Options

Where would Leona be if she had released "We Found Love"?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nooneoo wrote: »
    But she said it had the same production as Rihanna's version though :confused:

Yeah Calvin never said it was a ballad, he said she sang it softly when compared to Rihanna like a ballad...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    A lot of the tracks Rihann releases do well not because they're great songs but because it's Rihanna. I agree with the poster that said it would have just been another collide. If it was the other way round and Leona had sung WFL and Rihanna Collide this thread would probably ask where she'd be had she sing Collide. IMO they're very similar good dance songs.
  • Options
    Rodney McKayRodney McKay Posts: 8,143
    Forum Member
    The problem for Leona is not releasing enough tracks that radio want to play. Rihanna has a few duff uns as well, but she makes sure that another tracks following along very quickly.

Leona or her team are just lazy when it comes to releases and promotion
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    [QUOTE=getty;63416360]I can't see Glassheart being the hit a lot of Leona fans seem to think it will be, also the production on the track is absolutely dreadful in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

Her fans kept saying Collide and Trouble were going to big hits and they was wrong then, So to me with Glassheart its just wishful thinking on their part, which is good after all they support her and want her to do well.

But for me Leona lacks the grittiness for a good dance track eg sexy sassy etc, Leona is more of a lovey dovey valentine artist. eg Michael Buble
  • Options
    JocolahJocolah Posts: 2,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hitnmix wrote: »
    Her fans kept saying Collide and Trouble were going to big hits and they was wrong then, So to me with Glassheart its just wishful thinking on their part, which is good after all they support her and want her to do well.

But for me Leona lacks the grittiness for a good dance track eg sexy sassy etc, Leona is more of a lovey dovey valentine artist. eg Michael Buble

Perhaps she needs take tips from Beyonce who has that in abundance.
  • Options
    annushkaannushka Posts: 3,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The leona love seems to be still going strong in this forum (at least there are some vocal fans).
    In my country, She seemed to have 2 visible hits (bleeding love and better with time). I remember her next song coming out which I din't like (I have forgotten the title), and that kind of was it.

She has a beautiful voice, but I guess that not having had the X factor here made her just one of many big voice female singers, and she lost visibility fast IMO.

Apart from releasing a huge song, either another unforgettable ballad, or a more uptempo collaboration with someone big, I don't see how she can make it back. But it would have to be followed by other catchy material (singles and an album).