iPad mini vs Kindle Fire

2»

Comments

• alanwarwicalanwarwic Posts: 28,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    They use Bluetooth for phone calls as well.I use cut and paste for my music too.It is extremely important to know what any device does, it seems you may not.
    Indeed, and would be buyers only really find out where, what and how little when they buy the device, as your posts continually show.

At least with Android devices we actually get forewarned and not mislead.
    Yep, BT audio is one of the few very things still left working as standard. Wifi is another though tethering is at the full control of your network. LTE is currently part controlled by Apple.
  • kidspudkidspud Posts: 18,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alanwarwic wrote: »
    That could very much make for A1 and A696 nonsense.
    You can link an iDevice to an iPhone but Apple stops GPS tether working from alien devices.

Well, that can't be true. My iPod touch (very old one) uses a Tom Tom cradle to turn it into a satnav (the GPS is in the cradle). I then use navfree to give a very respectable stnav system.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Indeed, and would be buyers only really find out where, what and how little when they buy the device, as your posts continually show.

At least with Android devices we actually get forewarned and not mislead.
    Yep, BT audio is one of the few very things still left working as standard. Wifi is another though tethering is at the full control of your network. LTE is currently part controlled by Apple.

So even though your telling us all this information, most of what seems to be inaccurate, you then say that buyers only really find out when they buy the device.

You've told me Bluetooth doesn't work, it does. You've told me I can't cut and paste music, I can.

You would make a great salesman:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kidspud wrote: »
    So even though your telling us all this information, most of what seems to be inaccurate,
    Well I think you are usually misleading would be Apple buyers.
    Tell em as little as possible and when you do, be economical with the truth. Just say yes but mean something else, playing cat and mouse is how it goes with you.

Sadly that how it looks these days. Owners of stuff like the fire and N4 are far more open about pros and cons. Helps stop much awful backwards progression.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tell em as little as possible and when you do, be economical with the truth. Just say yes but mean something else, playing cat and mouse is how it goes with you.

Sadly that how it looks these days. Owners of stuff like the fire and N4 are far more open about pros and cons. Helps stop much awful backwards progression.

Can you explain what you are talking about or better still show where I have done this?
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The fire isn't really any more open than the mini out of the box. It's restricted to amazon's store. You can root it of course but not everyone is capable/wants to do this or knows how to do it. Likewise the iPad mini can be jail broken allowing you to do more with it. Out of the box the fire is actually worse than the mini because the amazon App Store is severely limited in comparison to apples store. Amazon don't list all the things the fire can't do. You only need to go onto the kindle forums on amazons website to see people complaining about the kindle not being able to do x, y and Z and claiming to have been misled by amazon.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TOut of the box the fire is actually worse than the mini because the amazon App Store is severely limited in comparison to apples store.
    True in many ways, but also half the price and £100 2nd hand.
    I'm also sure the very high resolution Nooks and newer Kindles, out of the box are not necessarily better, even at half of the price.

They are simply all proprietary walled garden devices, not always for those needing a general computing open Windows like device.
  • paulbrockpaulbrock Posts: 16,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The fire isn't really any more open than the mini out of the box. It's restricted to amazon's store. You can root it of course but not everyone is capable/wants to do this or knows how to do it. Likewise the iPad mini can be jail broken allowing you to do more with it. Out of the box the fire is actually worse than the mini because the amazon App Store is severely limited in comparison to apples store.

Guessing you don't need to actually root the Fire to sideload apps though?
  • Anika HansonAnika Hanson Posts: 15,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    paulbrock wrote: »
    Guessing you don't need to actually root the Fire to sideload apps though?

No you can sideload apps without rooting but if you want to install the google play store you need to root it.
  • zapodzapod Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was an iPod with a big screen which in itself was an app selling variation of my 2003 Windows PDA.

And your 2003 Windows PDA... Microsofts response to Palm devices which in turn were inspired by... Apple devices!

And 'iPod Touch with a big screen'? Really? That's supposed to be a bad thing?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    zapod wrote: »
    And 'iPod Touch with a big screen'? Really? That's supposed to be a bad thing?
    Fine in its time as a Windows CE.