Is Jodie too fat to be Nancy?

12345679»

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not at all. I have been at both ends of the scale - thin and fat. I feel healthier when I am thin, I feel more attractive and confident. I genuinely prefer the way I look when I am slimmer! Although I am still happier with a few curves ;)

I've been both as well - but my happiness and well-being have not been contingent on my weight. I was quite ill when lighter - now I haven't even had a cold in 3 years :D
  • Liza with a ZeeLiza with a Zee Posts: 1,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think jodie looks more like nancy then sam does, however I do think that nancy should be young, as fagin i meant to have taken nancy under his wing, so in my eyes she should be a little older then the artful dodger

Remember this is not a production of Dicken's Oliver Twist. (Unless all street urchins broke into song every two minutes). This is a production of a Lionel Bart musical which shows Lionel Bart's interpretation of the characters. Nancy to me should be strong looking, bawdy and ballsy. Someone who has had a few knocks and has a mumsy quality. I think Jode fits the bill perfectly and I am sure she will win. Unless the BBC have another problem 'phone vote:eek:
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I personally love it when people call me thin. Is slim and thin not the same thing?? I would much rather be called slim/thin than fat! Now being told you are too slim, now that IS annoying!
    I'd never had a weight problem and was happy in my skin, until medication for a short term health problem caused a one stone increase. I felt pretty miserable, but then a work colleague said, "I think you look much better - your arms aren't nearly as skinny as they were." I wasn't sure whether I should laugh or cry - so decided to laugh and felt much better.

I'm now off medication - but the sight of my skinny arms in the mirror is a saluatory lesson in vanity!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been both as well - but my happiness and well-being have not been contingent on my weight. I was quite ill when lighter - now I haven't even had a cold in 3 years :D

Oh, i am not saying for one minute that fat=unhappy and thin=happy. If only life were that simple! Some people are genuinely happy, and healthier with a bigger size. As long as we are not talking about extremes where life is at risk, then whatever suits the individual... Me, I know I wouldn't want to be any less than 9 stone at 5ft 2, although BMI indicates I can go a fair bit lower...I know that I simply would not look right any slimmer than that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sometimes its not choice......some times its medical......
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CASPER1066 wrote: »
    sometimes its not choice......some times its medical......

absolutely, and the sad thing is people don't think that initially do they?
  • MamaboogieMamaboogie Posts: 3,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting piece in the Daily Mirror today about how Sam continuously stuffs her face without putting on any weight.

Sometimes, life just isn't fair! :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mamaboogie wrote: »
    Interesting piece in the Daily Mirror today about how Sam continuously stuffs her face without putting on any weight.

Sometimes, life just isn't fair! :(

Yes, but there might be a portrait of her somewhere getting fatter and fatter. (it'll probably be with JB's which is getting olderand older).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 296
    Forum Member
    I think Jodie is fine for the part as she is, BUT, IF she was asked to lose weight i'm sure she would take that on board - and probably would anyway throughout the rehearsal period.

Actors are asked to make changes to their appearance for roles and this includes body shape. I remember Lee having to tone up for Joseph.

Is Rene Zellweger too skinny to play Bridget Jones???
  • SapphicGrrlSapphicGrrl Posts: 3,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not now, she ain't!!! :D:D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No need to even reply to this thread now is there?! :p

So chuffed, the most deserving girl won, brilliant! :D
  • werdna67werdna67 Posts: 496
    Forum Member
    Pathetic even to start this thread! Well done Jodie, deserved winner.