September start date

Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
Forum Member
✭✭✭
TellyMix and a few others are saying the new series will start in September. I'd have preferred October as it would mean having the final around Christmas time again. But it isn't really a big deal.

Comments

• george.millmangeorge.millman Posts: 8,628
    Forum Member
    Maybe they're trying to do it early so that the following series (assuming there is one - has anyone heard?) can be broadcast next summer, and then they can gradually move back into their traditional spring to early summer slot.
  • Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they're trying to do it early so that the following series (assuming there is one - has anyone heard?) can be broadcast next summer, and then they can gradually move back into their traditional spring to early summer slot.
    Well if the BBC want to kill the show, that's the way to do it. Autumn/Winter is definitely the place to stay ratings-wise if they want to maximise the show's ratings potential.
    Forum Member
    Dan R wrote: »
    Well if the BBC want to kill the show, that's the way to do it. Autumn/Winter is definitely the place to stay ratings-wise if they want to maximise the show's ratings potential.

Well, I suppose, but not including Young Apprentice, there have only been two series that haven't been broadcast around the Spring/Summer period (three if you count this new one) so generally it has done quite well in that slot.
  • marke09marke09 Posts: 12,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Doubt they will show it next summer as August is Olympic Games month
    Forum Member
    marke09 wrote: »
    Doubt they will show it next summer as August is Olympic Games month

Well, if they started late April, it would be completed by early July.
  • hownwbrowncowhownwbrowncow Posts: 6,188
    Forum Member
    I hope this is true. The sooner the better!

I'm also hoping we get a Series 12 next Spring. And I'm sure we will get another series next year.
  • DazzaSDazzaS Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    I'm willing to best it will start on Tuesday 13th October then second episode the next day then every Wednesday after that the great British bake off is currently on so BBC probably won't want to mix the two but will wait until it finishes on 7th October
    Forum Member
    I wonder if it'll start 16th September? Because there's a one-off documentary the week before in TA's timeslot. But I feel like if it was starting that soon, we'd have had a trailer or something by now.

Perhaps the September start date rumour is untrue anyway.
  • TogglerToggler Posts: 4,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait, yippee.

Still very sad about the loss of the inimitable Stuart Baggs, he really was a great contestant. "I’m not a one-trick pony, I’m not a 10-trick pony, I’m a whole field of ponies..." Bless him.
  • Dr. LinusDr. Linus Posts: 6,445
    Forum Member
    It makes sense to wait until Bake Off finishes. That way they can maximise the number of killer Wednesdays during the calendar. Neither show needs to rely on each other, they will always do extremely well by themselves. Give each one the space to anchor the night and BBC thereby rules Wednesdays from August right through to Christmas.

So by my calculations... Tuesday 13th/Wednesday 14th October is a very safe bet.

Although, thinking about it, there is a slight chance they might choose to put one of the first two episodes after the Bake Off final. Gifting a huge, huge audience to The Apprentice at the beginning of the series could set it up for a great run. Probably won't happen though because as I say, The Apprentice doesn't really require that kind of boost.
    Forum Member
    TV listings pretty much confirm it'll follow last year's pattern, starting with a double bill in the week beginning 12th October. Kind of disappointed but hey ho, only 6 weeks to go!
  • Dan RDan R Posts: 2,201
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TV listings pretty much confirm it'll follow last year's pattern, starting with a double bill in the week beginning 12th October. Kind of disappointed but hey ho, only 6 weeks to go!
    That's great as I love having the final right before Christmas! :D
  • HeatherbellHeatherbell Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    Dr. Linus wrote: »
    It makes sense to wait until Bake Off finishes. That way they can maximise the number of killer Wednesdays during the calendar. Neither show needs to rely on each other, they will always do extremely well by themselves. Give each one the space to anchor the night and BBC thereby rules Wednesdays from August right through to Christmas.

So by my calculations... Tuesday 13th/Wednesday 14th October is a very safe bet.

Although, thinking about it, there is a slight chance they might choose to put one of the first two episodes after the Bake Off final. Gifting a huge, huge audience to The Apprentice at the beginning of the series could set it up for a great run. Probably won't happen though because as I say, The Apprentice doesn't really require that kind of boost.
    I agree. It's so much better when shows flow nicely on from each other and Bake Off and Apprentice are two of my favourites . I know we can record on our Tivo , but watching 'live' is so much better I think .
    Can't wait to see the next crop of wannabe entrepreneurs and I just LOVE when the boastfilled VTs come back to haunt them , because I'm cruel :) .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thhe final Wont be on the Sunday before Christmas this year as tnat spot is Sports Review of the Year night
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a new 5 part drama starts next Wednesday so that takes us uo to a possible startvdate of October 14
  • R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    marke09 wrote: »
    a new 5 part drama starts next Wednesday so that takes us uo to a possible startvdate of October 14

I agree with this. I think we're looking at 14th October, maybe the week after?
  • R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    I wonder whether we will have 20 candidates again this year, I hope so. I really hope we have a double bill for the beginning of the new series. Tuesday 13th October & Wednesday 14th October maybe?
    Forum Member
    I wonder whether we will have 20 candidates again this year, I hope so. I really hope we have a double bill for the beginning of the new series. Tuesday 13th October & Wednesday 14th October maybe?

I don't expect so, I think that was just for the tenth year.

Anyway, I don't think it really worked last year. Nick and Karren went on record saying that they didn't like that because it made the teams harder to follow. There were so many people who didn't really get a chance to shine. The early episodes seemed to be about reducing the numbers of candidates as soon as possible - I think the series flowed a lot better beyond Week 4 when we were back to the ordinary numbers of candidates, but getting rid of so many so early on did make me question what the point was.
    Forum Member
    I don't expect so, I think that was just for the tenth year.

Anyway, I don't think it really worked last year. Nick and Karren went on record saying that they didn't like that because it made the teams harder to follow. There were so many people who didn't really get a chance to shine. The early episodes seemed to be about reducing the numbers of candidates as soon as possible - I think the series flowed a lot better beyond Week 4 when we were back to the ordinary numbers of candidates, but getting rid of so many so early on did make me question what the point was.

I'd settle for 18, but it does look like there'll only be 16 this year, which I am pleased about... I'd prefer that to 20.

Only a month to go! (I think...)
    Forum Member
    I'd settle for 18, but it does look like there'll only be 16 this year, which I am pleased about... I'd prefer that to 20.

Only a month to go! (I think...)

To be honest, that's one of the reasons I preferred Young Apprentice. I liked having twelve candidates, it meant that you could notice everyone pretty quickly, and the edit could be more reliable as there weren't so many candidates to fit in. For the same reasons, I though Series 1 and 2 had something that has been lost. 16 is fine, but I think that's the absolute maximum really.
  • NoEntry2kNoEntry2k Posts: 14,985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with this. I think we're looking at 14th October, maybe the week after?

The recording dates for The Apprentice: You’re Fired! have been announced – the first few are Sunday 11th October, Monday 12th October, and then every Monday afterwards until the final one on Monday 14th December.

So it’s probably a safe assumption that the series will start with 2 episodes sometime w/c 12/10/15.
    Forum Member
    NoEntry2k wrote: »
    The recording dates for The Apprentice: You’re Fired! have been announced – the first few are Sunday 11th October, Monday 12th October, and then every Monday afterwards until the final one on Monday 14th December.

So it’s probably a safe assumption that the series will start with 2 episodes sometime w/c 12/10/15.

Cool. Thanks for posting this. So it's definitely 4 weeks to go! Shame it's not a September start tbh, but oh well, all the more time to get excited... I imagine we will get the first trailer of sorts at some point this week...
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't wait. It's become like a tradition for me now.
    Forum Member
    So, we are entering run-up season - we pretty much know it'll start in the same week as last year (week beginning 12th October).

I absolutely love the run up to the show, and I have done some research/guesswork about when trailers, exclusives, and the candidate reveal will take place, based on Series 9 and 10.

Series 9
    Fri 12th April: First trailer ('Finger of Fear') [3 weeks, 4 days]
    Fri 19th April: Teaser clip on the website with soundbites of the candidates [2 weeks, 4 days]
    Tues 30th April: The candidate reveal [1 week]
    Fri 3rd May: A second set of trailers released, showing the candidates talking about themselves [4 days]

Series 10
    Sat 27th Sep: First trailer (repeat of Series 9's one) [2 weeks, 3 days]
    Wed 1st - Sat 4th Oct: Candidate 'teasers' posted on Twitter and website [1 week, 6 days - 1 week, 3 days]
    Tues 7th Oct: Candidate reveal [1 week] AND trailer featuring the clips from the series [1 week]

Seeing as Series 11 is airing at the same time as Series 10, so I think Series 10 is more reliable as a guide.

Based on this I think we can expect a preliminary trailer next weekend, and the candidates to be revealed in about 2 and a half weeks. How exciting!
  • BlokeeBlokee Posts: 644
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC1 has a TBA on Sun 4 October at 9PM for an hour and BBC2 has a TBA at 10PM for 30 mins that night as well...