Options

Anyone feel slightly sorry for Tracy?

PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
Forum Member
✭✭
She comes back from jail, not seeing her daughter for 3 years, and when he gets back, her daughter doesn't pay much attention, but loves Becky - I mean as hard as she is, it can't be easy for your own daughter to prefer someone else to you

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all.

If Tracy had thought more about her daughter than killing Charlie, she wouldn't be in this mess.
  • Options
    lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    No, No, No, No and errrr NO!!
  • Options
    TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She comes back from jail, not seeing her daughter for 3 years, and when he gets back, her daughter doesn't pay much attention, but loves Becky - I mean as hard as she is, it can't be easy for your own daughter to prefer someone else to you

I do I mean yes she is definetly a nasty bitch but Kate shows many sides to her as shown tonight with Steve - so much range as an actress and chemistry with Simon Gregson.

I hope she gets better writing to help Tracy evolve more in the next year :)
  • Options
    Sally LinzSally Linz Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not really because I don't think she's bothered by this at all. I don't even think she has any genuine feelings for Amy. She just sees her as a tool to wind up Steve and piss off Becky.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No. Evil woman.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope - you get out of life what you put in, which doesn't bode well for Traceyluv. She's a vile character and someone with her personality shouldn't be allowed to raise a child.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sally Linz wrote: »
    Not really because I don't think she's bothered by this at all. I don't even think she has any genuine feelings for Amy. She just sees her as a tool to wind up Steve and piss off Becky.

I don't know, the last shot of her in 2007, was her looking at Amy's picture
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it hard to feel anything much towards Tracy, because she just isn't being written in a believable way. I liked it when she apologised to Steve, a rare moment of realism from a character that has otherwise been pure panto since her return. I WANT to feel something towards her - pity, hatred, love - but at the moment I just don't.

She was always one of my faves in the past. Hopefully she'll settle down soonish.
  • Options
    TheSlayer10TheSlayer10 Posts: 1,866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know, the last shot of her in 2007, was her looking at Amy's picture

Yes with the cellmate saying "is she like you"

Tracy "Oh god I hope not"

That scene made me smile as Tracy has genuine love for her daughter
  • Options
    NPPNPP Posts: 783
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nope. Serves the bitch right.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,258
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, I liked hearing that she wants to open a flower shop. That was a nice touch.
  • Options
    lozzerbozzerlozzerbozzer Posts: 5,026
    Forum Member
    All Amy's ever been to Tracy is bait for Steve...She did it when he was with Karen and now it's Becky's turn, she's vile.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. The writers have not given us any reason to, nor is Katie Ford's acting strong enough to elicit any sympathy.
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    No - she is just a tame version of Janine in EE but without the psycho depth.

Still she made the last few episodes of Corrie funny - you can't beat a good catfight.
  • Options
    NeomysterioNeomysterio Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No... the character is pure panto and kate ford just can't act very well at all. :(
  • Options
    zombie woofzombie woof Posts: 6,906
    Forum Member
    Considering she tried to sell to her to Roy and Hayley.....no, not really.
  • Options
    kazzykazzy Posts: 1,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she cared for her child she wouldn't have thrown a drink over her!!
  • Options
    big danbig dan Posts: 7,878
    Forum Member
    I did slightly tonight. My main problem with this story is it's nearly identical to Karen/Steve/Tracy. It isn't helped by the fact that Becky has been pretty much molded into Karen Mark 2. Would love to see Tracy up against someone with the emotional stability and intelligence to really put up a fight against her.
  • Options
    tiggerspptiggerspp Posts: 386
    Forum Member
    No I don't, the sooner she gets sent back to jail the better... or maybe she could be death number 4 we were promised.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kazzy wrote: »
    If she cared for her child she wouldn't have thrown a drink over her!!

I don't think she realised how nasty that was, in her own twisted way, she just wanted Amy to wear the present she got her
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not at all.
    She tried to sell her baby to Roy and Hayley.
    She treats her abominably now.
    She is rude to most people, it seems.
    And why did she call Ken by the name Kenny? She used to call him Dad.

The character is irrelevant, in my opinion.
  • Options
    IndegIndeg Posts: 1,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is much easier to feel sympathy for Tracy when the writing is strong and allows us to catch glimpses of her motivations and vulnerabilities. She is a character that benefits immensely from being underplayed and the big mistake of the Christmas episodes was that they overplayed her. I think I am slowly starting to understand her better now, although she has a long way to go still. I just hope the writing for her improves because the actress really isn't strong enough to sell a weak script effectively or sympathetically.