Options

Iphone ringtone/music

WouterWouter Posts: 2,248
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hello DS Geniuses,

I'm trying to complete my life by having Matt LeBlanc's 'Episodes' (two time by "Two Time" by Syd Dale) ringtone as my own ringtone on my Iphone 4S (I know don't mention...). It's easy enough to download this on to the phone, but I can't seem to be able to link it to a ringtone.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    GrayburnGrayburn Posts: 333
    Forum Member
    Wouter wrote: »
    Hello DS Geniuses,

I'm trying to complete my life by having Matt LeBlanc's 'Episodes' (two time by "Two Time" by Syd Dale) ringtone as my own ringtone on my Iphone 4S (I know don't mention...). It's easy enough to download this on to the phone, but I can't seem to be able to link it to a ringtone.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Why not run it through an app on your computer called iRinger. This then puts it in the tones folder in iTunes and then you can drag it your devices tones folder.

Pretty sure there's iphone apps that might be able to do this too.
  • Options
    WouterWouter Posts: 2,248
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grayburn wrote: »
    Why not run it through an app on your computer called iRinger. This then puts it in the tones folder in iTunes and then you can drag it your devices tones folder.

Pretty sure there's iphone apps that might be able to do this too.

I'll have to try that, thanks for the suggestion, will see if there's an App for that.

I should say that I've rarely/never connected my phone to my PC, so I'm having to work from the mobile. Perhaps I'm showing my age, but I generally use my phone for making calls, and at a push, for browsing/emails.
  • Options
    BKMBKM Posts: 6,912
    Forum Member
    Grayburn wrote: »
    You can do this with iTunes as well!!! Using entirely iTunes features you trim a 30-second or less segment out of ANY of your music tracks - rename this to .mpr filetype - and then let iTunes install this as a ringtone to the iPhone.

Instructions located at http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/audio/make-song-your-iphone-ringtone-3274143/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BKM wrote: »
    You can do this with iTunes as well!!! Using entirely iTunes features you trim a 30-second or less segment out of ANY of your music tracks - rename this to .mpr filetype - and then let iTunes install this as a ringtone to the iPhone.

Instructions located at http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/audio/make-song-your-iphone-ringtone-3274143/

Yeah i did know this but have never tried it as i like the fade in & fade out option on iRinger.
  • Options
    cliversclivers Posts: 106
    Forum Member
    Use iringer
    http://www.iringer.net/
    Load the file and save the bit you want as a m4r.
    you need to use itunes to transfer the tone to the phone. drag the file to the tones section to itunes to sync it to your phone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There's an echo in here ;-)