Options

Racism blah blah - blah. Blah blah blah !

2»

Comments

• Options
    2+2=52+2=5 Posts: 24,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    darkisland wrote: »
    Desmond's was very good. Featuring a young Lenny H.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBQSUjIt0ds
    Just a random 3 minutes worth but it's worth its weight in comedy gold compared to full episodes of some others.

RIP Norman Beaton.
  • Options
    Satan SlaveSatan Slave Posts: 460
    Forum Member
    Header a racist today! :)
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone remember a more sympathetic 'race' sitcom which featured a white man married to a black girl

probably 80s

I enjoyed that one at the time
  • Options
    Thunder LipsThunder Lips Posts: 1,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't bloody stand blah people.
  • Options
    ElCantoDelLocoElCantoDelLoco Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Does anyone remember a more sympathetic 'race' sitcom which featured a white man married to a black girl

probably 80s

I think it was called Mixed Blessings - I can remember I used to fancy the bloke in it but can't remember his name. Maybe should have googled before posting!!
  • Options
    nanscombenanscombe Posts: 16,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »

probably 80s

Mixed Blessings?
    The show starred Christopher Blake, later of That's My Boy, and Muriel Odunton as newlyweds Thomas Simpson, who was white, and Susan Lambert, who was black. Most plots revolved around both families' disapproval of their inter-racial marriage
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's it...........Mixed Blessings

I see it was written by Sid Green who I believe was the Sid in 'Dick and Sid'...........writers for the Morecambe and Wise shows
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it was called Mixed Blessings - I can remember I used to fancy the bloke in it but can't remember his name. Maybe should have googled before posting!!

oh dear.............just looking this up and the actor died in 2004

He was such a fresh faced young chap in that sitcom...........:mad:
  • Options
    MRSgotobedMRSgotobed Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    2+2=5 wrote: »
    Just a random 3 minutes worth but it's worth its weight in comedy gold compared to full episodes of some others.

RIP Norman Beaton.

I watch Desmond's whenever I can catch it, until recently was on the Africa channel at 7pm every weeknight. Still brilliant.
  • Options
    darkislanddarkisland Posts: 3,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    2+2=5 wrote: »

RIP Norman Beaton.

Just as bad as I remember. A joke about a bloke not understanding what consecutive means? And you reckon that link was some of the best of it?:eek:

We did suffer badly for the sake of political correctness. It was as if TV execs wanted to atone for all the racist comics that had been broadcast in the 1970s. I remember a fashion for black standup comedians in the 1980s; they were just as racist as the likes of Jim Davidson, Bernard Manning et al and just as unfunny because of it.