WIFi Problem

pauljoansspauljoanss Posts: 1,408
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Not strictly anything to do with my IPad but could not find a more suitable forum on DS.
A couple of time a day my Internet connection gets "lost" on my IPad, but the wireless connection is still present. The solution is to turn off power to my router, wait for few seconds then turn on again. After a short period the Wifi is connected and then soon after the Internet connection is up and running.
Can anyone advise is the more likely to be a fault in the router (several years old) or a problem caused by my service provider.
Broadband supplied by TalkTalk thro std tel connection.
Router is a Netgear DG834G V3

Comments

• pauljoansspauljoanss Posts: 1,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pauljoanss wrote: »
    Not strictly anything to do with my IPad but could not find a more suitable forum on DS.
    A couple of time a day my Internet connection gets "lost" on my IPad, but the wireless connection is still present. The solution is to turn off power to my router, wait for few seconds then turn on again. After a short period the Wifi is connected and then soon after the Internet connection is up and running.
    Can anyone advise is the more likely to be a fault in the router (several years old) or a problem caused by my service provider.
    Broadband supplied by TalkTalk thro std tel connection.
    Router is a Netgear DG834G V3

Apologies but I have now found the Broadband Forum so please ignore this.