Options

How to protect speakers - custom perspex?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Smiley433Smiley433 Posts: 7,898
    Forum Member
    Ok, from the link I can see why you don't want stands - nice looking pair of speakers if you don't mind me saying. My brother has some Mission Argonauts and I know how protective he is of them.

My personal thoughts...

1. I wouldn't rule out speaker stands. Have a look for some "heavy duty speaker stands" and see if there's anything there that might do the job. I know the speakers themselves are designed to be floor-standing, but if you can raise them by a foot or so then they might be out of the cat's curiosity. Personally that would look better than being enclosed in perspex panels. Unless raising them off the ground is going to affect audio quality

2. How about setting up an "exlcusion zone" around the speakers using something like an old rag with some lemon juice squirted onto it tucked under or behind the speakers? Cats generally don't like citrus so something like that might keep them away. Just need to refresh the lemon every now and then. Try it with a sample rag before you introduce the speakers to the room and see how they react.

3. Do the whole height of the speakers need to be encased? What about the bottom foot or so with a semi-permanent protection just to keep the cats off them? Or are they ninja cats and are likely to randomly attack the top three cones as well?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Lovely speakers, I have a set of 5 Castles so appreciate quality

Chicken wire cages
  • Options
    Galaxy266Galaxy266 Posts: 7,049
    Forum Member
    You could ask the advice of the speaker manufacturer Bowers and Wilkins.