Phil Mitchell - will he reveal Shirley's secret in future?

wizardtwizardt Posts: 2,125
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Phil doesn't report Shirley to the police next week because he isn't a grass. I think he will get revenge on Shirley and will be involved in the Mick/Shirley secret?

Comments

• LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope so. He might use it against her when he really needs too.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    I hope not. I would feel cheated if Phil was the one to reveal it, especially when Sylvie, Shirley and Aunt Babe are at the center of the drama.

I think there is more to it than Phil just not being 'a grass', I'm not saying 'love' or anything before anyone jumps all over me but I dunno, it seems odd to me, considering Sharon wants him admit Shirley's part. Anyone have any ideas on how Shirley will return?
  • los.kavlos.kav Posts: 8,053
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure he will. After all it's bound to come out on its own. I'd say Phil and Co have all kept enough big secrets to know that! Besides, he might love her too much to rip her world apart with his bear hands.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    Well we know the secrets going to come up, so who knows. I'd rather he had nothing more to do with Shirley TBH.
  • CherryRoseCherryRose Posts: 13,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wizardt wrote: »
    Phil doesn't report Shirley to the police next week because he isn't a grass. I think he will get revenge on Shirley and will be involved in the Mick/Shirley secret?

He wont report Shirley because he loves her, he wont report her to the police, he way make her pay in any way. Sharon wants to report Shirley to the police because she knows deep down inside that Phil is protecting Shirley. He's going to get jealous when Shirleys new man comes on the scene.
  • wizardtwizardt Posts: 2,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CherryRose wrote: »
    He wont report Shirley because he loves her, he wont report her to the police, he way make her pay in any way. Sharon wants to report Shirley to the police because she knows deep down inside that Phil is protecting Shirley. He's going to get jealous when Shirleys new man comes on the scene.
    He doesn't love Shirley IMO. How do you know Shirley will have a new fella?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I hope not. I would feel cheated if Phil was the one to reveal it, especially when Sylvie, Shirley and Aunt Babe are at the center of the drama.

I think there is more to it than Phil just not being 'a grass', I'm not saying 'love' or anything before anyone jumps all over me but I dunno, it seems odd to me, considering Sharon wants him admit Shirley's part. Anyone have any ideas on how Shirley will return?
    If Phil reports Shirley to the police, he knows Sharon and Ronnie will get in trouble.
    Forum Member
    CherryRose wrote: »
    He wont report Shirley because he loves her, he wont report her to the police, he won't make her pay in any way. Sharon wants to report Shirley to the police because she knows deep down inside that Phil is protecting Shirley. He's going to get jealous when Shirleys new man comes on the scene.

I do think Phil is protecting Shirley on a level. And Sharon is apparently livid about it.
    Shirley's getting a new man? Is this confirmed? I'm still hoping Andy is cast soon.:)
    Forum Member
    If Phil reports Shirley to the police, he knows Sharon and Ronnie will get in trouble.

How? The gun has been disposed of, there is no witnesses. If Sharon and Phil both say Shirley shot him, nothing would come back on them, there is no evidence to get them in trouble now.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How? The gun has been disposed of, there is no witnesses. If Sharon and Phil both say Shirley shot him, nothing would come back on them, there is no evidence to get them in trouble now.
    Actually the blame can be pinned on Sharon. Sharon found out about the affair, got angry and armed police caught Sharon doing a runner. I still think phil wants to make Shirley pay because she ruined the wedding. When Phil was shot, he was so concerned for Sharon and said "I love you"
    Forum Member
    Actually the blame can be pinned on Sharon. Sharon found out about the affair, got angry and armed police caught Sharon doing a runner. I still think phil wants to make Shirley pay because she ruined the wedding. When Phil was shot, he was so concerned for Sharon and said "I love you"

If Phil is saying that it was Shirley who shot him, the blame couldn't be pinned on Sharon.
    I'm not saying he doesn't love Sharon, of course he does but I do think he cares for Shirley in some way and wouldn't have her locked up.
    Any ideas on how she will return?
  • dancerdaisydancerdaisy Posts: 563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

l think he will reveal her secret, after all he doesn't owe her any loyalty now, not after she has tried to kill him.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,181
    Forum Member
    He certainly holds all the cards, but I am not sure even Phil would be that callous.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm past caring, but maybe he could get a plane to write a message in the sky.
  • LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Phil will realise how badly he's treated Shirley and that will be what stops him grassing her up to the police or revealing her secret. As I said in another thread Phil chose to cheat on Sharon as an adult, using something what happened to Shirley as a messed up kid would be beyond the pale.
  • lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    l think he will reveal her secret, after all he doesn't owe her any loyalty now, not after she has tried to kill him.

Did she try to kill him? Or did the gun go off in a scuffle with Sharon? I'm not sure if she would have actually pulled the trigger but of course they've left it a bit ambiguous for us by not showing us exactly what happened. Shirley could have pulled the trigger before Sharon even reached her but I somehow doubt it ...

Either way though, because she took a gun into his house and was pointing it at him she's still responsible for him being shot, legally she's guilty and would be charged with several offences so from that angle Phil owes her absolutely nothing now. She put his life in danger and I know she's a wronged woman and all that but it was an extreme overreaction. Killing/injuring someone in self-defence is one thing, pointing a gun at someone because they've chucked you is bloody ridiculous, If everyone went on like that there would be shootings galore!
    LHolmes wrote: »
    I think Phil will realise how badly he's treated Shirley and that will be what stops him grassing her up to the police or revealing her secret. As I said in another thread Phil chose to cheat on Sharon as an adult, using something what happened to Shirley as a messed up kid would be beyond the pale.

This. Phil has never been a totally bad man, in fact years ago he was the softer, nicer Mitchell brother and there's still some of that man left in him. He'll know that he treated Shirley shabbily so I think that (and not wanting that gun found of course) will keep his mouth shut. I still think he carries some guilt about deceiving her over Ben killing Heather so I agree, I don't think he'll either grass her up or drop her in it with Mick.

But this being Phil I think he'll hold it over the Carters somehow ... not sure how but I don't think they'll be sleeping easily for a long time.
  • Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley was the one with the gun, so she would have pulled the trigger. Sharon wouldn't have reached for the trigger, nor would she have pressed Shirley's fingers down. It's so laughable the amount of excuses come up for Shirley's behaviour. Any excuse to not blame her. She was the one waving the gun around and lunging forward before Sharon tackled her.

She shouldn't have been waving the gun around, she's a nutcase. None of ths would have happened if she hadn't decided to turn psycho. The fact she goes on the run says it all for me.
  • IanMandyIanMandy Posts: 14,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well seeing as she nearly killed him, I should blooming hope so
  • Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Something I'm wondering is that if there's no gun then could Shirley be convicted just upon Sharon and Phil's word? It's all a complicated one so maybe reporting shirley is quite simply too much hassle, more than its worth. I'm not sure if Phil genuinely does love shirley after his treatment towards her this week so I'm wary to say he doesn't report her out of love
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shirley was the one with the gun, so she would have pulled the trigger. Sharon wouldn't have reached for the trigger, nor would she have pressed Shirley's fingers down. It's so laughable the amount of excuses come up for Shirley's behaviour. Any excuse to not blame her. She was the one waving the gun around and lunging forward before Sharon tackled her.

She shouldn't have been waving the gun around, she's a nutcase. None of ths would have happened if she hadn't decided to turn psycho. The fact she goes on the run says it all for me.

I'm not making an excuse, I was wondering how it played out. Did Shirley get knocked and that's how it went off? Or move quickly to get out of the way of Sharon and it ended up going off? Or did she deliberately pull the trigger? Legally it doesn't matter as she'd been waving the gun at them so it's her fault! Ridiculous over-reaction to being 'humiliated'.
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    I'm not making an excuse, I was wondering how it played out. Did Shirley get knocked and that's how it went off? Or move quickly to get out of the way of Sharon and it ended up going off? Or did she deliberately pull the trigger? Legally it doesn't matter as she'd been waving the gun at them so it's her fault! Ridiculous over-reaction to being 'humiliated'.

I think it went off during the scuffle.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »

You should see her when Phil leaves the toilet seat up!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    You should see her when Phil leaves the toilet seat up!!!

Oh well I think she'd be totally justified waving a gun in his face under those circumstances. And if he's left a floater in there? Kill him. It's the only proper way to deal with it. I mean, he'll not do it again will he?

:kitty::D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it went off during the scuffle.

I hope we find out. It might become a bit clearer this week when I presume Sharon, and Phil if he's up to it, are questioned.
  • Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How does Philth hold all the cards though?

So he knows about Mick - big deal - Shirley knows everything about Philth and the Mitchell's crimes including him covering up two murders for a start.

Anybody remember Carl?

And Sharon would be in deep shit as well.