquoise Blue say's he's well fit as well.
  • deadbeat herodeadbeat hero Posts: 739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I'm really glad David has decided to do a spot of reality TV. He's going to be terrific value in this show.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    He seems a decent bloke cares about his team and is generally doing this with a smile on his face

He's an utter bellend.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 278
    Forum Member
    Didn't really know anything about him before this, but I like him, he's coming across well, so far.
  • WhisperingGhostWhisperingGhost Posts: 4,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Plus, more importantly, his arse is amazing.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? To me he's coming across as a total bellend.
  • turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MeMeMe01 wrote: »
    He's an utter bellend.
    AdzPower wrote: »

Why do you say that?
  • marsha_Cutiepiemarsha_Cutiepie Posts: 9,721
    Forum Member
    I think he's kind of annoying - he's coming across too much like i'm the man, this is my house etc hoping its all a bravado act but I find him a bit of a knob at the moment but early days and he seems be sound some of the time so will see
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    He comes across as quite boring.
  • AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you say that?

Arrogant, egotistical, cocky, quite unwelcoming.
    Rubbing it in Hugo's face like that wasn't cool.
    Basically to me he seems to think he's head honcho, leader of the pack, the alpha male, and its gone to his head that's for sure.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Arrogant, egotistical, cocky, quite unwelcoming.
    Rubbing it in Hugo's face like that wasn't cool.
    Basically to me he seems to think he's head honcho, leader of the pack, the alpha male, and its gone to his head that's for sure.

I don't need to post my views on David as you have done so already and very succinctly. I was hoping to like him but he's really not very nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,246
    Forum Member
    I don't like him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he's arrogant and thinks he's better than them all.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope he wins.
  • RobRob Posts: 4,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My least favourite by far. Smug, arrogant and clearly a sore loser.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'd like to see that for myself, ahem.
  • norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,676
    Forum Member
    Didn't see last night's show, but tonight he came across as very competitive in the task, as would be expected from a world-class sportsperson, and incredibly considerate of his team when he lied about what they had missed out on by getting the question wrong.

From what I've seen so far, I like him.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was liking him and then went off him a bit all in the first episode on Sunday... but thought he came across really well tonight :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can see him being the most liked camp mate. Like when everyone leaves they will want him to win.
  • Tracker321Tracker321 Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Teflon Don wrote: »
    I hope he wins.

Me 2. I like him. Seems like a decent guy to me. He seemed keen to win for the team and Hugo congratulated each other at the end of the task.
  • The NetThe Net Posts: 5,494
    Forum Member
    Yep definitely came across well tonight. Cared for his team mates. Totally opposite of the personality of nasty Antony Cotton last year who bitched about everybody
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant see what the haters are going on about LOL There are no major grounds to call him an arrogant bellend apart from him rubbing it in a bit with Hugo, big deal! His team mates like him and he has joined in and had a laugh. There are worse people than that arrogant wise. Some of these posters seem more arrogant in fact.
  • trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    The Net wrote: »
    Yep definitely came across well tonight. Cared for his team mates. Totally opposite of the personality of nasty Antony Cotton last year who bitched about everybody

:confused: Is everyone being compared to Antony Cotton for some reason. Don't get that but if you are doing so I actually prefer Antony because he's more of a what you see is what you get but David is clearly masking some issues. He said he was competitive which I understand but his attitude when he wins isn't very nice imo.

I'd like to see David in a task that wasn't physically slanted and see how he deals with failure because his attitude to Hugo when he failed another task that let's face it David was always going to win was arrogant.
    ritch wrote: »
    I cant see what the haters are going on about LOL There are no major grounds to call him an arrogant bellend apart from him rubbing it in a bit with Hugo, big deal! His team mates like him and he has joined in and had a laugh. There are worse people than that arrogant wise. Some of these posters seem more arrogant in fact.

Hi I'm a hater and arrogant :rolleyes: ;) I can see some aspects of David's personality that aren't pleasing me and these are becoming more apparent with time. It may stem from his day job as he needs to be highly competitive and arrogant and I don't mind this per se but I am disappointed David has decided to be like this in the jungle. This is a bit of fun and he can win obviously but he could also do so much better by showing a bit of humility too.

Something that struck me also was how vehemently against the others joining the camp he was. He really needs to be top dog and he doesn't want that position challenged.

This is very much early days but I am surprised that more can't see this unpleasant side.
  • misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm liking him him so far.

His arrogance on the tasks, for me, is what I expected, his whole career as much as beating the shit out of people, was bluster and posturing.

That's what he knows, but to be fair, he has tempered that somewhat with Hugo.

He could have been a complete arse when he won the two tasks, and made Hugo feel tiny, but didn't.

And after winning the second task, and the posse still ending up with nothing he could have behaved very differently.

One can tell he is not a happy bunny about some things, but unlike some, at the mo, he can control and focus it.

Things many change.
  • SelenaSelena Posts: 29,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind him. But I didn't like his attitude regarding the other team.