NCIS: UK - Could/should it happen?

2»

Comments

• rob blackrob black Posts: 236
    Forum Member
    FX ARE NOT SHOWING SERIES 7 UNTIL NEXT YEAR.

It is only episode 1 of series 7 for now (just like they did with the 1st episode of series 6 last year directly after the finale of season 5). NCIS series 7 is not being broadcast until 2010.

Source: FX themselves.
  • IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    I fell asleep during the NCIS:LA taster.

NCIS:UK - yes, if they'd import LJ Gibbs, Abby, Ducky, Ziva and McGee (ditch diNozzo) for the duration.
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    rob black wrote: »

It is only episode 1 of series 7 for now (just like they did with the 1st episode of series 6 last year directly after the finale of season 5). NCIS series 7 is not being broadcast until 2010.

I can't decide if that's clever or pointless. I'd much rather they just showed the thing the following week whatever, even if it meant breaks as the Yanks do.

Regards

Mark
  • ShadowlandsShadowlands Posts: 1,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    alternate wrote: »
    Nice one. Now find some cash to bring Colbert back and make me happy.

and widescreen on the main channel too. I don't think anyone else runs a HD channel and has such a poor quality feed on their main channel :D

I believe we're actually moving towards that, of course I could be wrong and this could all be a lie..
  • Durham ViperDurham Viper Posts: 567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I guess I can give you the news exclusively as you've asked us ever so nicely to pull our fingers out.

We'll be showing season 7 from next Friday.. Two weeks after the US airdate.

Happy now?

Not according to Digiguide. It says FX is showing a Season 7 Preview next Friday, then on the following Fridays they're starting season 2 of Burn Notice at 9pm.
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not according to Digiguide. It says FX is showing a Season 7 Preview next Friday, then on the following Fridays they're starting season 2 of Burn Notice at 9pm.

That sounds about right - Burn Notice was always on a Friday and they did the same thing last year when Season 5 finished.
  • Mark AMark A Posts: 7,692
    Forum Member
    Shame that Burn Notice S2 has been available on DVD for about four months over in the US, so that's another show I don't need to set the plus for.

Regards

Mark
  • PunkchickPunkchick Posts: 2,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rob black wrote: »

Actually it is not just episode 1, but the whole of season 7 that will air in the Fridays at 10pm. Burn Notice will premiere on Mondays at 10pm from 12th October.
  • a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jonwo wrote: »
    While I like NCIS, I don't an NCIS: UK would work as well although I thought L&O: UK was pretty good so I could be proved wrong although I would rather see CSI: London before NCIS: UK. NCIS: LA is good but not great.

If there were an NCIS: UK where would it be based? NCIS is based in Washington DC.

if they had a europe version they would be best to base it in Italy as that is where the field office is based.
    the uk is covered by italy so best to have a NCIS: Europe
  • a01020304a01020304 Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NCIS: Los Angeles just does not cut it,they should have really kept the original title which was NCIS: Undercover as that is more appropriate for the content of the show.
  • alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    a01020304 wrote: »
    NCIS: Los Angeles just does not cut it,they should have really kept the original title which was NCIS: Undercover as that is more appropriate for the content of the show.

It is getting good numbers in the states so I suspect they are happy with it - although I agree I didn't like the back-door pilot.

Credit to FX if they show all of the new series with little delay - althoughj like with "House" I am feeling a little NCIS fatigue and would not have argued over a few months break.

It seems this year really is a trial year for UK networks - they all seem to be dabbling with showing US shows near to air date - Sky going the whole hog after dabbling last year. I just hope the inevitable backlash over the weeks that the US skips is a minority and doesn't put them off.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am feeling a little NCIS fatigue and would not have argued over a few months break..

The scary thing for me is that Season 6 was 26 episodes, and if Season 7 is the same, we're potentially going to have brand new NCIS for an entire year ...

*edit*

Just checked the Sky EPG for next friday and it bills it as "NCIS Season 7 Preview".

The information box states "NCIS Season 7 Coming to FX in 2010".

So there you go ...
    Forum Member
    Punkchick wrote: »
    Actually it is not just episode 1, but the whole of season 7 that will air in the Fridays at 10pm. Burn Notice will premiere on Mondays at 10pm from 12th October.

Someone better tell FX what they are showing because they certainly aren't promoting like you say. Don't tell me that they are that useless as to not know their own schedules!!!

Burn Notice is premiereing in the NCIS slot from the 16th according to the guys at FX.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Rob. As Shadowlands has explained - in an HD thread, responding to the same points - it was a very last minute schedule amendment last week. He works for FX. So do I. I made the amendment - it became apparent that the logistics of running quick behind the US was possible, and that we could show at least 9 episodes before US haitus' might affect us (but that close to Christmas, probably not).

There's no imcompetance here, and listings sites don't all change at once. Even ours, unfortunately. All on air messages should point to Burn Notice premiering Mondays at 10pm, and straight into NCIS 7 from next Friday.

Cheers.
  • XIVXIV Posts: 21,548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine with FX showing NCIS straight away, Five will also show NCIS back to back as they don't start series 6 till January and under their current arrangements, the rights don't begin until December so I imagine they will get to show the series earlier too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Vertigo93 wrote: »
    Hi Rob. As Shadowlands has explained - in an HD thread, responding to the same points - it was a very last minute schedule amendment last week. He works for FX. So do I. I made the amendment - it became apparent that the logistics of running quick behind the US was possible, and that we could show at least 9 episodes before US haitus' might affect us (but that close to Christmas, probably not).

There's no imcompetance here, and listings sites don't all change at once. Even ours, unfortunately. All on air messages should point to Burn Notice premiering Mondays at 10pm, and straight into NCIS 7 from next Friday.

Cheers.

I do think this is fantastic - I'd much rather keep pace with the US even if it does mean mid season breaks along the way. Thanks FX - pretty much the best channel there is :D Though I do have one bugbear - the ad breaks are far too frequent and the constant repeat of the same show trailers at every single ad break drives me mad.

But a small price to pay for having season 7 NCIS on from next week and amazing series like True Blood and Dexter.
  • PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is getting good numbers in the states so I suspect they are happy with it - although I agree I didn't like the back-door pilot.

Credit to FX if they show all of the new series with little delay - althoughj like with "House" I am feeling a little NCIS fatigue and would not have argued over a few months break.

It seems this year really is a trial year for UK networks - they all seem to be dabbling with showing US shows near to air date - Sky going the whole hog after dabbling last year. I just hope the inevitable backlash over the weeks that the US skips is a minority and doesn't put them off.

Do you not think they're doing this to discourage or reduce downloading and hoping that people will think "I'm not gonna bother downloading when it's on here in three or four days time"?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I would prefer a CSI:UK

but Law and Order:UK was pretty bad compared to the US version, so maybe we shouldn't take the risk.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Do you not think they're doing this to discourage or reduce downloading and hoping that people will think "I'm not gonna bother downloading when it's on here in three or four days time"?

Unfortunately for some people it still won't make a difference.

I've read on this forum about people who subscribe to Sky and yet still download "Lost" on Thursday, even though the episode is due on Sky on the Sunday - 3 days later.

One excuse was "at least it doesn't have adverts..." :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Vertigo93 wrote: »

Cheers.

No problem Vertigo.... I've also just posted in the other thread and explained my confusion concerning the two new series (Burn Notice and NCIS). Like I said there, "Glad to be proved wrong :) "

Looking forward now to more new NCIS, fantastic news!!!!
  • Berties AssettsBerties Assetts Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »

Well it won't discourage me as i have no intention ever to subscribe to muroch tv, downloading means we see it without adverts and we refuse to wait for it to appear on tv, although we do usually then re watch the episodes when they eventually get shown on Five.