Driving Licence returned from Courts torn in two

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 595
Forum Member
✭✭
I've just had to send my licence off to have some points put on it (its a fair cop and I've no dispute with that)

But I sent both the paper and plastic card off in the plastic wallet provided by DVLA and its been returned without that and the paper bit has clearly been sliced in two and stuck back together with sellotape :confused:

I just wondered if I then have to present the paper bit anywhere else will it be an issue that its been torn and put back together. I know on the old paper ones they used to get really tatty and it was never a problem but I don't want to find out in future it will be.

I'm just a bit miffed as I didn't send it off in that state and my first instinct is to send it back and tell them to order me a new paper one as I don't see why I should have it sent back in a different state to how I sent it off.

All views welcome

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know that the DVLA don't issue the plastic wallets anymore so that could be a reason why they didn't return yours. As for the sellotape issue, while I realise that you are a 'bit miffed' that it's been returned in such a state, my licence has also been repaired with sellotape and I've had no problems (I have also had to send mine off for points in the past) - and I would assume that had it not been OK to do so that it wouldn't have been done. Like I say - ideally it shouldn't have happened, but the fact that it has shouldn't throw up any problems at any other time. You could try and get it replaced, but I doubt they'd do it without asking you to pay for it...