Kudos to Chico

2»

Comments

• SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    Well done to Chico, although I don't think I will be joining his fan club anytime soon....:D
  • CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Back in his X factor days my young kids dragged me to the tour and he was absolutely fantastic after the show. The only contestant who hung around outside, gave my son a big hug and generally looked out for the fans - especially the kids.

Despite his real cheesiness I think there is a genuineness about him too and I love his positive attitude to life which is somehow so infectious.

Hope he does really well. The crowd seemed to really be cheering for him last night.
  • SallyforthSallyforth Posts: 7,404
    Forum Member
    Really enjoyed his performance and enthusiasm. Agree with Louie about lowering the cheese quotient a little in future (although coming from him that's priceless!:D)
  • BanditaBandita Posts: 3,735
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chico was fantastic and agree with the other do nuts here about the divine Donal and how he came from nothing to doing well and Chico I feel will be the same. I never minded him but didn't think he would come up with the goods.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He isn't short on enthusiasm for anything he does and I was pleasantly surprised at how well he skated. His partnership impressed me most over the first two weeks.

I wish they'd drop the 'Chico time' references at any and every opportunity though. I'm already tired of it and it will put me off him eventually. Fickle? Me? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chico was my biggest surprise of the night and it was a toss-up between him and Sam as to who was my favourite.

Seems like all the old Donuts are feeling the Chico love...can we get ourselves a fanclub name? Carrying on the food theme, how about 'Chiclets'? :D

I kind of see what the judges meant (was it Louie or Robin, I forget) about the cheesy beginning though. I worry that Chico won't be able to repress his natural rather cheesy persona to perform a credible romantic routine. But fingers crossed he's more Donal McIntyre than Mikey Graham!
  • -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stash22 wrote: »
    I think he's married now, and definitely had a kid a couple of years ago - he seems quite family orientated.

Yes, he's married and has a son and daughter. There's a beautiful photo of Chico with his boy on his twitter profile:

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1550543467/me_and_Zac.jpg
    I wish they'd drop the 'Chico time' references at any and every opportunity though. I'm already tired of it and it will put me off him eventually. Fickle? Me? :p

If I stuck by Corin, you're sticking by Chico :p
    Seems like all the old Donuts are feeling the Chico love...can we get ourselves a fanclub name? Carrying on the food theme, how about 'Chiclets'? :D

Chiclets is fine so long as every member wears a pink or blue badge so Sid isn't confused ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ~Waves @ Sid~

He is generally a bit too ebullient for me but fair is fair, he seems to have calmed down a little although he is still very strong on the cheese factor. :p
  • IgnazioIgnazio Posts: 18,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Yes, he's married and has a son and daughter. There's a beautiful photo of Chico with his boy on his twitter profile:

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1550543467/me_and_Zac.jpg

If I stuck by Corin, you're sticking by Chico :p

Chiclets is fine so long as every member wears a pink or blue badge so Sid isn't confused ;)
    What a lovely picture Sid.

Chico's broad smile and excited reaction to the judges assessments of his performance was probably the highlight of the evening for me. You could tell that the marks and comments were totally unexpected.

xxx
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »

*slaps on pink 'Committed Chiclet' badge* :D
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miriam_R wrote: »
    I've met Chico at a PA event during my younger days and he was (back then) just collecting young ladies for the night and so my opinion of him since then hasn't been high (as that type of behaviour has never been attractive to me), plus he didn't sound great live either. BUT now he's 40 and prob different in his behaviour and, in judgement of him just on this show, I thought he was very promising. He's challening his efforts in all the right way I'm glad to see.

He has a wife and two kids in tow now:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More about Chico here:)

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news/67594/Dancing-On-Ice-Its-Chico-Time

Matthews score is the highest this series so far, but it's not record breaking:confused: Ray scored 23.5 for his first skate, and I think Sams first score last year was 21.0:confused:

I don't know if anyone else can top that as I only watched series 1. Too far back to remember any scores:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Matthews score is the highest this series so far, but it's not record breaking:confused: Ray scored 23.5 for his first skate, and I think Sams first score last year was 21.0:confused:

Yeah but you have to take into account that we have two fewer judges than when Ray was on, who are able to award more marks, so now they score out of 10 rather than out of 6.

I realise that means both marks are out of 30 but there's clearly a skewing that means you are likely to get more marks when there are more judges, plus they're working against a different frame of reference so can award marks on a broader basis.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but you have to take into account that we have two fewer judges than when Ray was on, who are able to award more marks, so now they score out of 10 rather than out of 6.

I realise that means both marks are out of 30 but there's clearly a skewing that means you are likely to get more marks when there are more judges, plus they're working against a different frame of reference so can award marks on a broader basis.

Yes it might affect it (three judges instead of five), but Sam still scored 21.0 with three judges:)