Options

Anyone here work at currys?

superboysuperboy Posts: 4,187
Forum Member
✭✭✭
After doing some snooping on the system the other day, i discovered that we can use our staff discount online, it says that each period a unique code is printed on the paylsips, and when purchasing goods we need to enter that code in the 'promotional code' box to obtain the discount, however i cannot find the code anywhere! anyone know where it is?

also, is it possible to use currys gift cards online, or are they store only

many thanks

Comments

• Options
    Dan SetteDan Sette Posts: 5,816
    Forum Member
    Ask a colleague? A Manager? Personel?

I'm sure they would help.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I work at Curry's and would love to know this period's secret discount code too :D
  • Options
    sy278sy278 Posts: 1,168
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I worked in DSG PC World a few years back (hangs head in shame) it was on the bottom right of the payslip in an area about the size of a credit card that was perforrated to be torn off to allow it be kept in wallet or purse for use in all DSG stores.
  • Options
    DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi, I think it will be the promotional code box that appears in the basket bit when you checkout/go to pay.

My husband does work for Currys but as hes agency employed he dont get the discount:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DinkyDoo wrote: »
    Hi, I think it will be the promotional code box that appears in the basket bit when you checkout/go to pay.

My husband does work for Currys but as hes agency employed he dont get the discount:(

I can't find the actual number i need to input into the box lol :o

sy278 wrote: »
    When I worked in DSG PC World a few years back (hangs head in shame) it was on the bottom right of the payslip in an area about the size of a credit card that was perforrated to be torn off to allow it be kept in wallet or purse for use in all DSG stores.

the top third roughly can be torn off, on that it i cannot really see any number that could be entered, but it does say to detach the above portion of the payslip to use as entitlement of staff discount. Oh and I don't want to ask anyone because i'm leaving on saturday and don't want it to seem like im 'robbing from them before i leave' kinda thing lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 119
    Forum Member
    I don't work for Curry's but here is a link to get discount codes for online shopping

http://www.discountcodes.tv/codes.cfm/retailer/currys
  • Options
    :manson::manson: Posts: 817
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Curry's, always cutting prices.

*snip*

:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 104
    Forum Member
    You can't anymore as a staff code was passed around the internet, so they stopped us all having access. Use use reserve&collect/collect@store for web prices with discount
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oh ok cool, by the way can we use our discount in other stores if we detach the section off the payslip and take it in, or is it limited to our own store?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    superboy wrote: »
    oh ok cool, by the way can we use our discount in other stores if we detach the section off the payslip and take it in, or is it limited to our own store?

Pretty sure you can use it in any DSGi store as long as you have a recent payslip and proof of ID.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Al Bino wrote: »
    Pretty sure you can use it in any DSGi store as long as you have a recent payslip and proof of ID.

what if i plan on using the discount in another store two weeks after ive left :o Although at the top of the pay slip it does say "valid until".. and then says the date one month in the future, so i'm thinking two weeks should be ok?
  • Options
    rufnek2k6rufnek2k6 Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I left my workplace before Easter, discount card still works :D