Options

Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 10)

Comments

• Options
    greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All what he has done for her!
    Telling her she smells, laughing at her, letting the Girls hit her and shout at her. Leaving her at home and using her mobility car for his and the girls pleasure, refusing to take her back to the Stables where she enjoyed herself. I could go on and on. I do wish people would stop feeding his obsession that he's hard done by, it's all his own doing.
  • Options
    orangesmartieorangesmartie Posts: 3,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Aud's left? She's actually left?!?!?!?!?! Why don't we have better smilies? Not only is my flabber totally gasted but I want to pop the champagne!

Blimey, I never thought I'd see the day. As Phil was obsessed with his daughters and actively seemed to loathe his wife I'm surprised he's so bothered TBH but then again she'll have taken her benefits with her won't she? And he'll no longer get carers allowance for 'looking after' her. Oooh I bet things are a bit tight in the Chawner household now.

I'm fascinated to know where Audrey's gone? Into a care home for the elderly perhaps? IIRC she's a year or two older than Phil does she qualify? It'll have to be somewhere where you're looked after though as she barely gets out of her chair! But who got her out of there?

As Audrey seemed to be the other threes 'whipping boy' (not that I'm saying she was perfect) I do wonder what will happen now with Phil, Emma and Sam left to fester? My thoughts are that Phil and Emma will turn their attention on Sam. Run Sam, get out of there!!!!

Mind you the really big question is: what's happened to the LazyAud?!?! :o:D

And mine!!! Also, don't they have the car under the mobility scheme for Aud? So that car will go too...
  • Options
    johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And mine!!! Also, don't they have the car under the mobility scheme for Aud? So that car will go too...

Philth will probably (and coincidentally) 'acquire' a disability! Maybe he could get Bell's Paisley, like Kerry Katona's (soon-to-be-ex) husband?:D
  • Options
    TaintedmeatTaintedmeat Posts: 1,228
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I help Aud is alright does she use Facebook ?
  • Options
    Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    johartuk wrote: »
    Philth will probably (and coincidentally) 'acquire' a disability! Maybe he could get Bell's Paisley, like Kerry Katona's (soon-to-be-ex) husband?:D
    Surely his Helicopter Pylons is a disability? Bless his chubby heart.
  • Options
    silly sausagesilly sausage Posts: 1,469
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    Wow! I am really quite shocked that Audrey actually went through with it. Hopefully she'll actually get proper care and be encouraged to eat a healthy diet. Although if they start telling her she can't have her hot cross buns and trifles, it might send her straight back to Phil!

I echo the suggestion that Sam needs to get out ASAP - she'll be the new scapegoat for the odious team of Phil and Emma :(

Is it wrong I wish Bio Channel still existed? Maybe we need to tweet Director Dan and see if he fancies going to get some footage! I would love to see what's going on.

sam is every bit as odious as the other two, she was vile hitting her mother the way she did, acting all jealous and spoiling Emma's few days away at bootcamp where she actually began to shine. As long it was all about Sam, sam was happy, but she could never stand to see any attention go to Emma. All that cash wasted on sending her to America, and now look she's the size of the entire chawner family put together, I bet Aud comes back, this will all be a ploy to get the cameras back, because they've realised they're complete non entities again. The way Lorraine Kelly and the other three humiliated and mocked Aud was disgraceful and the cameras should never go back, they deserve to be ignored and left to rot on their settee watching TV and starving to death because they're too lazy to walk to the fridge to get the pies out.
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,923
    Forum Member
    Surely his Helicopter Pylons is a disability? Bless his chubby heart.

Helicopter pylons always makes me think of haemorrhoids for some reason.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Helicopter pylons always makes me think of haemorrhoids for some reason.:D

Same here!:D
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    sam is every bit as odious as the other two, she was vile hitting her mother the way she did, acting all jealous and spoiling Emma's few days away at bootcamp where she actually began to shine. As long it was all about Sam, sam was happy, but she could never stand to see any attention go to Emma. All that cash wasted on sending her to America, and now look she's the size of the entire chawner family put together, I bet Aud comes back, this will all be a ploy to get the cameras back, because they've realised they're complete non entities again. The way Lorraine Kelly and the other three humiliated and mocked Aud was disgraceful and the cameras should never go back, they deserve to be ignored and left to rot on their settee watching TV and starving to death because they're too lazy to walk to the fridge to get the pies out.

I have to disagree to an extent. They are a terribly toxic family with an awful dynamic, but Sam had shown much more promise than her sister throughout the shows. Emma is clearly the 'golden child', hence she is has a very entitled attitude and never made as much an effort to lose weight as Sam, presumably because she is used to getting her own way. She was very good at manipulating her awful father and seemed to enjoy making situations worse for Sam (like the time Phil found out about Sam's internet boyfriend).

Sam did behave badly when Emma went to the bootcamp, she was clearly jealous, and used the situation to imitate Emma's usual behaviour of manipulating their father into going against her sister.

As for Sam hitting Audrey and their poor relationship, in my view Sam (and all the Chawners) has terrible social and communication skills, and would resort to hitting and screaming in frustration because she cannot articulate exactly why she is so mad at Audrey (for being a cold and uncaring mother, obviously). Emma did not behave as badly in the same way because she was more cared for, having a closer relationship with Phil and clearly being his favourite. You can see that Emma is more confident, probably because she feels more loved (if you can even call it that - the Chawner's toxic version of family love, involving boob grabbing and everything!)

Like I said, a very toxic family. They would all be far better off away from each other, so I'm pleased Audrey is out of there. It doesn't take a genius to see, however, as previously stated, that Sam is the next in line to be the family scapegoat because she is now the least important Chawner in Phil's messed up, dictator style family ruling.

Edited to add: Emma is just as big as Sam now, if not bigger. Maybe it is a ploy to get the cameras back but seeing as Bio Channel is long gone, it's not a very well-thought out one :D
  • Options
    AlberonAlberon Posts: 482
    Forum Member
    A few little Phil comments from Facebook. Around posting baby pictures of his granddaughter again and reposting a tribute to Cilla Black he's had this to say about him and Audrey.
    no i will not have her back
    It was the 5th of june been married for 29 years this july 30th and now she said she has made a big mistake by going xx
    She has cume back twice and I will not have her back for what she put me throw and now she got to do everything for her self

Now, obviously we're only hearing Phil's side of this, so we've no idea if she really is trying to cume... sorry, come back, but he seems quite adamant he doesn't want her back. Phil might have lost some benefits but he's got what he wanted - the house to himself and his girls.
  • Options
    BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Would not surprise me at all if this was a ploy to get their mugs out there again, possibly another Chawner series on TV. If it's for real though, I hope Audrey gets far away. Getting out from under Phil's thumb would be good for Sam and Emma too. They have a parasitic relationship with one another I think, they need each other but not in the way that normal families do.
  • Options
    Fraudrey CFraudrey C Posts: 292
    Forum Member
    Such a shame Audrey doesn't realise how much she empowered herself by walking away, and now she is giving all that power back to the toxic trio by grovelling back to them. This could have been a golden opportunity to turn her life around for good. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Phil will NEVER forgive Audrey....... For taking "his" ipad! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She probably pissed on it lol
  • Options
    seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like the Chawns may be in with a cha(w)nce, the back of this week's What's On TV has an ad asking for "plus-size families" who are "loud, proud and comfortable in their own skins" to go to a website if they want to be on a new TV show ...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Purleeeze god nooooooooooooooooooooo!:o:o:o
  • Options
    Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,372
    Forum Member
    Looks like the Chawns may be in with a cha(w)nce, the back of this week's What's On TV has an ad asking for "plus-size families" who are "loud, proud and comfortable in their own skins" to go to a website if they want to be on a new TV show ...

Someone should let Phil know on Facebook... Or maybe not :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mrs Checks wrote: »
    Someone should let Phil know on Facebook... Or maybe not :o

Oh yes, I'd love to see them on TV again.we might find out exactly what happened with Audrey. All we know now is it wasn't their fault.i might drop Phil a line.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh come on, we need our Chawner fix. :D
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well at least this time they'd be being honest in that they're fat and are happy with it - not pretending they want to lose weight just to get on the telly like previously!

I really hope that Aud hasn't gone crawling back there twice giving Phil to chance to turn her way :( He'd bloody love that.
  • Options
    Blue_SpikelashBlue_Spikelash Posts: 4
    Forum Member
    Just to say I've had a deadline *whoosh! - sound of it rushing past* and you bad bad people have had me, instead of writing, spurting my coffee over the laptop, while reading the ongoing saga of Chawner Towers.

I'm very surprised they haven't surfaced again recently in Closer, to explain their 'agony' at Aud's betrayal. Please please please!:)

On a slightly more serious note, I've just read Sarah Bosely's The Shape we're In (How junk food and diets are shortening our lives) and one of the main points is that obese people usually have a strong emotional reason for the overeating. I'm not making excuses for the Chawners - they have had shedloads of real help which they've moaned and whined their way through, but Bosely cites several cases, one of whom was Georgia Davis (the UK's fattest teen). She was gawped at and regarded as a freak, and the Sun 'helped' her by sending her to a fat camp but once back home she had no support and back up from her mum who didn't cook but lived off takeaways. And most importantly she started overeating because she was her depressed mother's carer from the age of eight.

My point is that as many have said here, Emma and Sam, although you want to shake and slap them, have been brought up in an angry, manipulative and toxic environment with their horrible controlling father and blank Audrey. On several occasions I saw Sam crying (yes she's manipulative) but as a mum myself, I couldn't just let my child cry. Not only do Phil and Aud never comfort her but they just look blank.

The most useful part was when they sent in Philip Hodson the counsellor. But they would have needed months of counselling to even begin to understand the family dynamic. And again as many of you have wisely pointed out, Emma and Sam need to leave but they won't. You can see them in twenty years time, vying for Phil's attention, as he slowly rots away in his easy chair. Urrgh.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen The Chawners on Nightmare neighbour again. I don't know when it was filmed, but I would say that Emma has surpassed Aud in size. She is ginormous.
  • Options
    seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It aired in April 2014 so was probably filmed some time the previous year?

And in case anyone wanted to watch that episode again and reminisce, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZapwY9Ueu_w
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It aired in April 2014 so was probably filmed some time the previous year?

And in case anyone wanted to watch that episode again and reminisce, here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZapwY9Ueu_w

So she might be even bigger now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 'chocolate orange' explanation for the banging on the walls (and Aud's demonstration of it...did she eat a whole one during the filming of that bit?) was priceless!:D

Emma was enormous in the documentary - she looks like she's turning into Aud!:o

Incidentally, Aud could hire herself out as a TV guide - she seems to know the whole TV schedule!:D