A Thread For Anyone, Any Gigs, and A More General Discussion of Everything (Part 4)

Comments

• mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    I'm still here, cnbc :)
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Cool :cool: I'm just taking a quick break from dissertation writing. It's so tedious I'm getting fed up with it, but I'd better hang in there! I've only a few weeks left.
    Forum Member
    Afternoon

How are you all? I start my new job on Saturday. It's in a supermarket so hopefully I'll be able to find something full time when I'm there.

I'm watching re-runs of "Nashville" series 2 at the moment. :)
    Forum Member
    Morning

I've had Sia's "1000 Forms of Fear" recommended to me so I'm listening to it on Apple Music at the moment. I really liked her album "We Are Born". This album seems to have taken a completely different direction.

What are you all listening to?
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mimicole wrote: »
    Afternoon

How are you all? I start my new job on Saturday. It's in a supermarket so hopefully I'll be able to find something full time when I'm there.

I'm watching re-runs of "Nashville" series 2 at the moment. :)

Good luck for tomorrow Mimi. I think that if you don't mind it there could be some full-time jobs there.

I was supposed to be working tomorrow but have taken drastic action to get out of it. I have already worked 2 Saturdays this month anyway!

Although I have kinda lost my attentiveness to new music that enabled me to do list of my favourite songs of the year, I quite unusually like at least 3 songs at present. I think I have already shared John Newman with Come & Get It and Maroon 5 with This Summer. The other is Little Mix with Black Magic.
    Forum Member
    I'm so sick of doing my dissertation now! L.A. sent me an email this afternoon which sounded like she was fed up with me and said there was no point in her providing feedback if I don't act on it. I haven't acted on it because I have other deadlines to meet and I have to have some kind of a life as well! I can't be working 24/7. And to think I loved her and she is/was my favourite lecturer >:( Argh! I don't care any more. I just want to get this thing over with and outta my hair >:( Not to mention I hate the topic I picked. It's really boring.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Morning

I've had Sia's "1000 Forms of Fear" recommended to me so I'm listening to it on Apple Music at the moment. I really liked her album "We Are Born". This album seems to have taken a completely different direction.

What are you all listening to? - Hi new to this forum stuff. recommend a artist called raury a mix between indie and rap, worth a listen.
    Forum Member
    Welcome to the forums ^ ^
    Good luck for tomorrow Mimi. I think that if you don't mind it there could be some full-time jobs there.

I was supposed to be working tomorrow but have taken drastic action to get out of it. I have already worked 2 Saturdays this month anyway!

Although I have kinda lost my attentiveness to new music that enabled me to do list of my favourite songs of the year, I quite unusually like at least 3 songs at present. I think I have already shared John Newman with Come & Get It and Maroon 5 with This Summer. The other is Little Mix with Black Magic.

Thank you Multimedia. :) The first day of induction went okay. I'm very tired now even though we didn't do very much.

What did you do to get out of work? :D
    Forum Member
    Evening.

What are you all doing? I'm about to leave for my voluntary work at the local hospital radio station.

:)
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,405
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums ^ ^

Thank you Multimedia. :) The first day of induction went okay. I'm very tired now even though we didn't do very much.

What did you do to get out of work? :D

I hope you are settling into your new job now Mimi. As for last Saturday off, I bribed the boss while nobody was looking! :D
    In practice, I knew I wanted last Saturday off and how long I wanted for my main holiday before I was sure of exactly when. So, I timed my main holiday to lead up to last Saturday. :)
    Forum Member
    Morning

How are you all? I have more training at work later on before my first official day tomorrow. Hopefully I'll settle in easily :)

I've been listening to "1000 Forms of Fear" a lot lately. I might buy it after work today.
    Forum Member
    I haven't been here in a while bit I'm under a lot of pressure with my dissertation :( L.A. isn't too bad apart from being her usual self and saying you'd better work bitch, but my co-supervisor is terrible. She's tried to take over and mess things up. I'm writing an email to them now to tell them how I feel. I don't seem to have any life any more :cry:
    Forum Member
    Morning

What are you all doing? I'm watching TV and sorting out lunch before I have to go to work.

Any plans for the weekend? My weekend starts at 4:30pm tomorrow. :)
    Forum Member
    Got my dissertation business sorted! I managed to get an extension so that takes the pressure off :cool:
  • TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Page 2? :eek:

Been listening to a lot of country music. The new albums from Alan Jackson and Jason Isbell are truly fantastic.
    Forum Member
    Page 2? :eek:

Been listening to a lot of country music. The new albums from Alan Jackson and Jason Isbell are truly fantastic.

I've been listening to Ashley Monroe's "The Blade". Well, I was yesterday anyway. I'm doing overtime at work at the moment. I desperately need the money. :) roll on 8pm when I finish.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been listening to Ashley Monroe's "The Blade". Well, I was yesterday anyway. I'm doing overtime at work at the moment. I desperately need the money. :) roll on 8pm when I finish.

I've actually been checking out Ashley Monroe on Deezer. I quite like her.

Anyone heard the new Bon Jovi songs?

http://www.teamrock.com/news/2015-08-04/bon-jovi-reveal-saturday-night-video

http://www.teamrock.com/news/2015-08-03/bon-jovi-we-dont-run-video
    Forum Member
    Evening. :)

I've actually been checking out Ashley Monroe on Deezer. I quite like her.

Anyone heard the new Bon Jovi songs?

http://www.teamrock.com/news/2015-08-04/bon-jovi-reveal-saturday-night-video

http://www.teamrock.com/news/2015-08-03/bon-jovi-we-dont-run-video

She has a beautiful voice. I first became aware of her with the Pistol Annies. :)

I haven't heard the new tracks.
    Forum Member
    Evening guys! I'm still up to my eyeballs in my dissertation but I was told to take the weekend off by my lecturers. I got an extension because I was under a lot of strain.
    Forum Member
    "Breaking Bad" is my new TV addiction. I've been watching it on Netflix. It's wonderful. :) I missed it when it was on.

Speaking of which, I'm going to bed. Night all. :)

Evening guys! I'm still up to my eyeballs in my dissertation but I was told to take the weekend off by my lecturers. I got an extension because I was under a lot of strain.

Maybe you should take a break for a while :) just have a day or two where you don't do any uni work. Catch up on TV, film and music or meet up with people. It's ok to take a break from time to time. You're only human.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never watched Breaking Bad :eek:

Ditto Game of Thrones
    Forum Member
    Afternoon. :)
    I have never watched Breaking Bad :eek:

Ditto Game of Thrones

I need to give Game Of Thrones another go at some point. I struggled past the first episode.
    Forum Member
    Maybe you should take a break for a while :) just have a day or two where you don't do any uni work. Catch up on TV, film and music or meet up with people. It's ok to take a break from time to time. You're only human.

I did that at the weekend. I went away for a couple of days and didn't take my books with me (but I had my Mac!) and now I'm back at it again. I got an extension so that makes life easier. L.A. and my co-supervisor, a slightly crazy woman I shall refer to as The Puppetmaster, recommended that I take the weekend off and then go back to it.
    Forum Member
    Afternoon

How are you all?

It's my final day off before starting my working week tomorrow. Gonna see if I can get some overtime as well.

I've been listening to music whilst cooking dinner. The Shires, Ashley Monroe, Miranda Lambert, Paramore and She & Him have been on my playlist. I need to add Ashley Monroe's "The Blade" to my album collection soon, it's a fantastic album.

I did that at the weekend. I went away for a couple of days and didn't take my books with me (but I had my Mac!) and now I'm back at it again. I got an extension so that makes life easier. L.A. and my co-supervisor, a slightly crazy woman I shall refer to as The Puppetmaster, recommended that I take the weekend off and then go back to it.

Good :) it's okay to take a break sometimes. It sounds as if you work very hard.
    Forum Member
    Good :) it's okay to take a break sometimes. It sounds as if you work very hard.

Well I was under a lot of pressure and deadlines, but since I got an extension the pressure is off a little but I've still gotta work bitch ;-) L.A. nearly said that to me at the last meeting! She's a Britney fan as well.