Alexandra Burke ft Inna - Tonight - European Version

Barry_ClarkeBarry_Clarke Posts: 2,683
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkmD7kESSls

Not much change to the original track however Inna has leant her vocals to the track, as a European release, yet to be announced. This is for sure one of the best if not the best track off the album. It has already charted in Number 1 in Greece

Comments

• LandslideBradLandslideBrad Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I really like that song...until the 'beat' kicks in.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This song was massive around Europe....it's been in the top 10 airplay in Greece, Turkey, Romania etc for literally months and went #1 in Greece and it wasn't even an official release from AB. :p

I don't think Inna adds anything to the song at all. She's covered the song for her own album..
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    This song was massive around Europe....it's been in the top 10 airplay in Greece, Turkey, Romania etc for literally months and went #1 in Greece and it wasn't even an official release from AB. :p

I don't think Inna adds anything to the song at all. She's covered the song for her own album..

But it was how you say 'popular' just because of Inna and definitely not Alexandra :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    frank5 wrote: »
    But it was how you say 'popular' just because of Inna and definitely not Alexandra :)

Inna has only just recorded the song. Alexandra's solo version was the hit actually. :)
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member

Alex's version was popular

Inna's version is a cover of the same song
    The song in the OP is just a mash-up of the 2 together

Inna's version didn't surface until a few weeks ago when she premiered the album sampler
  • gelbma0991gelbma0991 Posts: 4,783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was a hit BEFORE Inna even recorded the song, so... :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK my mistake :) Just I couldn't imagine that Alexandre Burke could have a hit (although airplay top 10 is hardly a hit..) anywhere with her last album :D
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    love this version .. it annoys me how tonight never got an actual release, it's the only song off HOH to have took off by itself ..

1 video had 500k+ views but got deleted, the other 1 has now got 600k views!
    why are RCA dumb tho?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member

True. I couldn't avoid the song for months! Not that I'm complaining, because it's catchy. I don't see what Inna can offer to it though. The song has peaked in Europe.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I love this song! Shame it was never officially released as the third single, but maybe after the flop that was Let It Go they didn't want to take any more chances by releasing a third single.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    O.Michel wrote: »
    True. I couldn't avoid the song for months! Not that I'm complaining, because it's catchy. I don't see what Inna can offer to it though. The song has peaked in Europe.

On the video comments loads of people from Greece said that they kept hearing this song on the radio every 5 minutes...I'm quite surprised that it became such a big hit considering it wasn't even released officially....

I don't think Inna's solo version will be as good, her voice isn't that strong, but she is very popular so it could do well again if she released it as a single.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    On the video comments loads of people from Greece said that they kept hearing this song on the radio every 5 minutes...I'm quite surprised that it became such a big hit considering it wasn't even released officially....
    It's true. It's been played quite a lot here. It doesn't need to be an official release, because, on the one hand, we're a very small market, so nobody cares about official release dates and, on the other hand, it was a hit in the clubs way before it was a hit on the radio and the clubs usually play a lot of songs that are not even singles to begin with.

Too bad there wasn't a video though. It could have really been a smash in many European countries. It's still her biggest hit in Greece ever though. Her previous singles weren't even played.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po9rH933WoE

Full version of Inna singing the song by herself has surfaced. Definitely think Alexandra's version is better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see the standards for a 'hit' are dropping.
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    franster wrote: »
    I see the standards for a 'hit' are dropping.

Jut because you don't like it doesn't mean others can't
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jut because you don't like it doesn't mean others can't

Its nothing about quality, just the fact that a song going to number 1 in one country, with a pretty small music market, and going top ten on airplay charts, in countries with similarly small music markets, nowadays qualifies as a 'massive hit'.
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Its nothing about quality, just the fact that a song going to number 1 in one country, with a pretty small music market, and going top ten on airplay charts, in countries with similarly small music markets, nowadays qualifies as a 'massive hit'.

If a song hits #1 for weeks on end anywhere it's a hit. Bob The Builder anyone? :D
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex and inna should do a video together for it !
    How annoying that the song will.be completely overlooked
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Don't ya know rule #1, gotta make me feel wanted":cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was a hit all over Europe, that's why Inna covered it. For someone who's apparently a "flop" that's pretty impressive, there are many big UK acts who have zero success in Europe despite them being "small music markets" as you put it. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    Alex and inna should do a video together for it !
    How annoying that the song will.be completely overlooked

I think Alex made a mistake not releasing some kind of official video for it, but I think she was having some problems with her label at the time, the success of the song was quite unexpected. I think Inna will see success with it though, if she decides to release it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think this should have been Alexandra's lead single in the first place. Inna just hasn't got the chops for it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    It was a hit all over Europe, that's why Inna covered it. For someone who's apparently a "flop" that's pretty impressive, there are many big UK acts who have zero success in Europe despite them being "small music markets" as you put it. :)

Apart from Greece where was it actually a hit?
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The song would sound better if Alexandra's voice wasn't autotuned . It's okay though.