Options

Plumbers caused damage, what can we do?

2»

Comments

• Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately I didn't record the conversation; we were not expecting the plumbers at all; just the letting agents.

They were taking the piss a bit, if they even had the decency to honour the fact that it could have been done by them and discuss reasonably it wouldn't have been too bad, but they came in with the mindset that it cannot have been them and basically tried to make me out to be a liar.

I'm going to call my insurance company, they don't think they offer legal advice. I don't take court action lightly - so I'll probably see if I can compromise with them to get it sorted through my solicitors. As its my business equipment thats damaged I can do that, so hopefully that will be fruitful.

The landlord is on side and knows I'm going to try and get my stuff replaced and (I dont know if this is accurate) but he said he'd hold the letting agents partially responsible as they agreed the work with the plumbers, he just agreed the work to be done with these guys on the letting agents advice.

He is dealing with the carpets and poor finishing off himself, so I dont have to worry about that.