Options

What has happened to Telewest

Recently Virgin Media decided to offer service at my home, being stuck with 9Mb 'broadband' via the Openreach line, I decided to sign up to virgin media.

I signed up for a 12 month contract, 50Mb at £5 a month plus phone line (16.99) all in £21.99 a month. I also had a coupon code for a £50 credit on my bill.

The contract they sent me was for 18 months at £24.49 for 12 months then full price and no mention of the £50 credit.

After a 37 minute phone call, mostly on hold, they kindly decided to give me the deal I signed up for and they would send out a new contract.

Now 5 days later, I have no new contract and if one does not arrive in tomorrows post I will cancel the install. It is already more hassle than I am prepared to deal with from a company I am paying. Well would have payed.

Years and years ago I was with Telewest, they were not perfect, but if there was an issue i phoned up the call centre at the Gyle in Edinburgh and the problem was fixed. Why does Virgin Media not care about customer service?

Comments