Options

CSI/CSi:NY/CSI:Miami (no unmarked spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight's CSI was different, better than last weeks pile of poo.
  • Options
    PickpussPickpuss Posts: 72,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was so tired last night I couldn't even stay awake for CSI so will have to catch the repeat tonight :)

Saw bits of it, and if Grissom taught Catherine that people didn't look above then why on earth didn't she do so the first time around. That did happen right, or did I dream it :o
  • Options
    Durham ViperDurham Viper Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pickpuss wrote: »
    Saw bits of it, and if Grissom taught Catherine that people didn't look above then why on earth didn't she do so the first time around. That did happen right, or did I dream it :o

Obviously, he didn't teach her that in her first 18 months as a CSI so she didn't know it on her first 'solo' case.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought perhaps it was something he'd taught her since her first solo assignment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sligorox wrote: »
    I thought perhaps it was something he'd taught her since her first solo assignment.

As I said I was asleep at the time :D
  • Options
    Chocolate MonkeChocolate Monke Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked last night's episode overall, but there was one big thing I didn't like. They find the fingerprint on the rock and a different set of fingerprints on the hammer. This fitted in with Jeremy Kent's story of what he said had happened. So on the surface, it looks like the evidence is leading them elsewhere. The CSI's have no other evidence to suggest that Jeremy Kent did it (this is before the back-track of the phonecall has been correctly analysed). The hammer seems to say that someone else did it. Despite that, they still try and make the evidence fit the theory that he did it. Because Catherine can't be wrong, even though the evidence that he was convicted on in the first place was not conclusive.

Now obviously we find out that he did do it. But as soon as they found the other fingerprint on the hammer, it wasn't not a case of 'Someone else was there, their fingerprints are on the weapon, it fits with what Jeremy Kent told us, he said he didn't do it, so this other person must have killed him' (as logic would have suggested), but instead it's 'Well Catherine thinks this fella did it, so he must have done it'.

Now, okay, they didn't ignore the evidence so to speak, but they tried to fit it around the fact that he did it, even though they had nothing else telling them he was there other than the rock, which he had explained. They should follow the evidence, not stick with the suspect they want (which would have ultimately led them back to Jeremy Kent yeah but still...).

It would never have happened in Grissom's day! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,588
    Forum Member
    I liked last night's episode overall, but there was one big thing I didn't like. They find the fingerprint on the rock and a different set of fingerprints on the hammer. This fitted in with Jeremy Kent's story of what he said had happened. So on the surface, it looks like the evidence is leading them elsewhere. The CSI's have no other evidence to suggest that Jeremy Kent did it (this is before the back-track of the phonecall has been correctly analysed). The hammer seems to say that someone else did it. Despite that, they still try and make the evidence fit the theory that he did it. Because Catherine can't be wrong, even though the evidence that he was convicted on in the first place was not conclusive.

Now obviously we find out that he did do it. But as soon as they found the other fingerprint on the hammer, it wasn't not a case of 'Someone else was there, their fingerprints are on the weapon, it fits with what Jeremy Kent told us, he said he didn't do it, so this other person must have killed him' (as logic would have suggested), but instead it's 'Well Catherine thinks this fella did it, so he must have done it'.

Now, okay, they didn't ignore the evidence so to speak, but they tried to fit it around the fact that he did it, even though they had nothing else telling them he was there other than the rock, which he had explained. They should follow the evidence, not stick with the suspect they want (which would have ultimately led them back to Jeremy Kent yeah but still...).

It would never have happened in Grissom's day! :)

I agree with this, it was a bit lets find a theory thats proves Katherine was right. This didnt sit well with me. I did apart from this enjoy the episode...it was something different.
  • Options
    Chocolate MonkeChocolate Monke Posts: 1,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AmjidS wrote: »
    I agree with this, it was a bit lets find a theory thats proves Katherine was right. This didnt sit well with me. I did apart from this enjoy the episode...it was something different.

Substitute Catherine with Horatio Caine and you have many early episodes of CSI: Miami.

That's why I went off Miami early on. It was more about Horatio's hunch being right than about the evidence and that wasn't what CSI was about (not Vegas anyway).

Until last night. Grissom would be turning in his jungle.
  • Options
    BatisseBatisse Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not enjoying CSI as much any more, I never thought I would end up enjoying New York more than the original but ove rthe last few weeks that has been the case :confused::confused:

I miss Grissom :(

I agree totally Chocolate Monke, last nights episode left a nasty taste in my mouse, the deliverate looking for further evidence to implicate Jeremy Kent was more to exonerate Catherine than to solve the crime

ANd another thing why was the evidence still available after 18 years on a solved case :confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Substitute Catherine with Horatio Caine and you have many early episodes of CSI: Miami.

That's why I went off Miami early on. It was more about Horatio's hunch being right than about the evidence and that wasn't what CSI was about (not Vegas anyway).

Until last night. Grissom would be turning in his jungle.

Agree about Miami, however Miami in a sense isnt as serious as Las Vegas and New York. You have to take Miami with a fistful of salt.

The plots in Miami tend to have big holes, big enough to land a plane in. Las Vegas and New York, tend to be a lot tighter. Excluding the hologram autopsy thingy in New York :D.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Batisse wrote: »
    I am not enjoying CSI as much any more, I never thought I would end up enjoying New York more than the original but ove rthe last few weeks that has been the case :confused::confused:

I miss Grissom :(

I agree totally Chocolate Monke, last nights episode left a nasty taste in my mouse, the deliverate looking for further evidence to implicate Jeremy Kent was more to exonerate Catherine than to solve the crime

ANd another thing why was the evidence still available after 18 years on a solved case :confused::confused:

I bet your mouse wasnt happy...they dont like a nasty taste in the mouth :D;)
  • Options
    Mr GigglesMr Giggles Posts: 18,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I must admit I've lost my love for CSI, I watch it still but this season really sucks, I still watch just in case of a good episode. I haven't caught up on the boxsets yet but I'm not buying this season, screw it.

I'm sticking with the other two formats which are still entertaining me but CSI Miami better watch it, went thru a dodgy patch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny's still hot headed isn't he, I hope he hasn't killed that bad man :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny's still hot headed isn't he, I hope he hasn't killed that bad man :eek:

Maybe not killed, maimed will do :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just as long as he doesn't get into trouble :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as long as he doesn't get into trouble :)

Nobody saw anything, he did nothing. A big boy done it and ran away:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lou Grant
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The son did it ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Batisse wrote: »
    Nobody saw anything, he did nothing. A big boy done it and ran away:D:D

Yep, I can vouch for the above M'lud :D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been watching CSI for about 7 years and I'm going off it a bit... I miss Grissom & Warrick!! :(

NY is my new favourite (Danny is gorgeous!) and I quite like Miami even tho it can be a bit dodgy... what with Horatio and his Sunglasses of Justice :D
  • Options
    sheddy99sheddy99 Posts: 5,760
    Forum Member
    Tonight's CSI is seriously disturbing :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chemical wrote: »
    I've been watching CSI for about 7 years and I'm going off it a bit... I miss Grissom & Warrick!! :(

NY is my new favourite (Danny is gorgeous!) and I quite like Miami even tho it can be a bit dodgy... what with Horatio and his Sunglasses of Justice :D

I agree with everything you just said, especially the Danny. he aint no Warwick but he will do :D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    pfft you can all keep Danny, Flack is mine all mine :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Flacktion man *swoon*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭