Original Sugababes MKS surprise NYE gig

2»

Comments

• DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait to see them performing Get Sexy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Heidi, Amelle and Jade should just let them have the Sugababes name. They obviously want it and Mutya can release stationary for it
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,981
    Forum Member
    I think you summed up what I was trying to say.

I have just read it back and even I don't understand it so well done for you being able to lol!!
    I think Heidi, Amelle and Jade should just let them have the Sugababes name. They obviously want it and Mutya can release stationary for it

In a way I agree, Sugababes should have given up the name for the originals and start a fresh group but then that's discounting the 8 years Heidi had spent in the group (at the time of Keisha's departure) which had the best-selling albums and singles, all the #1 singles, majority of the top ten singles (all apart from Overload) and had spent longer in the group than both Siobhan and Mutya.. It seems a bit unfair that she should lose a claim to the name because she wasn't there for one underperforming album and one hit single.
  • DizagaoxDizagaox Posts: 4,733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Didn't somebody say on here they're allowed to share it, but chose not to?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I just want new material. How much longer we gotta wait ?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just read it back and even I don't understand it so well done for you being able to lol!!

In a way I agree, Sugababes should have given up the name for the originals and start a fresh group but then that's discounting the 8 years Heidi had spent in the group (at the time of Keisha's departure) which had the best-selling albums and singles, all the #1 singles, majority of the top ten singles (all apart from Overload) and had spent longer in the group than both Siobhan and Mutya.. It seems a bit unfair that she should lose a claim to the name because she wasn't there for one underperforming album and one hit single.

I agree with that actually. To be honest Mutya Keisha Heidi would excite me more than Mutya Keisha Siobhan!
  • mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,457
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just want new material. How much longer we gotta wait ?

I think that would be a great thing but there are no restrictions on MKS doing any of those old songs if they wish. If MKS think they can do 'Freak Like Me' well, why shouldn't they do it?
  • Hollie_LouiseHollie_Louise Posts: 39,981
    Forum Member
    mgvsmith wrote: »
    I think that would be a great thing but there are no restrictions on MKS doing any of those old songs if they wish. If MKS think they can do 'Freak Like Me' well, why shouldn't they do it?

To me, it just doesn't feel right.. In the two songs (Overload and Run For Cover) that Sugababes performed from One Touch when Heidi replaced Siobhan, Heidi sang backing vocals on one verse in Overload and a total of four lines in Run For Cover... Siobhan is going to be singing full verses and bridges in what could go from Freak Like Me to Get Sexy, it just doesn't sit right..

I think they should distance themselves from the Sugababes brand and name and songs and be MKS.. I have yet to see a single article about them where the words The Original Sugababes aren't mentioned, they need to build MKS up, not just being the ex-Sugababes singing the Sugababes songs in the exact same way that the Sugababes performed them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally hope they are successful and am very interested to here new material. The Sugababes haven't released anything remotely great since 'Denial'. Sweet 7 was probably one of the worst albums I've ever listened. Let's be honest they quickly lost their worldwide fan base with the loss of Mutya and then their UK one with the departure of Keisha.

But Amelle, Heidi & the other one are entitled to the Sugababes name as the originals have ditched it for whatever reason. MKS need to start their own brand and keep away the Sugababe's material (with the exception of One Touch).

I personally think One Touch should be re-released again if the comeback is successful.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,550
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HandsClean wrote: »
    I personally hope they are successful and am very interested to here new material. The Sugababes haven't released anything remotely great since 'Denial'. Sweet 7 was probably one of the worst albums I've ever listened. Let's be honest they quickly lost their worldwide fan base with the loss of Mutya and then their UK one with the departure of Keisha.

But Amelle, Heidi & the other one are entitled to the Sugababes name as the originals have ditched it for whatever reason. MKS need to start their own brand and keep away the Sugababe's material (with the exception of One Touch).

I personally think One Touch should be re-released again if the comeback is successful.

This post has made the most sense out of any post on this thread.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love Mutya's voice. She has so much soul & I think music needs it.
    Re: MKS- good luck to them. I want them to do really well as they have too much talent & fingers crossed they release damn good music. So long as they get on with each other (not a done deal) they could have a great comeback.

I hate the name though. Sounds like a furniture store.

ETA: Obviously the crowd were hyped for their return but I wish they'd STFU tbh.