Philip Schofield and Twitter

2»

Comments

• Options
    penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nswaki wrote: »
    Total over reaction to twitter imo.... he can say what he likes and is entitiled to do so..... and twitter is for all age groups young as well as old....... give me twitter over fb anyday....

How about neither and just promoting the programme you're on and being paid to work on?
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't follow Phil, but is he tweeting in the ad breaks of DOI like Ant and Dec did during IACGMOOH?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't follow Phil, but is he tweeting in the ad breaks of DOI like Ant and Dec did during IACGMOOH?

How sad
  • Options
    happy tvhappy tv Posts: 1,708
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How sad

I agree. I think he is a bit obsessed with it. I know he has alot of followers so maybe it makes him feel good about himself to think all those people love him.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    happy tv wrote: »
    Yes, I just don't get twitter. It is full of teenagers and cyber bullies

Its full of obsessed biebers too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. I think he is a bit obsessed with it. I know he has alot of followers so maybe it makes him feel good about himself to think all those people love him.

I think he's terrified of not seeming young and up to date
  • Options
    ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully he's forced to close down his account after a drunken rant against Christine Bleakley in the near future
  • Options
    Hobbes1966Hobbes1966 Posts: 5,371
    Forum Member
    Sorry i forgot the first one. I don't mean everyone on twitter is, but alot of people can say really nasty things and get away with it. My apologies for making a generalisation. I am sure there are people who use it responsibly too.

Thats ok :D I just thought you were trying to bait, my mistake:o. I do go on Twitter but only really take notice of people I'm following. I don't look for what is trending very much and am careful if I do. You can come across some nasty posts but then with Twitter, like fb, you get out of it whatever you want. You just need to be selective.

ETA: I'm glad Philip mentioned 'the strand' trending. I'm following it now and it is funny:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully he's forced to close down his account after a drunken rant against Christine Bleakley in the near future

Or admitting the extent to which he lusts after Dolly Willoughby...
  • Options
    AoibheannRoseAoibheannRose Posts: 1,617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How sad

So is that a yes or a no? And it was actually great, proper interactive tv! DOI is different though, more structured so no room for word games and they can't really trail ahead as they don't know what's going to happen next, so there wouldn't be much point I suppose.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Phil only likes to be Tweeted by people who agree with him and want to tell him how wonderful he is. I know he's blocked people who've disagreed with him before, and in some cases been quite rude.
  • Options
    E05297535E05297535 Posts: 5,602
    Forum Member
    Like a big kid with his new toy probably got a vested interest in twitter!!
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's nice when the contestants get support from other people - both Brenda Edwards and Ray Quinn have tweeted to Chico:)

http://twitter.com/#!/chicotime1
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    It's nice when the contestants get support from other people - both Brenda Edwards and Ray Quinn have tweeted to Chico:)

self-seeking waste of time IMO
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »

I see Rowetta has tweeted him too .... they're all obviously friends so nice to see them supporting him ... they've all got careers in their own right so I would say it's a friendship thing and has nothing to do with "self-seeking"

I follow a lot of 80's pop stars on Twitter and it's great to see them tweeting each other when there's obviously genuine friendship their
  • Options
    linc52linc52 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i love twitter
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    linc52 wrote: »
    i love twitter

I don't!