Options

London Zoo

dawhiteydawhitey Posts: 195
Forum Member
Only watched this on iplayer last night so dont know if this has been said before...

If these girls think they have the best business brains since sliced bread, instead of standing and bitching about the Bulgarian girl trying to steal all their sales, would it not make sense for them to split up around London Zoo and try and make sales themselves. Im sure London Zoo is big enough for them to take a section each?

I'm sure they would have fared much better rather than the four of them marching up to someone. I would have given them a body swerve if i saw the four of them coming at me.

Just seems to me that most of the people on this show havent got any brains or common sense between them...

Comments

• Options
    stash22stash22 Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    Well they seemed to indicate that only one person was allowed to sell at a time, I was a little confused about that to be honest. I would have set up a stall in a busy area of the park- seem a bit dodgy running up to people trying to enforce clothing upon them. A nice stall with the products clearly displayed could have worked well.
  • Options
    Reggie RebelReggie Rebel Posts: 636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In previous series you have only been able to split up into two sub teams
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a stupid decision to go in the first place, but I hate it when people start bitching about stealing sales. Split up for goodness sake, take an order book and report back to each other every 30 mins or so
  • Options
    SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In previous series you have only been able to split up into two sub teams

That is true, but it doesn't stop them roaming around the same area.

I did think it odd that only one person at a time was allowed to sell.
  • Options
    ShrikeShrike Posts: 16,608
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think generally on The Apprentice, when the candidates do something bizzarre its usually do to rules we're not told about. for example, the 'no internet' rule for the treasure hunt wasn't made clear to us punters at home for years.
  • Options
    trollfacetrollface Posts: 13,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, they wouldn't be allowed to split up. There's 4 camera teams, so the teams can only split into 2 subteams, and those subteams can't split up at all.
  • Options
    allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trollface wrote: »
    No, they wouldn't be allowed to split up. There's 4 camera teams, so the teams can only split into 2 subteams, and those subteams can't split up at all.
    But they've always been allowed to sell individually on the same pitch. If there's a market stall they don't take it in turns to sell, they all go at it. It was comical to the group, each with a product tray, with one selling and the others clustering around waiting for their turn. Like something out of Angry Birds.

It would have made even less sense with a group of customers all wanting to buy, but only one girl allowed to sell. I think they misunderstood the rule about no further team sub-division as meaning only one sale at a time, rather than simply stay in the same general location.
  • Options
    thenetworkbabethenetworkbabe Posts: 45,624
    Forum Member
    SXTony wrote: »
    That is true, but it doesn't stop them roaming around the same area.

I did think it odd that only one person at a time was allowed to sell.

You can't have people selling without a camera and shadow. You could just phone a friend and get them to hand over some money..........Or even without cheating, you could miss the decisive sale on camera, and the story would make no sense. They don't have anything like enough cameras to cover everyone. So you have to have a large gaggle of apprentices going for the one buyer.

They probably also have a duty of care to the Apprentices - someone has to be near to look after them and deal with any problems.
  • Options
    CaroUKCaroUK Posts: 6,354
    Forum Member
    In which case they should have had a stall where they could all work alonmgside each other.

I still maintain that going to a zoo in winter was a daft choice - hardly anyone goes except at weekends as its mostly outside.
  • Options
    CressidaCressida Posts: 3,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaroUK wrote: »
    In which case they should have had a stall where they could all work alonmgside each other.

I still maintain that going to a zoo in winter was a daft choice - hardly anyone goes except at weekends as its mostly outside.

Any where near the London Eye would indeed be better. ;)