Don't get the love for Melanie

2»

Comments

• CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me neither OP
    Melanie has a pretty weak voice and no personality. I thought it was terrible she got a place over a much more talented girl.
  • RiverMRiverM Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    she's alright but there's so many better act's plus she's so whiney, she reminds me of that Katy chick from corrie always moaning at something and is never happy
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're all so full of it. She has so much more to give than we have seen on this show so far but even from what we have seen, she is head and shoulders above the rest. But whether we will get to see it or not, I don't know. I also have a bad feeling she is gonna be the "shock elimination" that they so adore.

She has been giving it for years and years. If she can't improve by now then there is nothing more for her to do.
    She was rather poor compared to the others imo. Her voice strained to get anywhere and the stage had more personality then her when she sang.
  • RiverMRiverM Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^ exactly this, it's her fifth time ffs and just have to facts they obviously don't dig her
  • 4troy74troy7 Posts: 8,925
    Forum Member
    RiverM wrote: »
    ^ exactly this, it's her fifth time ffs and just have to facts they obviously don't dig her
    Agreed .
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she is the shock elimination at the judges this year, then its time to give up melanie.

I think that the shock elimination, if there is one (otherwise it's Hannah, Tamera and Melanie through, right?), will be Tamera. My reasoning for that is Hannah is so popular and Melanie insists this is her last shot, whereas Tamera could easily come back another time. Plus Melanie is the obligatory Irish act! Abi will be in the Top 3 instead of Tamera because Nicole likes how "different" she is. That's not what I want but it's what I expect, so let's hope Nicole surprises me instead!
  • CandyCoatedCandyCoated Posts: 439
    Forum Member
    She has nothing about her, I like the girl and want her succeed for some reason, but her voice is painfully normal talent wise, she's very plain, her voice is irritating, she's just there. She'll be put through to lives just to shut her up though.
  • achroachro Posts: 3,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She can barely stand out in her own category, let alone the whole competition.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    achro wrote: »
    She can barely stand out in her own category, let alone the whole competition.
    Yet she is the one that everyone is talking about. Why is that? It's because she DOES stand out. Melanie is far better than "average" as some so-called experts on this site like to say. She has improved by leaps and bounds since the last time she made it to Judges houses and the only one in her category that measures up to her is Hannah. The others either don't have any star quality or else they choke under pressure.
  • RocknRollaRocknRolla Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Would it really be a "shock" elimination, though? She's failed to get to lives three times previously, after all...

Tamera or Hannah would be a "shock" elimination. Melanie or Jade wouldn't.

I think Hannah is a very dull singer, doesn't impress me at all. So if she went out I would be neither shocked of disappointed. Tamera and Melanie are far better in my opinion
  • CosyaCosya Posts: 4,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yet she is the one that everyone is talking about. Why is that? It's because she DOES stand out.

No its cos people are ramming her down our throats that she is amazing and she isn't at all
  • BatmannequinBatmannequin Posts: 489
    Forum Member
    Yet she is the one that everyone is talking about. Why is that?

Gotta be honest, the only place I ever see people talk about her is DS, and they go mad for her every year.

Every time she's been on, I've never seen any attention for her from non-DS sources or real-world people I've spoken to.