Options

O2's coverage map doesn't make any sense

13»

Comments

• Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it all depends on where the person lives and travels. I'm almost always in a city when I use my phone, so not much of an issue lol

This is mostly people in the deep south west, so a mix of urban (though not as urban as other parts) and rural.

O2 doesn't cover rural areas, and from my own experience even in urban areas (for the South West definition of "urban") they don't do a very good job.
  • Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    +When a lot of people are out of the city, they are driving and therefore are not going to be using the internet on their iPhone :P

Unless your streaming the radio or something.

Although they don't make any sense. A local village with less than 1000 people in it, has 3G. A town a few miles away, has no 3G coverage either. Although to be fair Vodafone and Orange (If you don't include the share) also don't have any 3G masts there.

I am not in a city, I am not driving. Why shouldn't I have 3G?

I travel a lot on trains, so I am still not driving, but again, no 3G coverage (on O2, whereas EE and 3 are nearly perfect)
  • Options
    Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    +When a lot of people are out of the city, they are driving and therefore are not going to be using the internet on their iPhone :P

Unless your streaming the radio or something.

So people don't use navigation on their smartphones in cars then, or passengers using the internet? or people who live in the country don't need the internet? people on trains, coaches?

We've all got internet at home, the point of mobile internet and mobile phones is you should be able to use them wherever you go!, whether thats for basic calls or Skype calls, sms or what'sapp.

Do populations of < 1000 have some different need to those in cities? most of the other networks can see the need to provide 3G coverage in these areas.
  • Options
    reclusive46reclusive46 Posts: 584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    moox wrote: »
    I am not in a city, I am not driving. Why shouldn't I have 3G?

I travel a lot on trains, so I am still not driving, but again, no 3G coverage (on O2, whereas EE and 3 are nearly perfect)

Then O2 is not the network for you. All I was saying was that O2 has 3G coverage that suites a specific group of people. I know several areas around where I live and work that I know EE don't have any 3G or poor 3G. My business phone is O2 and my personal is T-Mobile, so I have idea when it comes to comparing them.