Marvel's Agents of SHIELD on Ch4 (Use Spoiler Tags)

Comments

• MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    I'm glad to see that Agents Of SHIELD is back on Channel 4 soon!

Quite a few poster on this thread have said about breaks with US broadcast but as far as I know there are no breaks in broadcast with the first part of season 2.Can someone tell me if I'm wrong?

I know there is a break to show Agent Carter but Channel 4 delay won't avoid that as Agent Carter is on for 8 weeks so there will still be a break on Channel 4 showing it!
  • varsasvarsas Posts: 1,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The breaks in the US broadcast mentioned were over the length of the season; there haven't been any so far but we can expect there to be a few before Christmas e.g. at US Thanksgiving.

Checking the broadcast dates from Wikipedia there were 2 in the first half of the season and 7 in the second half for season 1.
  • carl.waringcarl.waring Posts: 35,587
    Forum Member
    Eston Bleu wrote: »
    The only reason I mentioned it in the first place is I'd rather watch it on C4, but they didn't tell anyone they were showing it at all...
    As there was no "we've dropped it" announcement then it's a pretty good bet that they would be showing it and the time/date could only ever be confirmed two weeks in advance. Which, of course, is precisely what has happened.
  • deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As there was no "we've dropped it" announcement then it's a pretty good bet that they would be showing it and the time/date could only ever be confirmed two weeks in advance. Which, of course, is precisely what has happened.

Yeah but Channel 5 didn't make that announcement about Sons of Anarchy until around 9 months after it aired in the states.
  • circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this show was on fire for last 5-6 episodes, cannot wait for s2..oh wait yes i can lol but you know what i mean!

think ill let 3-4 episodes record then start the show in late november early december.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 453
    Forum Member
    whedon247 wrote: »
    this show was on fire for last 5-6 episodes, cannot wait for s2..oh wait yes i can lol but you know what i mean!

think ill let 3-4 episodes record then start the show in late november early december.

Can confirm [NO spoilers] that the show is even better this season.
    Forum Member
    Yeah but Channel 5 didn't make that announcement about Sons of Anarchy until around 9 months after it aired in the states.
    Okay. Didn't know that. That sucks :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eston Bleu wrote: »
    Can confirm [NO spoilers] that the show is even better this season.

sounds great although opinions are opinions

i read DS called arrow the best ever comic book adaptation earlier this morning...i disagree!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to the first episode tonight of season 2! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 85
    Forum Member
    Isn't someone going to start a new thread for Season 2 ? Anyone ?
    It'll be easier to plough through the pages. And for those in two minds about watching, here's 5 reason to reconsider :
    http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2014/oct/24/fail-hydra-five-reasons-to-give-agents-of-shield-another-go
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's needed; just click on the last page :)
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    varsas wrote: »
    I don't think it's needed; just click on the last page :)

Or the downward pointing arrow to the left of the thread title which appears when a thread has been updated since you last viewed it. This should take you to the first new post since that point.

I never knew it was there until someone pointed it out to me. Very useful!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thrombin wrote: »
    Or the downward pointing arrow to the left of the thread title which appears when a thread has been updated since you last viewed it. This should take you to the first new post since that point.

I never knew it was there until someone pointed it out to me. Very useful!

neither did i! nice one :)

have downloaded last 3 eps of s1,will rewatch them over next few weeks before i start s2, lets hope it doesnt get cancelled in the US :(
  • paulschapmanpaulschapman Posts: 35,536
    Forum Member
    Okay. Didn't know that. That sucks :(

Sci fi UK have still not said they are not going to buy Continuum Season 3 and it finished in the US months ago.
    >:(
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another Brit joins the cast.
    Forum Member
    A reasonable season-opener, I thought.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So many questions!!! Is lucky lawless dead?

Where is Simmons?

Is fitz completely crazy?!? (They completely sold me on that one too)

Nice strong start, continuing on from the end of last season quite well!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hail Hydra!!!
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Lucy Lawless wasn't so lucky. ;-) Her Agents character is dead though, yeah.
    Where is Simmons?
    On assignment. That's all I can say without ruining anything.
    Is fitz completely crazy?!?
    Not completely, he's just going through a lot right now.

I am ahead of you (I watch US pace) so I'll refrain from specific details.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    It can't be that further into the future from the last season and somehow Skye is now a seasoned field agent?
  • LudwigVonDrakeLudwigVonDrake Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another Brit joins the cast.
    And a good addition at that. :blush::D Although I'm still see him as Kieron the Valco butcher.
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    It can't be that further into the future from the last season and somehow Skye is now a seasoned field agent?
    Brig.Gen. Talbot referred to them hiding for "a complete winter", so not a great amount of time no.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any thoughts on where Hydra dug up the blue body during world war 2 that we later see in a secret base facility of unknown affiliation in season 1 of Agents?
    And a good addition at that. :blush::D Although I'm still see him as Kieron the Valco butcher.

Brig.Gen. Talbot referred to them hiding for "a complete winter", so not a great amount of time no.

Skye had been training all of last season plus by the end of it she was starting to show her ability. A winter being put to the test would have been a crash course in field experience.
  • HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I honestly can't believe they would hire her just for a random, one-off appearance like that. She's too much of a big name in cult circles. Plus, what was the point of her touching the 084 and getting her hand hacked off if she were to just die in a car crash.

I reckon she'll be back in some capacity, due to having touched the 084. Either revived with some sort of superpower, or she'll be linked to the 084 in some way (eg. her mind will be in it or something).

At the very least, I expect we'll see her in flashbacks. No way she's gone for good.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    I honestly can't believe they would hire her just for a random, one-off appearance like that. She's too much of a big name in cult circles. Plus, what was the point of her touching the 084 and getting her hand hacked off if she were to just die in a car crash.

I reckon she'll be back in some capacity, due to having touched the 084. Either revived with some sort of superpower, or she'll be linked to the 084 in some way (eg. her mind will be in it or something).
    At the start of the episode the when Hydra were discussing the 084 they speculated it may have power over death...
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

:D Me too.