Options

The MacDonald Brothers Fan Thread

Comments

• Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here's a picture of the brothers I took quite few years ago.

Brian & Craig
    Lol. They both look very sweet. :D
  • Options
    thmsthms Posts: 61,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ardsfc wrote:
    Without doubt the MacDonald brothers are still in the comp because of the amazing support Scotland is giving them. What that says for Scottish people I don't know but I don't want to be branded a racist :)

simon and sharon are english judges. what does that say
    about the english if the macdonald's end up in the bottom
    two and they vote them off at the first opportunity?

time we had a scottish judge ;)
  • Options
    ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here's a picture of the brothers I took quite few years ago.

Brian & Craig

I'm confused it came up with a picture of the tripod logo? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thms wrote:
    simon and sharon are english judges. what does that say
    about the english if the macdonald's end up in the bottom
    two and they vote them off at the first opportunity?

time we had a scottish judge ;)
    I am sure I can rely on you to whip up a scandal from this if it were to happen. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote:
    I am sure I can rely on you to whip up a scandal from this if it were to happen. ;)

they were snogging each other a couple of weeks ago... ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thms wrote:
    they were snogging each other a couple of weeks ago... ;)
    I take it you mean the judges and not the MacDonald Brothers? ;):D
    You have to be careful when the Daily Star sometimes snoop on these boards. Dont want any scandal before this weeks show. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote:
    I take it you mean the judges and not the MacDonald Brothers? ;):D
    You have to be careful when the Daily Star sometimes snoop on these boards. Dont want any scandal before this weeks show. ;)

i meant simon and louis :D;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thms wrote:
    i meant simon and louis :D;)
    Thats fine though as they got married at the NTA's. Saw the picture in Heat magazine. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote:
    Thats fine though as they got married at the NTA's. Saw the picture in Heat magazine. ;)

like louis's thinking..hope he turn's simon into a big 'mac' fan
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    I know you have to support your own etc, but the MacDonald brothers really are lacking talent and charisma when compared to the other acts left in the final.
    The Conway Sisters long overstayed their welcome last year thanks to the Irish voting for them cos they were, well Irish, as they were well below par compared to the rest. Unfortunately it looks like the McD Brothers are this years Conways, which is rather sad in my opinion.
  • Options
    humpty dumptyhumpty dumpty Posts: 4,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tflpunk wrote:
    I know you have to support your own etc, .

I don't know that :confused:

I'm Scottish and if I was in that house, I reckon I'd probably bond with the McDonald lads more than anyone else in that house.
    Does that mean I think they're the most talented there or have put in special quality performances that outshine the others and outshine most other singers like them? Not at all.
  • Options
    robchin2222robchin2222 Posts: 1,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    France and Germany supporting the lads too :D

This is great news!! :D
  • Options
    hobes1467hobes1467 Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    Great to c all the fans posting their support on here!

I really like their voices and I not voting because I feel sorry for them. !

Heard that the theme this week was more modern so hope they get to do something more up-beat...
  • Options
    ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like how everyone slates the McDonalds yet I don't see a Ben Fan Thread always on the first page of this forum :D keep it up guys :)
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ~*~Jess~*~ wrote:
    I like how everyone slates the McDonalds yet I don't see a Ben Fan Thread always on the first page of this forum :D keep it up guys :)
    True :D

But this forum usually gets it wrong when it comes to winners :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 491
    Forum Member
    Cant believe im gonna miss this saturdays show, Im going to NYC at 9 this morning, I mean obviously im excited about going to the Big Apple, also gutted at same time im missing saturdays show :(
  • Options
    stargirl 2stargirl 2 Posts: 2,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i have just watched the lads audition on You tube they sang "to love somebody". These lads can sing and in tune their harmonies are spot on, with the right songs and the right guidance the lads can go far, their voices are true,not manufactured and believeable.

Simon Cowell needs to wake up and realise true raw talent is what the public want not manufactured puppets,who will do anything and i mean anything to get themselves noticed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    stargirl 2 wrote:
    Simon Cowell needs to wake up and realise true raw talent is what the public want not manufactured puppets,who will do anything and i mean anything to get themselves noticed.

Eh? I'm not saying the Mcdoogal brothers are not talented, it's just that they're not as good as last years' 3rd place act Journey South. Every year Xfactor gets better as far as quality talent content is concerned, so therefore the only reason the Mcdonalds brothers are still in is down to kilt appeal.
  • Options
    Emma XxxEmma Xxx Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    They are crap .

Get over it. :yawn:
  • Options
    ebeneezergoodeebeneezergoode Posts: 7,260
    Forum Member
    Emma Xxx wrote:
    They are crap .

Get over it. :yawn:
    Some people beg to differ :D they have a lot more support than people think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    tflpunk wrote:
    Eh? I'm not saying the Mcdoogal brothers are not talented, it's just that they're not as good as last years' 3rd place act Journey South. Every year Xfactor gets better as far as quality talent content is concerned, so therefore the only reason the Mcdonalds brothers are still in is down to kilt appeal.
    Its the MacDonald Brothers actually..l see your stooping as low as Simon is by not calling them by their proper surname :rolleyes: how sad!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people beg to differ :D they have a lot more support than people think.

I think many realise they have lots of support by the fact they're managing to escape the last two - and beat people like 4sure, Dione and Robert ;)

Its more than obvious they have a very loyal support. I find it surprising that so many people rate them the most talented act and the best performance so far.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think many realise they have lots of support by the fact they're managing to escape the last two - and beat people like 4sure, Dione and Robert ;)

Its more than obvious they have a very loyal support. I find it surprising that so many people rate them the most talented act and the best performance so far.
    l was talking to some people today and they said they were putting votes the lads way because they felt sorry the way they were being made to look fools by Simon, so maybe a lot of people are voting for that reason as well but a lot of people l know like their voices too.Simon best watch what he is saying though as it may backfire on him :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    I think the MacDonald Brothers would sing Folk music very well!!!They would give Folk the boost they need!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    l was talking to some people today and they said they were putting votes the lads way because they felt sorry the way they were being made to look fools by Simon, so maybe a lot of people are voting for that reason as well but a lot of people l know like their voices too.Simon best watch what he is saying though as it may backfire on him :D

Well going by comments here I'd agree with you. I've heard more about 'they're nice guys' 'they didn't deserve that treatment' 'I'd love to see Simons face' 'they sing in tune' than I have people saying that they were really impressed by their talent and believe they have the x-factor - and for them they really performed better than anyone else there. (I'm not talking about thinking they're nice enough singers, or liking them as people, or thinking Simon was too harsh. I'm talking about believeing they have performed the best so far and are worthy of being voted in first place for those reasons alone).

Ben does nothing for me personally - I'd even put him in my bottom two - but at least the people who vote for Ben seem to genuinely think he is superior to the rest and has the x-factor for them, has that special voice that sets him out as being more worthy of winning than the rest. I might not agree with their opinion but at least they're talking about his singing and talent.

I know some people think I've got it in for the Mcdonald lads - I haven't. Its just I hate to see people getting voted in for reasons other than their performance alone. (I know you are somebody who does think the McDonald brothers are better than the rest based on performance - but there are a lot of people who seem to be supporting them for other reasons.
This discussion has been closed.