Options

The Warm and Tranquil Room! (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    daisydee wrote: »
    I felt there were many points in shefair's post that needed to be answered, and could only think of that way to do it - hope it made sense.
    But really shefair should not have chosen this thread in which to post her grievances, bearing in mind the title of the thread.

I agree with you but I must say that I have never read any of her posts as far as I can remeber or replied to any of her posts, dont know her either.
  • Options
    SupportSupport Posts: 70,853
    Administrator
    Please keep the discussion on-topic and relevant to Strictly Come Dancing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    It's turned out impossible to google for the Final date of SCD 2012, so I calculated the hard way:

October 5/6 -- 14 couples dancing -- elimination on 6th.
    October 13 -- 13 couples dancing.
    October 20 -- 12 couples dancing
    October 27 -- 11 couples dancing
    November 03 -- 10 couples dancing
    November 10 -- 9 couples dancing
    November 17 -- 8 couples dancing
    November 24 -- 7 couples dancing
    December 01 -- 6 couples dancing
    December 08 -- 5 couples dancing
    December 15 -- 4 couples dancing
    December 22 -- 3 couples dancing -- Final

This schedule does suggest the Final will be on December 22nd not on the 15th. ;)

Hello everyone I have a feeling there will be no elimination week one so there will be a double elimination the semi final
    What do people think?

I'm really looking forward to the weekend I'm going to a friends house for dinner and watching DVD as it should be with other dance onward mates
    I just wish we could make an evening of it with results also
    Hey ho
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,044
    Forum Member
    I felt there were many points in shefair's post that needed to be answered, and could only think of that way to do it - hope it made sense.
    But really shefair should not have chosen this thread in which to post her grievances, bearing in mind the title of the thread.

and since it was posts in this thread I was mainly objecting to where exactly do you suggest I should have posted?
  • Options
    soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    tvaddict37 wrote: »
    Hello everyone I have a feeling there will be no elimination week one so there will be a double elimination the semi final
    What do people think?

I'm really looking forward to the weekend I'm going to a friends house for dinner and watching DVD as it should be with other dance onward mates
    I just wish we could make an evening of it with results also
    Hey ho

Gethin's Girl and TVaddict37,

Have found BBC direct confirmation the Final will be on 22nd December:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/showsandtours/shows/tickets/date/12

Trying to get an answer from Zoe Ball, how 11 couples will be eliminated over 10 Saturdays if there is no elimination on 6th October. ;)
  • Options
    Force TenForce Ten Posts: 7,988
    Forum Member
    I'm sure I read somewhere that there would be no elimination the first weekend - which would make sense as I don't believe there is a Results Show on Sunday 7th.

They may have 4 couples in the Final - allowing for the possibility of one couple dropping out as has happened in the past when we've ended up with a 2 person Final. Or maybe they'll do two eliminations one week. I guess we'll have to wait and see.:D
  • Options
    fridgesoupfridgesoup Posts: 17,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Force Ten wrote: »
    I'm sure I read somewhere that there would be no elimination the first weekend - which would make sense as I don't believe there is a Results Show on Sunday 7th.

They may have 4 couples in the Final - allowing for the possibility of one couple dropping out as has happened in the past when we've ended up with a 2 person Final. Or maybe they'll do two eliminations one week. I guess we'll have to wait and see.:D

Hello :)
    Presumably it will be a double elimination in the semi-final to leave 3 going into the final, as per the last two years.
  • Options
    daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,647
    Forum Member
    shefair wrote: »
    and since it was posts in this thread I was mainly objecting to where exactly do you suggest I should have posted?

I think a 'Letting off Steam' thread would be good. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fridgesoup wrote: »
    Hello :)
    Presumably it will be a double elimination in the semi-final to leave 3 going into the final, as per the last two years.

I prefer a 3 couple final, much more interesting. But hey, I'm already thinking about the final and it hasn't even started yet! :p
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oops, wrong thread. :p
    Deleted
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Three days to go to the opening.

I hope our warm and tranquil thread will now return to just that.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three days to go to the opening.

I hope our warm and tranquil thread will now return to just that.

It is only three days until Strictly Come Dancing starts and I hope you get your wish, but don't hold your breath unfortunately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    It is only three days until Strictly Come Dancing starts and I hope you get your wish, but don't hold your breath unfortunately.

Usually most people leave us alone on this thread, we have existed for many years.
    I dont intend to hold my breath though as it seems that some people are hell bent on being disruptive and destructive. C'est la Vie i imagine.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usually most people leave us alone on this thread, we have existed for many years.
    I dont intend to hold my breath though as it seems that some people are hell bent on being disruptive and destructive. C'est la Vie i imagine.

Lets hope they have a change of heart when Strictly starts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is this thread a no go zone? It would be a real shame if new posters are purposefully discouraged by the regulars -- especially new posters who are temperamentally disposed to warmth and tranquility. :eek:

One Nation, and all that :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lets hope they have a change of heart when Strictly starts.

Could be pre strictly mania or something.!
    Just been watching Anton and Jerry doing the chacha for the weekend.
    Have to say Jerry is looking good, she can move and contrary to public belief Anton can do the Chacha;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could be pre strictly mania or something.!
    Just been watching Anton and Jerry doing the chacha for the weekend.
    Have to say Jerry is looking good, she can move and contrary to public belief Anton can do the Chacha;)

To be fair to him, he really does seem committed to helping Jerry learn to dance
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pet Monkey wrote: »
    Is this thread a no go zone? It would be a real shame if new posters are purposefully discouraged by the regulars -- especially new posters who are temperamentally disposed to warmth and tranquility. :eek:

No it isnt a no go zone, why would you think that. It is just the disruptive element we would rather not have
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No it isnt a no go zone, why would you think that. It is just the disruptive element we would rather not have

But then -- oh I dunno -- politically, emotionally, every way -- it strikes a harsh note to me to read who 'we would rather not have'. I guess I'm just more modern and inclusive than that. This is a public forum. But I don't want to cause difficulties.

Perhaps I should start an alternative 'Pet Monkey's Cosy Snug -- All Welcome Thread' where raucous and rowdy behaviour can take place in moderately tranquil surroundings. ;) It could double up as Daisy's Letting Off Steam Room. :eek:

Any hoo, will buzz off now
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are obviously of a different generation, I guess you must be much younger than the posters who started this thread.

The title of the thread should provide a clue.

why do you need to alter this thread which has been around for years and not got in anyones way?

Feel free to create your own thread, why not
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But then -- oh I dunno -- politically, emotionally, every way -- it strikes a harsh note to me to read who 'we would rather not have'. I guess I'm just more modern and inclusive than that. This is a public forum. But I don't want to cause difficulties.

Perhaps I should start an alternative 'Pet Monkey's Cosy Snug -- All Welcome Thread' where raucous and rowdy behaviour can take place in moderately tranquil surroundings. ;)It could double up as Daisy's Letting Off Steam Room. :eek:
    Any hoo, will buzz off now

Don't forget to bring your own towel - no nuddies. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't forget to bring your own towel - no nuddies. :eek:

Ha! :D I didn't notice that. A sauna and a snug combined... I love my warm beer too. Is there any possible improvement?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well me'n you are new to this thread petmonkey and we haven't been discouraged. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This will probably be the only haven for new posters that want to simply have a friendly chat about Strictly Come Dancing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This will probably be the only haven for new posters that want to simply have a friendly chat about Strictly Come Dancing.

That has always been the intention Terry and it has always worked before.