Bonnie and Bolero

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
Forum Member
If Bonnie gets into the final (and she will because of the judges voting for her aero-acrobatics rather than her skating), she will struggle with Bolero. Such a pity to deny the others a chance. I think Bonnie should go next week if David is back, but I'm not hopeful. Gaynor and Stephan definitely deserve a chance in the final and it would be a tragedy if they were knocked out.

Comments

• mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member
    It would be interesting to see who the judges would pick if the skate-off was between Stefan and Bonnie. Unfortunately, neither Gaynor nor David stand a chance with the judges' favourite.
  • lil_miss_blondelil_miss_blonde Posts: 9,090
    Forum Member
    as long as stefan is through i dont mind :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    agreeing with Kelly here but I don't think it would matter who was against Bonnie in a skate off they would always pick Bonnie

In the final how is the winner calculated is it straight combination of judges and viewers votes or do the judges have the last word?Just something I'm not sure on, enlighten me please :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allibmat wrote:
    agreeing with Kelly here but I don't think it would matter who was against Bonnie in a skate off they would always pick Bonnie

In the final how is the winner calculated is it straight combination of judges and viewers votes or do the judges have the last word?Just something I'm not sure on, enlighten me please :)

I think it's the same as SCD. The judges will score them as normal but the overall decision will be down to the telephone votes from the public.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ah thats good then
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What made Bolero so fantastic was the sheer sychronicity and superb skating, there were hardly any air acrobatics. Bonnie is the weakest of the remaining four with skating skills, she will really struggle with bolero.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What made Bolero so fantastic was the sheer sychronicity and superb skating, there were hardly any air acrobatics. Bonnie is the weakest of the remaining four with skating skills, she will really struggle with bolero.

It will be interesting to see whose style it really suits and who can do it justice and pull it off!!!
  • alijalij Posts: 227
    Forum Member
    Bonnie is skating with a Pairs skater rather than a dancer, and they are very different disciplines with pairs having overhead lifts and complex spins. The moves that Bonnie can do so successfully have nothing to do with ice dancing whereas Gaynor, Stefan and David are all gaining skills in ice dancing adn will make a much better attempt at a Bolero type routine.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like David a lot, but think that Gaynor and Daniel would do Bolero the most justice. Gaynor is very graceful and she can certainly skate very well. Bonnie's skating is poor and she wouldn't be able to do all the acrobatics in Bolero! I also think that Stefan is prone to losing his balance.