The Apprentice 2012 Candidates!

2»

Comments

• Miriam_RMiriam_R Posts: 4,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do candidates insist on using cliches all the time!

I'm not sure who the strong candiates will be, sometimes audition videos can be very decieveing because they can turn out to be the complete opposite of how they describe themseleves to be and are (whether good or bad) come the actual tasks. Some do look like wet wipes though, lol
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    Yikes who'd have thought that Katie would be the one given the 'useless' edit in the first episode.
    She had bigged herself up like she was going to be the 'arse-kicking, name-taking aggressive bulldog' out of the girls.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member
    Yikes who'd have thought that Katie would be the one given the 'useless' edit in the first episode.
    She had bigged herself up like she was going to be the 'arse-kicking, name-taking aggressive bulldog' out of the girls.

The press who had already seen the episode already mentioned that.

Though I am surprised that they were caught by the editing on the show (did anyone for instance notice Scottish Laura this episode??).

Even before the boardroom, Katie was one of the more noticable female candidates (in the zoo parts and offcourse the editing job done at the printing).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hasn't Ricky competed on Total Wipeout? lol
    I so recognise him from somewhere. He won the 3rd show of series 2 and competed in the champion of champions episode.

Yep, recognized him too; And I think Adam Corbally (the really blond guy) also competed on Total wipeout. Is that where they're getting their Apprentices from now?
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I don't usually watch The Apprentice (although I have watched all of the two junior series) and I didn't watch this one. But I switched on just in time for the 10 O'Clock news; it only took me about 10 seconds to know that I hate Liljana (or Liliana or whatever she is). Within 30 seconds I was thinking "Shut up you fool! When you're in a hole, stop digging!"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think last year, there were more interesting characters. I still remember some candidates from last year (even the annoying ones) - Tom, "Susan vs Zoe", Melody, Natasha Yeah, Edna, Jim, and the effeminate guy, Leon.

This year:
    Boys - I like Nick
    Girls - Maria & Gabrielle are probably the strongest ones. I've just got a feeling that Jane, Jenna & Katie will be annoying.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 451
    Forum Member
    I haven't really got much of an impression of the strongest candidates. Steve the salesman is already irritating me- he reminds me a lot of jedi jim from last year, except he's just annoying and less creepy than jim was. Jenna sounds like Fizz from Corrie and it's something about that kind of voice where whatever they say the way they say it makes them sound really thick. Sorry, I know that's harsh and she's probably not but...

That Irish lass and her face pulling already annoy me, and although she made a very good point about margins she just seems overly aggressive and I can see her rubbing people up the wrong way very quickly.

But as for the rest, I can't say there are any I really like yet. No one has really screamed excellence the way that Helen did last year, so we'll just have to see how these people develop.