Oneplus One finally unveiled

13»

Comments

• d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    They really are handling the situation badly, for a company that built the demand for their phone via social media and PR hype they seem to have no idea just how much bad press and angry early adopters can trash their image by being difficult to deal with regarding this.
  • richparrrichparr Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    I was really disappointed by my Oneplus. Didn't have the 'yellow screen' problem, but after so much hype over the last few months, in the end it was nothing overly special, only the price.

I've decided to stick with my Oppo 7, a far nicer phone in my opinion in every way.
  • alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d123 wrote: »
    They really are handling the situation badly..
    With cheap top of the range items everyone queues up to complain when the expected eternal happiness does not arrive.

'Easy come, easy go' as they say. It looks a good alternative to the Note and hey, just maybe 5.5" is the size everyone will end up at. The brilliant thing about my 5" phone is that everything is far more viewable so 5.5" is likely even better.
    :)
  • d123d123 Posts: 8,605
    Forum Member
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    With cheap top of the range items everyone queues up to complain when the expected eternal happiness does not arrive.

'Easy come, easy go' as they say. It looks a good alternative to the Note and hey, just maybe 5.5" is the size everyone will end up at. The brilliant thing about my 5" phone is that everything is far more viewable so 5.5" is likely even better.
    :)

I have a Note 2 LTE for occasional use, the 5.5" screen is pretty good for browsing/video/TV streaming.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They can shove their invite system .

Utterly ridiculous .
    Rather than make me want one , it encouraged me to spend elsewhere .

The whole thing is a mess
  • simon69csimon69c Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got my invite on Friday and decided to order one to see what they are like. The other half still has a Galaxy S3 so may be interested in having it when it arrives.
  • Thine WonkThine Wonk Posts: 17,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    klendathu wrote: »
    They can shove their invite system .

Utterly ridiculous .
    Rather than make me want one , it encouraged me to spend elsewhere .

The whole thing is a mess

Pocket Now are very annoyed too, and the reaction has been very negative toward the invite system. If you want to spend money on a product and buy it then it is silly to have to hunt around for somebody that has got one to get an invite.

I would tell them to shove it too.
  • jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did someone get the idea Eric Cartman's 'you can't come' technique?
  • frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny that now they're just taking orders from their website that no-one is talking about them anymore. Um, and maybe Apple taking centre stage right now hasn't helped.
  • simon69csimon69c Posts: 1,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have they actually started pre-orders yet? I thought it wasn't until the end of October. They do seem to be about more generous with the invites at the moment though - I have 2 spare if anyone happens to want one (both for the 64GB).
  • patrice58patrice58 Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    Yes please!
  • frightleverfrightlever Posts: 1,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My mistake - I was on the website and saw the BUY button but they still need an invite. You CAN but the Chinese version quite freely but I don't think I'd risk it.